NSAC to Overeem: "License Granted"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » NSAC to Overeem: "License Granted"
MuayThaiGeek13
1/8/13 12:56:51PM
Today, Alistair Overeem is meeting with the NSAC to apply for his license as an MMA athlete. He will be asked to present evidence that he has been clean during his suspension and will find out if he is to be licensed today. John Morgan from MMAJunkie is on the scene:

-Blasting through a few reservation dates and grant requests, and now it's time for Overeem.

-Jovial start to Overeem's hearing, as he's questioned about the weather in Florida, his new home.

-Overeem: "We've done everything we can to correct the errors that were made."

-Kizer said Overeem sent in five tests between June and November that were all clean. Additionally, he was tested by NSAC on 11/16 and 12/21.

-Alistair said he's been training during his time off and is actually bigger than he was before.

-Alistair said he has a new nutritionist and a better medical team to ensure he's always clean.

-Pat Lundvall asking if Alistair has insight on any lessons NSAC can learn from this situation.

-Overeem suggest NSAC needs to address the difficulty of arranging testing internationally.

-Motion is on the table and approved unanimously. Overeem has his license.

Mmajunkie
Budgellism
1/8/13 1:09:40PM
airkerma
1/8/13 1:18:45PM
sparky
1/8/13 2:10:47PM
Woooooooooooo

This is the best news I've heard in days
shaneTpain
1/8/13 2:34:32PM
Bigfoot is a goner
jay98107
1/8/13 2:38:02PM
"Kizer said Overeem sent in five tests between June and November that were all clean. Additionally, he was tested by NSAC on 11/16 and 12/21."

Really glad to hear this. I can finally have a bit of faith in Overeem being clean.
tcunningham
1/8/13 3:00:28PM
-Kizer said Overeem sent in five tests between June and November that were all clean. Additionally, he was tested by NSAC on 11/16 and 12/21.

this is a good thing. i think overeem can be extremely successful without any kind of PED's or weird nutrition plans. im sure a guy like dolce could get overeem huge without breaking any rules. glad to see overeem coming back, looking forward to seeing him wreck some HW's
Budgellism
1/8/13 3:13:16PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Bigfoot is a goner

It's going to be ugly. Probably not as ugly as the Cain beatdown but I see him eating an uberknee or 2 pretty early.
DrivenDavies15
1/8/13 3:38:57PM
So happy to hear this!!! Can't wait to see some more Overeem fights!
Bubbles
1/8/13 3:52:17PM
jlock003
1/8/13 6:45:57PM
I was a pretty big Overeem hater at first but I'm definitely excited to see him fight if he's clean and it's obvious he is at the moment. Good job by Vegas getting him licensed too.