NSAC Meeting (Live Video)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » NSAC Meeting (Live Video)
grappler0000
12/12/11 6:28:36PM
As of this post, they are discussing some general topics, with Overeem coming up at some point.

Link
grappler0000
12/12/11 6:39:56PM
Ubereem should be up any minute.
grappler0000
12/12/11 6:41:04PM
And here we go...
BuffaloDave
12/12/11 7:03:57PM
You think he was being brought up on murder charges, they're grilling him.

Budgellism
12/12/11 7:04:13PM
I just got home. What did they say?
grappler0000
12/12/11 7:04:17PM
Overeem is under oath

-AO's assistant was informed of the out-of-competition urinalysis request on 11/17 at about 2 or 3pm

-AO flew to Holland on 11/17 at 6pm to address his mother's health

-AO took a test once in Holland. The test Alistaire took was the wrong kind of test...it was a blood test, but it didn't fullfill all of the requirements by the NSAC. It's unclear how the mixup occurred.

-After the results came back, AO was informed that the test was not sufficient. A urinalysis was requested again (through his assistant).

-AO had the urine test done and is results should be in this week. Doesn't sound good. Sounds like it was Overeem's personal physician that did the urinalysis.

-AO stated that he was unaware of the request until he was back in his home country...meaning he didn't talk to his assistant (about the test) before leaving the states.

-AO states he bought his ticket for the flight on the 15th.

-This is a somewhat of a new experience for AO, since he's never been involved in the drug testing process, outside of submitting a sample.

-AO is questioned about his time fighting at LHW and now being 255 lbs, which AO states that he's been a HW fighter for 4 years.

-AO's assistant is now under oath and being questioned.

-Mr. Lamb (assistant) states that he passed the information along to AO via email. Keith Kizer spoke to Mr. Lamb, telling him that they needed a steroid panel done asap...urinalysis was not specified. He passed that information along to AO. When asked, Mr. Lamb states that he is not accustomed to dealing with other commissions and does not work with other athletes.

-The commission is going over their options.

Horrible timing for the video to go out...I'll get an update from twitter.

Per Mike Chiappetta

-NSAC official says he feels there was no great sense of urgency to compete the test.

-Official says he believes Overeem is telling the truth, but basically didnt like how he handled it.

-Commission will consider a license that will put additional requirements on Overeem in the future. Vote still to come...

-Motion is for license conditional upon his 12/7 sample being clean, and 2 random tests in the future at his expense. vote coming...

-No one seconds the motion, so here comes more deliberation...

Feed is back on

-The panel is discussing steroids and how tests work.

-The commission is discussing process improvement.

-NSAC is suggesting he take a new test within 72 hours, then be subjected to 2 random test in next 6 months.

-That license is granted. So Overeem has a conditional license to fight Brock Lesnar based on those grounds.

-NSAC also names Mario Yamasaki as referee of the Lesnar-Overeem fight, with Jarman, Trowbridge & Crosby as the judges.
Budgellism
12/12/11 7:22:31PM
Hmmmm, sounds a little fishy to me. I'm not accusing but I've had suspicions about Overeem for years and it would be pretty shitty to see I was correct.
grappler0000
12/12/11 7:23:45PM

Posted by Budgellism

Hmmmm, sounds a little fishy to me. I'm not accusing but I've had suspicions about Overeem for years and it would be pretty shitty to see I was correct.

Yeah, if they look to see when he paid for the ticket and find him to be truthful, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on the rest though.
BuffaloDave
12/12/11 7:31:04PM
Sounds like the person streaming is getting a tattoo while listening to the hearing.
grappler0000
12/12/11 7:34:00PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Sounds like the person streaming is getting a tattoo while listening to the hearing.

It's LayzieTheSavage from MiddleEasy.
Twenty20Dollars
12/12/11 7:39:52PM
Might send him to UK for pre fight test, b/c prolly can't get him back to US anytime soon.
grappler0000
12/12/11 7:47:29PM
Well, can't ask for much more than that! As long as he passes his test, THE FIGHT IS ON!
Twenty20Dollars
12/12/11 7:51:21PM
granted conditional license
grappler0000
12/12/11 8:09:30PM
Horse Meat - 1
Commission - 0