NSAC's Keith Kizer 'Very Unhappy' With Anderson Silva Following UFC 148

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » NSAC's Keith Kizer 'Very Unhappy' With Anderson Silva Following UFC 148
« Previous Page
postman
7/11/12 10:33:31AM
Isn't Anderson Praised for the accuracy of his strikes seems like he planted this one just as he wanted.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
lll-lll
7/11/12 1:43:44PM
I dont think you can penalize Silva for the knee. Like I stated earlier, he got lucky. That knee would have ruined the whole event and been a huge blemish on his career. Silva is a smart enough fighter to know better.
postman
7/11/12 3:11:50PM

Posted by lll-lll

I dont think you can penalize Silva for the knee. Like I stated earlier, he got lucky. That knee would have ruined the whole event and been a huge blemish on his career. Silva is a smart enough fighter to know better.

He is the most accurate fighter in the world and now your saying he got a lucky? If anderson Silva wanted to knee Chael in the head he would of kneed him in the head. How many times can you say a guy is pin point accurate before your no longer allowed to say he got a lucky strike in?
BlueSkiesBurn
7/12/12 4:01:36PM

Posted by scoozna

Good thread...BSB and lohman make great points.

It has made me rethink my earlier statement and revise it - i don't much care about a one-off shorts grab, but repeatedly doing it should result in rule-enforcement by the refs...no doubt about it, just like Manak said.

Regarding Kizer, i think i side with BSB a bit here. He may be guessing at Silva's intentions, he may be inferring, assuming, divining, however you want to characterize it - but as a commissioner of an AC he has a responsibility to send the message to the fighters that he's watching you and is prepared to penalize your actions (in a regulatory way) if you've said, and proven, that you're willing to break the rules. That message is intended to get him to stop doing it in the future so no action is necessary, and no rules are broken. That should be his position - stop it before it happens.

If Kizer isn't exactly the right person to send that message, i dunno who would be.

Scoozna has hit the nail on the head for my comments. Kizer's job is to protect fighters going forward. If you add up everything, the "greasing," the fence grabbing, and the knee that has everyone questioning intent, it's not a message that ANY Athletic Commission wants to send.

I don't care where you sit on these issues. I don't care if you think they are a big deal or not. It's not Kizer's job to care about that. It's his job to assess the situation and figure out if this is something he wants in his state. He's decided that this fight had too many questionable things happen and does not want to ever see it again.

When Athletic Commissions are going broke and are being ran by individuals being investigated/indicted, Kizer is just saying too much crap happened in one fight. Regardless of how people choose to explain it, view it, analyze it, or assume whose intentions were what, the fact that all of this is coming out isn't good.

I'm not calling Anderson a cheater or dishonorable, etc..I am just asking you guys to stop ripping Kizer and see where he's coming from.

Aside from that, this isn't exactly the first time Anderson has had someone pissed at him following a title fight. He seems to have a knack for doing what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants it. I can't think of any other champ who has now had two people say that they won't be sad if he doesn't fight [insert venue/card placement here].
Aether
7/12/12 6:45:51PM
Hey Kizer, why don't you focus on the real problems in MMA, like the organization that you run which employs scores of incompetent judges and referees.

Scumbag.
mrsmiley
7/12/12 7:43:14PM

Posted by postman

Isn't Anderson Praised for the accuracy of his strikes seems like he planted this one just as he wanted.

The guy smiling in the right hand corner cracks me up. He must have won a lot of money or just hated Chael,haha.
lll-lll
7/13/12 12:39:44AM

Posted by postman

Posted by lll-lll

He is the most accurate fighter in the world and now your saying he got a lucky? If anderson Silva wanted to knee Chael in the head he would of kneed him in the head. How many times can you say a guy is pin point accurate before your no longer allowed to say he got a lucky strike in?

Thats right! Because Anderson lands 100% of everything he throws and lands it exactly where he means to. Ill give you the Fanboy of the Month Award for that one. Good argument fanboy. BTW if Anderson is always on the top of his game, what happened in the first Okami fight? He doesnt make mistakes does he. You are so right! He is absolutely flawless!
Pages: 1 [2]