'NOTORIOUS'

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 'NOTORIOUS'
emfleek
1/20/09 11:39:00AM
The only reason I decided to go check this movie out last night is because Notorious B.I.G. was popular and eventually killed right around my 10th-12th grade years in school. At the time, I listened to quite a bit of rap and hip-hop so I was a casual fan of Biggie. Anyways...I thought the movie was pretty good. Actually, it shocked me. I wasn't expecting much going in.

I'd probably give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts/opinions?

fizzle
1/20/09 2:00:55PM
Juicy is one of my favorite tracks. So obviously I am a casual fan of his as well. I haven't seen the flick but if you give it about an 8 i'll need to check it out. I was probably going to anyway.
dannyfrank
1/20/09 2:01:39PM
i havent seen it yet, but i really want to
CwB
1/20/09 4:02:22PM
im a big fan of biggie smalls, to me the movie looked dumb but i will have to check it out now, but i will probably wait for it to come out on dvd...

If you dont know now you know...
SpiderSilva
1/20/09 6:40:07PM
I heard the guy who played biggie was at a showing of the movie and almost got shot because someone went into the theater and shot up the place
cowcatcher
1/20/09 7:36:21PM
im not a biggie fan at all, and dont really know much more about him than the crap mtv has shown me when they werent making terrible "reality" shows. without being a fan theres really no reason for me to see the movie, but ive heard good things, then again, im guessing most people seeing this are fans of his so opinions might be a little skewed.
The_Ho_Bag
1/20/09 7:49:34PM
the bad thing ab the movie is that - Biggie looks like fat albert aha and his eyes arent the gangsta like biggie, and made him look like he was a superhero but i am a fan of biggie and enjoyed it a lot, enjoyed how they made faith Evans and Lil Kim look like sluts they also did a good job with Derek Luke look like Diddy
id give it a 7.5-10
king_katool
1/20/09 9:55:00PM
cant say im a fan of biggie his music is ok but im a pac guy, always have been still cant believe they made about biggie before pac, but anyway i did watch the movie and i thought it was really good, they did a good job and it didnt turn out all fake and made up looking like 50 cents movie, im with fleek on this one an 8 sounds about right good movie

PS. PM me and ill point you in the direction to watch it for free with a few clicks lol i mean who pays for movies now a days
MMAcca
1/21/09 1:05:47AM
I'll probably watch this because of all the buzz that's being generated about it and to learnn more about the whole murder scenario.
nastshabast
1/21/09 3:06:00AM
I can't wait to see it. I'm a huge B.I.G. fan.
pv3Hpv3p
1/21/09 10:25:39AM
I like most of what I've heard from Biggie, but don't listen to too much hiphop overall so I'm not super in tune with what he was coming out with... The whole era of hiphop and the questions surrounding the whole situation intrigue me... I watched a behind the music on him and it was interesting as well... Rags to riches, or "ashy to classy" if you will, type stories always spark my interest anyhow...

That and my best friend and I used to get all smoked out and listen to "Gimme the Loot" on the way to bowling every week when we were younger... ahhh the good old days
The_Ho_Bag
1/21/09 11:44:21AM

Posted by king_katool

cant say im a fan of biggie his music is ok but im a pac guy, always have been still cant believe they made about biggie before pac, but anyway i did watch the movie and i thought it was really good, they did a good job and it didnt turn out all fake and made up looking like 50 cents movie, im with fleek on this one an 8 sounds about right good movie

PS. PM me and ill point you in the direction to watch it for free with a few clicks lol i mean who pays for movies now a days

they made Tupac resurrection
cowcatcher
1/21/09 12:26:56PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

wasnt that more of a documentary using real footage of him though? im not a fan of tupac either, in fact ill always see tupac as one of the guys dancing around in the background of digital underground videos, its hard for me to see him as gangster after that even if he was involved with that sort of thing.(nothing but trouble anyone???)
king_katool
1/21/09 5:27:28PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by king_katool

ye i seen resurrection but if you compare the too you can see the difference in what im talking about
EvenFlow
1/21/09 6:22:40PM
Biggie he has his own blunt wraps, hes dead and he has blunt wraps named after him
RampageOwnedYou
1/21/09 7:36:21PM
I am going to watch it this week, i was a fan at the time. I was around 14/15 when he was popular. But to be honest I was a bigger 2Pac fan. Look forward to the movie.
The_Ho_Bag
1/21/09 10:33:22PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by king_katool

ye i seen resurrection but if you compare the too you can see the difference in what im talking about

i get what your saying, maybe they will make- Tupac Amerikaz most wanted aha
king_katool
1/21/09 11:22:17PM
well you sure got the title right haha