Something I noticed about Pride 34

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Something I noticed about Pride 34
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 2:49:24PM
I know that all Pride fans, including myself, are sad to see the Pride as we know it go. I personally don't want the NSAC rules forced on them, but meh... I believe it will all end up good for MMA...

The one thing I did notice about Pride's last PPV...

All fights were finished in decisive fashion.

Not one fight made it out of the first round!

I personally think it was a great show, although I would have loved to see Wanderlei and Iggy go at it...

I think we should all give props to Pride for putting on a good last show under DSE, and also for the decade or so of great fights they've givin us.

I'll start

props to Pride, Mr Sakikabara and everything they gave us and stood for
JimiMak
4/8/07 3:14:46PM
100,00%. I'm not "afraid" for the future of the sport, but I will miss everyting about the old PRIDE. I discovered it in 2001 and it immediately became my favorite. I'm not gonna ramble but I cannot say enough good things about what the company did for ten years for this sport. Props on the last show, props on 10 years of great fights, thank you for everything. This was indeed a great show to go out on (of course we all wanted wandy/igor, but shit happens).
Northrend
4/8/07 3:29:49PM
After watching Sakuraba cry I started to cry a little. Really is a sad day for me..props Mr Sakikabara for everything you've done and have a great life!
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 3:54:19PM

Posted by Northrend

After watching Sakuraba cry I started to cry a little. Really is a sad day for me..props Mr Sakikabara for everything you've done and have a great life!

Ya it was tough... Even when Esch thanks Mr. Sakikabara for everything that he'd done for the sport was a pretty sad moment...

Hopefully it's all to the good...

Either way... WAR PRIDE
Mastodon2
4/8/07 3:56:47PM
It was a sad day for MMA, these are the burning times, the glory days are over as of last night.

It just gets worse now

Goodbye Pride, the most glorious and pure of all MMA!
Trapt1nw0nder
4/8/07 6:01:07PM
too bad for all those fighters who cant make 265....bye bye butterbean...bye bye Mark Hunt....

i really hope UFC makes a featherweight(140),and Super Heavyweight divisions(285-335)
JoeMimic
4/8/07 6:05:52PM
The fights were good and I can understand why everything was so emotional but damn if I wasn't having a hard time staying awake.
Lay_N_Pray
4/8/07 6:26:51PM
One chapter over...the next one beginning.

I think Pride will be better then ever in the future.

Don't get me wrong the first few cards may be rough under the new ownership, but they will be able to adapt and eventually it will be even better then it was before. I will be sad to see Mark Hunt leave, I hope something gets done about that as far as another weight class or something.
JimiMak
4/8/07 6:54:52PM
I think the biggest questions are who'll be president and who'll be match maker. The rule changes suck, but those two ppl (supposedly it won't be White/Silva) will have the most direct impact on both the long and short term for the company. I'm hoping they'll bring knees/kicks on the ground back after a while (was glad to see them being used last nite) but I doubt it. I will watch and love "Ultimate PRIDE" or whatever you wanna call it... but it won't be the product I've grown to love for the last 6 years.

GOODBYE PRIDE

WAR MMA
Mastodon2
4/8/07 6:56:16PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

too bad for all those fighters who cant make 265....bye bye butterbean...bye bye Mark Hunt....

i really hope UFC makes a featherweight(140),and Super Heavyweight divisions(285-335)

Make no mistake, if they dont make allowances to let Butterbean, Hunt, Bobish etc fight again they will be losing some great fights.
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 7:04:34PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Make no mistake, if they dont make allowances to let Butterbean, Hunt, Bobish etc fight again they will be losing some great fights.

I have to imagine that Hunt will either make the cut to 265 or they will have to figure something out... It would be a damn shame if he had to one of the smaller orgs or back to K-1... Actually now that I think about it, I will watch him wherever he fights (I'd love to see him fight Junior some time)... But wouldn't want him back in K-1 because I have him at like 7 or 8 in top ten MMA HVWT's

I think hope might be lost for Butterbean... That's a damn shame...
Mastodon2
4/8/07 7:05:52PM
It will be the biggest shame for Hunt, he is a tough as hell guy, and a skilled fighter too, it would be a shame if he got bumped because of The Fertittas ignorant rule tinkering.
pv3Hpv3p
4/8/07 8:18:37PM
EDIT: Sorry mods... Can you please erase this post... I'm just talking in circles over here.
dstlvb
4/8/07 10:52:36PM
I give props to Pride for possibly passing up bigger money and selling to guys he thought were true fans of the sport and had what they belive is its best interest at heart. I would rather see the Fertatas own Pride than some of these late commers to the sport, that just a couple of years ago were denouncing MMA
MMA117
4/8/07 11:44:06PM
I agree i dont fear the changes either.I do think it was a bad start for them to say that they were gonna keep it a japanese product then go and turn around and change the fighting structure, i am excited to see the match ups that will now be possible
ButterBalls
4/9/07 12:58:07AM
I saw the replay and it was really poorly put together....I know Pride is broke and all but damn. At least the fights were good, although I'm not too pleased that they only showed 6 of them and I had to watch the Coleman highlight reel twice and listen to him, Trigg, and Randleman bullshit for an hour.
Reignofterror
4/9/07 1:02:59AM
Pride Never Die!