noticed something in Diaz vs. Pellegrino fight...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » noticed something in Diaz vs. Pellegrino fight...
blkssncpt
4/12/08 7:12:58PM
well i DVR'ed the fight night and i was watching it a couple of days ago and i noticed something when Pellegrino took Nate down and put him in the crucifix position. when started to unload on him, at 2:55 and at 2:49 Nate looks lik he goes limp. at the 2:55 mark he definately looks lik he went limp while Kurt was dropping bombs on him after about the third punch he doesnt deffend against the punched and at the 2:49 mark u cant really tell because of the camara angle but he doesnt seem to even try to move his head. i know both his arms were trapped so he couldnt really defend much but at the 2:55 mark he stops moving his legs and arms but i think because Pellegrino is throwing some many punches he knockes him back to consciousness(sp). anyways it was just an observation i made, did anyone else notice this????

-Rob
Twenty20Dollars
4/12/08 7:21:48PM
doesnt really matter because diaz won
mkiv9secsupra
4/12/08 7:24:54PM
he was in an awkward position and the ref didnt have a clear view. its very possible Diaz was out but the fact is he survived the onslaught and won. nothing more
SpiderSilva
4/12/08 8:00:03PM
I guess what your sayin is that lil Diaz can bee KOed
Twenty20Dollars
4/12/08 8:09:44PM
um anyone can be KOed in that position.
slick781
4/12/08 9:52:58PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

What a total dickhead thing to say. The guy observed something that nobody else has discussed and left it at that... and really, it does matter, because its damn interesting. He didn't say "ZOMG, DIAZ GOT KTFO, GAY REF SHOULDA STOPPED IT, WTF!" so there was no reason for your reply other than that you caught a splinter from that stick up your ass. This is one of those dumbass comments you have to read 15 pages of on Sherdog.

TS, good observation, I'm gonna go look at it now.
xchickox
4/12/08 10:11:26PM
i just watched it again and i watched his legs and they are moving all the time so i dont he went limp at all
Twenty20Dollars
4/12/08 11:03:32PM
im just tired of seeing pointless posts, then the guy above me just said he legs didnt go limp.

so what if im being an ass, im going to tell it how it is not my problem you cant handle it.

I mean you cant change the outcome of the fight. so why even mention it.
blkssncpt
4/13/08 1:07:47AM
ok first of i wasnt trying to take anything away from Diaz's win i actually picked him over Pellegrino by sub in the 2nd, so i had complete confidence in him, but lik slick781 said it was just something i noticed and i wanted to know if anyone else saw it.

oh and xchickox i tellin u watch it again, at the 2:55 mark when he first puts him in that awkward position. he throws the first punch which looks to be the one that might have put him out. then he looks lik he goes limp, watch his legs no movement his arms stop moving aswell and his head just bounces of the mat, then when he punches him again after dropping about some serious elbows Nate just seems to just pop his head up after the four or five elbows, just watch for the first punch after the elbows.

but hey man excuse me for making a "POINTLESS THREAD".....

-Rob
bullettdodger
4/13/08 1:24:26AM

In that order..
slick781
4/13/08 2:12:17AM

im just tired of seeing pointless posts, then the guy above me just said he legs didnt go limp.

so what if im being an ass, im going to tell it how it is not my problem you cant handle it.

By this logic, nobody should ever talk about a fight after its completion, for fear that some pole smoker might think you are trying to "change the outcome of the fight."

This is how every thread would read:

TS- "Did you see Fedor break that guy's arm in three places!? Here's the clip!"
First reply- "Dude this post is pointless, you cant change the outcome of the fight, n00b"

Yours was the only "pointless" post in this whole thread. Not only was it completely asinine, it had no relevance to the TS.

You're tired of pointless posts, the rest of the world thinks you suck at life.

"Can't handle it" haha, get a job.
gartface
4/13/08 2:46:19AM
I noticed this, and discussed in in the first post fight thread. No one else seemed to agree with me. He was out on the ground, and out on his feet once he got up. (Much like Tommy Speer was after the first onslaught of punches from Johnson.)
Jackelope
4/13/08 2:53:39AM
I definitely thought Nate went out in that first round. Glad some other people saw the same things I saw.

For the record I do not see this thread as pointless. More like an interesting observation. No complaints or flames, just an observation worth discussing on a board that's made for discussing things of this very nature.
jgtribbett
4/13/08 3:15:12AM

Posted by slick781

By this logic, nobody should ever talk about a fight after its completion, for fear that some pole smoker might think you are trying to "change the outcome of the fight."

This is how every thread would read:

TS- "Did you see Fedor break that guy's arm in three places!? Here's the clip!"
First reply- "Dude this post is pointless, you cant change the outcome of the fight, n00b"

Yours was the only "pointless" post in this whole thread. Not only was it completely asinine, it had no relevance to the TS.

You're tired of pointless posts, the rest of the world thinks you suck at life.

"Can't handle it" haha, get a job.

hahahahahhaha wonderful... hahahaah
telnights
4/13/08 4:36:28AM

speaking of pointless is it anything like this.

or this

who cares really....

How about you don't knock other people's post without first taking a look at your own. Ever heard of the saying people in glasses houses shouldnt through stones! Next time if you don't see the point of a topic how about not posting in it at all instead of adding your one liners saying how pointless you think it is.
thisbeme
4/13/08 7:24:06AM
well this got ugly pretty quick.. interesting....HAHA
xchickox
4/13/08 7:47:40AM

Posted by blkssncpt
oh and xchickox i tellin u watch it again, at the 2:55 mark when he first puts him in that awkward position. he throws the first punch which looks to be the one that might have put him out. then he looks lik he goes limp, watch his legs no movement his arms stop moving aswell and his head just bounces of the mat, then when he punches him again after dropping about some serious elbows Nate just seems to just pop his head up after the four or five elbows, just watch for the first punch after the elbows.

i've just watched it again and i still think he is moving his legs, during the whole time, diaz is in trouble there but i still think he's concious
mkiv9secsupra
4/13/08 10:08:54AM
i just watched it again...it looks like either Nate was trying to roll to his stomach or he was rocked hard and knocked out. Its a pretty tough position to judge if he was out or not. But i think Nate did go out for a split second there.
tylerlee123
4/13/08 1:06:19PM
Diaz coming back from those crucifix's was awesome, but as for Nate being Knocked Out, I dont think so Diaz is a warrior with good fighting spirit anyone who makes a comeback like that gets my respect
npayant
4/13/08 1:14:25PM

Posted by tylerlee123

Diaz coming back from those crucifix's was awesome, but as for Nate being Knocked Out, I dont think so Diaz is a warrior with good fighting spirit anyone who makes a comeback like that gets my respect

Did you even rewatch the fight?!? By the sounds of your post, you didn't...

I did, and I must 100% agree with the TS...leading up to 2:55 Diaz's legs are moving, and immediately following 2:55, both legs (and his body) go completely limp for about 4 seconds... I think you're right...

Good find...

And even more props to Diaz for withstanding that!! I picked him as well, so I'm glad it wasn't called there!!
gartface
4/13/08 1:20:05PM

Posted by npayant
And even more props to Diaz for withstanding that!! I picked him as well, so I'm glad it wasn't called there!!

Yeah I guess, he got woken up by a punch, and as you can see with some of the other knockouts that night, people seem a little fresher after getting woken up. (I.E. Houston Alexander, Karo Parisyan.)
GSPCanada
4/13/08 9:56:07PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by npayant

Yeah I guess, he got woken up by a punch, and as you can see with some of the other knockouts that night, people seem a little fresher after getting woken up. (I.E. Houston Alexander, Karo Parisyan.)

haha must have been something in the colorado air i guess

I see him go limp I personally think it was not enough for a stoppage though and ended up being the right decision. good catch though, we all know to look out for Nate's recovery skills from now on
bls1919
4/13/08 11:38:59PM
I really ? the fact that a person can be punched back into consciousness(sp)
blkssncpt
4/14/08 1:58:32AM

Posted by xchickox
i've just watched it again and i still think he is moving his legs, during the whole time, diaz is in trouble there but i still think he's concious

right on man cant knock u for wat u see, but atleast u went back and watched it

-Rob
Pookie
4/14/08 2:13:29AM
If pellegrino would have hit with more power and less speed i think the fight would have been stopped. He wasnt putting much at all on the punches, i dont think diaz was out in that portion of the fight.
CornishMMA
4/14/08 6:21:41AM
The only thing i think we need to say is that flurry of punches was so good that another ref on another day would have stopped it, i dont think anyone would have complianed that much had it been stopped, i know i thought it would at 1 point, but then again it just shows how if a guy isnt KO'd but can survive alot of hard punches he can come back to win strong, makes you wish for less early stoppages

Even though i picked Kurt and would have won over $4000 for a $45 parlay if he had won im not going to say it should have been stopped cos we all saw what happened

Good thread though and $20 posts were retarded
teddythetuna
4/15/08 3:37:01PM
i actually thought he went out too. i was waiting for the ref to stop it but it didnt happen. i had picked pelligrino to win so i was a little disappointed but props to diaz. i just cant stand him or his brother but they are good fighters.