Did anyone else notice that the fight night was not live?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Did anyone else notice that the fight night was not live?
WrestlersAssassin
9/18/08 12:38:30AM
I dont know about the rest of you but here in mountain time it was not live, in the spoilers all the fights had been over like in the overseas events.

Can anyone explain?
WrestlersAssassin
9/18/08 1:05:49AM
no pacific or mountain time people notice this?
haggiswashere
9/18/08 3:27:22AM
i noticed too. i think it was because TUF was on right after and they wanted it to be on back to back but they wanted to keep TUF on the same time slot.
Aether
9/18/08 7:07:32AM
I'm on mountain time and I was posting in the spoilers thread as the fights were happening. Live for me. Either that or it was delayed for everyone.
Rush
9/18/08 8:22:50AM
I am in EST, and there was some sort of delay because any swearing was censored. I don't know the length of the delay though.
emfleek
9/18/08 8:31:05AM
The only thing I noticed was the eagerness to go to commercial. Most times, the buzzer hadn't even sounded at the end of a round and it had already gone to commercial.
DCRage
9/18/08 8:47:25AM

Posted by Rush

I am in EST, and there was some sort of delay because any swearing was censored. I don't know the length of the delay though.

If it's what they do on most other "live" shows, my guess would be 5-7 seconds.
Rush
9/18/08 9:06:56AM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by Rush

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, until people started to say that the results were on wiki before the fights started.
prozacnation1978
9/18/08 11:36:02AM
i know here i was gonna get prelim results and i almost stumble upon all the results instead
MMAcca
9/18/08 3:34:07PM
I know it ain't live, because i'm watching it now
WrestlersAssassin
9/18/08 4:12:56PM
Maybe I should explain it better, I got home at 8:30 mountain time and noticed that sherdog and the playground had all the spoilers as if it was an oversea show. PS the fight night should have started at 8 instead of all the fights being done already.
emfleek
9/18/08 4:21:28PM

Posted by WrestlersAssassin

Maybe I should explain it better, I got home at 8:30 mountain time and noticed that sherdog and the playground had all the spoilers as if it was an oversea show. PS the fight night should have started at 8 instead of all the fights being done already.

It *did* start at 8pm...Eastern Standard Time. I think that's 5pm Mountain Time?
mkiv9secsupra
9/18/08 5:32:02PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by Rush

ever since the "Janet Jackson incident" a while ago the FCC no longer allows anything to be truely live. Everything live from the US is delayed enough time to censor certain things like language, nudity etc..... of course we saw how accurate they are with this in the Nate Diaz post fight interview in the ring. They missed a whole lot of stuff there.
Pookie
9/18/08 6:26:10PM
you think with the delay they wouldnt have made so many mistakes early in the broadcast.

Anybody else here rogan say "yo yo yo, whats going on?" when the event went from them talking to the UFC 89 promo back to them in silence then back to commercials again
dannyfrank
9/18/08 7:32:53PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by DCRage

Posted by Rush

ever since the "Janet Jackson incident" a while ago the FCC no longer allows anything to be truely live. Everything live from the US is delayed enough time to censor certain things like language, nudity etc..... of course we saw how accurate they are with this in the Nate Diaz post fight interview in the ring. They missed a whole lot of stuff there.

haha! i know. what he said "mother f*cker" they bleeped out the "mother" and not the "f*cker"