Notebook: Diaz Calls Cung Le Incomplete

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Notebook: Diaz Calls Cung Le Incomplete
mentalcase
4/12/09 10:09:04PM
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- At just 25 years old, Nick Diaz has been a pro for seven years. He has battled bigger opponents regularly and won fans even in defeat. But there was no question who the better fighter was Saturday, with Frank Shamrock getting a potent dose of Diaz at his best in the main event of Strikeforce’s Showtime-televised card at the HP Pavilion.

Diaz outlanded Shamrock 129 to 42, cleverly working his range while peppering his foe with a mix of stiff punches and the occasional kick mixed in.

link
lildragonmvp
4/12/09 10:45:23PM
i hope babalu beats the **** out of tito ortiz
chitownsfinest15
4/13/09 12:11:09AM
thought the headline was about diaz calling out cubg lee? start a new topic about ortiz or better yet lets all forget him becasue by the time he comes back he won't be fighting anyone in their prime (Babalu) becasue he can't get the money he wants....
Twenty20Dollars
4/13/09 10:18:42AM
well of course Le is incomplete, do we know that he has a decent ground game or what? And only what like 6 pro fights.

I would like to see that fight, Diaz vs Le.
loller90278
4/13/09 1:39:05PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well of course Le is incomplete, do we know that he has a decent ground game or what? And only what like 6 pro fights.

I would like to see that fight, Diaz vs Le.

well, he did secure a triangle on channing tatum in the new movie "Fighting"
Drudinh
4/14/09 2:06:47AM
Yeah Diaz vs. Lee would be probably the best test of what would happen on the ground. I think if Diaz stands with him Cung will get the KO. But on the ground I'm unsure yet. I'd go with cung on this one IMO
Playground_Samurai
4/14/09 4:10:34AM
I think if these two did go at it, i'd pick Diaz. Cung's strength is his kicks. It wouldn't be too long before Nick grabbed hold of a leg and took the fight to the ground where he would completely outclass him. Either TKO by strikes on the ground or a submission.