NOTE: Super-heavyweight fight camp division being canned after this season

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Fight Camp Central » NOTE: Super-heavyweight fight camp division being canned after this season
DoTheMMAth
11/17/11 8:10:05PM
After this current season ends the super heavyweight division is going to be eliminated. Any camp that is in this division at the end of the season will be placed into the Heavyweight division. There simply aren't enough camps in the division to make it competitive, and as it is there's not a tremendous amount of competition at the Heavyweight division that they are going to be a part of (not talking about the skill level of competition, talking about the quantity of competition).
Budgellism
11/17/11 8:12:43PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

After this current season ends the super heavyweight division is going to be eliminated. Any camp that is in this division at the end of the season will be placed into the Heavyweight division. There simply aren't enough camps in the division to make it competitive, and as it is there's not a tremendous amount of competition at the Heavyweight division that they are going to be a part of (not talking about the skill level of competition, talking about the quantity of competition).

Shawn will love this. ECP, it's time to dominate HW now
FastKnockout
11/17/11 8:41:51PM
Here we come!
prophecy033
11/17/11 8:50:47PM
I'm all for it. I don't know if we will dominate but we sure as hell will try and give them a run for their money

And yes, Shawn will be oh so happy
Twenty20Dollars
11/17/11 11:04:32PM
Rabi
11/18/11 1:57:57AM
That means will always be the SHW champs as we will win the last season!
BlueSkiesBurn
11/18/11 4:42:52PM
Thank god Sabotage dropped to LHW
Shawn91111
11/18/11 6:04:38PM
Shawn91111
11/18/11 6:05:52PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Thank god Sabotage dropped to LHW

You're not really winning there either
emfleek
11/18/11 6:40:26PM
Wait...I think this is my queue, as camp leader, to whine about wagers playing too much of a role in determining camp rankings!

Budgellism
11/18/11 7:35:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Wait...I think this is my queue, as camp leader, to whine about wagers playing too much of a role in determining camp rankings!

I'll agree with that. It's the points that really matter in this thing.
pmoney
11/18/11 7:49:20PM
I agree about the camp rankings. Wagers should not factor in as much as it does.
emfleek
11/18/11 7:56:09PM
I wasn't being serious, guys.

Budgellism
11/18/11 9:29:38PM

Posted by emfleek

I wasn't being serious, guys.

Lol, I am. I've always considered the wagering part of the site just a bonus tbh. I might be alone in thinking that though.
KungFuMaster
11/19/11 12:23:02AM
I think I will have a beer.
ncordless
11/19/11 3:12:06AM
I think the wagers keep it interesting. Adds an element where camps can hit big and make a stir in the otherwise usually static rankings. It adds a whole other degree of difficulty, and can swing wildly, making for more action imo.

My camp would be benefit from dropping them from the camp calculation as much as anyone. We lost a season because of the importance of them. But I like the wagers the way they are now.
DoTheMMAth
11/19/11 10:32:23AM
If you don't like the wagers then you would probably be a benefit, especially if you're a good picker, by just not betting at all. Adding a few hundred bucks an event to the team's average is way better than losing money, which happens even if you're a careful better at times.

As it sits now, the wager's game makes up for 1/3 of the ranking criteria with your picks comprising the other 2/3. Additionally since making good picks also helps your fantasy bankroll, the picks aspect of the game bleeds over a bit so that in a way, the picks game accounts for >2/3 of the ranking criteria as it is.

It's sort of like the "Hot Bout" in that it's almost a necessary evil, there to help create a greater diversity of scoring.

Perhaps at some point we can change this though depending on the feedback we get. Maybe we could treat it the same way we treat the individual competition and have a top betting camp and a top points camp both rewarded.
Rabi
11/19/11 10:37:17AM
I love that aspect of the game, and like I said about the hot bout, why fix something that's not broken!
Poor_Franklin
11/19/11 1:17:30PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

If you don't like the wagers then you would probably be a benefit, especially if you're a good picker, by just not betting at all. Adding a few hundred bucks an event to the team's average is way better than losing money, which happens even if you're a careful better at times.

i wouldnt do it, but it never crossed my mind before. the camp as a whole would have a pretty solid balance after 10 events if they didnt make bets.

anyone know if an entire camp has ever tried this method before?
Pookie
11/24/11 2:04:48AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by DoTheMMAth

i wouldnt do it, but it never crossed my mind before. the camp as a whole would have a pretty solid balance after 10 events if they didnt make bets.

anyone know if an entire camp has ever tried this method before?

i can gurantee a camp hasn't.

Mathematically your team would have an average bankroll at the end of the season equal to the average win bonus on your camps picks.

Which probably would sit around 300. I don't think you could win an accolade through that method.
Pookie
11/24/11 2:08:38AM

Posted by Shawn91111