K.J. NOONS STRIPPED OF ELITE XC LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » K.J. NOONS STRIPPED OF ELITE XC LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE
Next Page »
babalu2720
9/19/08 10:36:05PM
LOS ANGELES (Sept. 19, 2008) – KJ Noons of San Diego has been stripped of his EliteXC lightweight title. The announcement was made Friday by EliteXC Head of Fight Operations, Jeremy Lappen.

The foremost reason EliteXC is taking this action, Lappen said, was due to Noons’ reluctance to defend against leading 160-pound contender Nick Diaz of Stockton, Calif.

“We are stripping KJ of his championship belt for refusing to defend against Diaz,’’ Lappen said. “It’s a very unfortunate situation but we cannot have belt-holders who refuse to fight the top contenders.We want champions who will fight anyone, anytime, anyplace.That’s the mentality all champions should have.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7153&zoneid=2
JoeySteel
9/19/08 10:38:19PM
Holy Smokes. I guess ole' Gary Shaw was watching UFC fight night and saw Nate Diaz call out them boys.

Put another one in the Nate Diaz win column. Josh Neer, Gary Shaw, whose next?
ufcboss
9/19/08 10:45:04PM
Hahahahahahahahaha, Punk!
Khaos
9/19/08 10:45:32PM
nickcuc547
9/19/08 10:46:48PM
good, i hope noons never fights again. best sound bite of the year was diaz calling him out, loved it.
MALICE
9/19/08 10:55:13PM
Poor decision making by Noons.

1st Who is he to decide who and when he will fight? I believe a true champion will fight whoever, whenever. Maybe once you make legendary status, you can ask for certain fights, but never refuse who the boss puts in front of you.

2nd The fight was ended on a stupid cut. A fight that Noons appeared to be winning up to that point. Why wouldn't he take the fight and put all doubt, that he is the champ, out of people's minds?

Stripped of the title because he refuses to fight. Why wouldn't he just fight? Doesn't make sense.
juanez13
9/19/08 11:01:33PM
Can't say I didnt see it coming
StriderXero
9/19/08 11:09:47PM
They should let Nick take a dump in KJ's shoes, as a bonus for refusing to fight Nick twice.

What would make me even happier would be watching KJ get KTFO.
Guess I have to watch the KJ vs Crazy Horse fight a couple more times.
casey64
9/19/08 11:30:05PM
Porch28
9/19/08 11:56:16PM
There is a God
Porch28
9/20/08 12:06:25AM
One more thing DEATH TO DION!!!!!!!!!!
prozacnation1978
9/20/08 12:10:57AM
what a coward!!
i don't see how noons even wants to fight still for elite xc i hope the ufc does not get him he needs to leard how to be a true champion
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/20/08 12:30:53AM
about time. I just hope nick diaz gets a chance to evenge that fight. something tells me kj will duck diaz till he dies.
Twenty20Dollars
9/20/08 12:35:33AM

glad this happened
telnights
9/20/08 1:07:32AM
Shocked this didn't happen sooner.
MMAcca
9/20/08 1:33:27AM
AT LAST
Pookie
9/20/08 1:33:28AM
Good riddance
Aaronno9
9/20/08 1:41:05AM
What was noons thinking? Hes going round telling everybody how soundly he beat diaz, then he refuses to fight him? I mean, i dont like Noons at all, but he actually looked good against nick, and id say he had a good chance of beating him again. Idiot. I hope he eventually mans up and fights diaz, and nick takes him to school.
McBee
9/20/08 1:51:21AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

what a coward!!
i don't see how noons even wants to fight still for elite xc i hope the ufc does not get him he needs to leard how to be a true champion

maybe Noons was banking on the UFC picking him up if EliteXC dumped him, interesting thought
coldchillin
9/20/08 2:47:47AM
perhaps EliteXC will put on a Nick Diaz-Eddie Alvarez fight at 160. That would be amazing or maybe even Nick Diaz-Shinya Aoki.
grappler0000
9/20/08 3:42:15AM

Posted by McBee

Posted by prozacnation1978

what a coward!!

maybe Noons was banking on the UFC picking him up if EliteXC dumped him, interesting thought

It's doubtful. The UFC isn't exactly hard up for LW/WW talent at the moment...not to mention, I don't think they'd be interested in someone who has held a championship belt hostage like he has.

Don't get me wrong; I think his timing had everything to do with the leverage that he had at the moment...but he'd be naive to think that the UFC would be the ones to notice.
Pookie
9/20/08 3:45:28AM

Posted by coldchillin

perhaps EliteXC will put on a Nick Diaz-Eddie Alvarez fight at 160. That would be amazing or maybe even Nick Diaz-Shinya Aoki.

I.... i think i just came.
StorminYourman
9/20/08 3:57:41AM
This is a disaster and KJ has been judged unfairly

JK

tell him to come back when he can find a pair
grappler0000
9/20/08 4:38:59AM

Posted by StorminYourman

This is a disaster and KJ has been judged unfairly

JK

tell him to come back when he can find a pair

lol...you had me for a second there.

Aether
9/20/08 5:44:48AM
wow, good job on committing career suicide. If he was hoping to make himself notorious or to get picked up by the UFC he's on some amazing drugs. No one knows his name except the hardcore fans who all now think of him as a coward who got stripped of his belt for ducking fights. Dana white is not going to want a guy fighting for him who is deciding who he will and won't fight after 2 fights in the organization and has no drawing power at all.

He'll be lucky if he gets used as a stepping stone in an undercard fight. They MIGHT pick him up just to use him as a stepping stone MAYBE.

This is completely f***ing mind-blowing. Mark Dion is a worthless parasite who needs to find a new line of work. KJ is going to regret his decision real fast.

backalley101
9/20/08 6:56:38AM
WOW Be a man and fight
sparky
9/20/08 10:21:37AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH About F***in time. KJ was being a little b*t*h by not fighting Nick Diaz, im glad to see gary shaw has come to his senses.
bullettdodger
9/20/08 12:18:32PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by coldchillin

I.... i think i just came.

GROOOOOOOOOSS.... but me too
tarantula
9/20/08 1:01:30PM
Nick Diaz vs. Crazy Horse Bennet would be a perfect interim title match. KJ never really had a carrer, just a lucky cut over Nick's eye in the first match.
The_Metal_Maniac
9/20/08 1:07:33PM
Elite XC is just about the biggest joke on earth. It's a close second to man thongs.
Pages: [1] 2