K.J. Noons returns to winning ways, eyes 2009 MMA return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » K.J. Noons returns to winning ways, eyes 2009 MMA return
MMAcca
11/15/08 1:30:55AM
Former EliteXC lightweight champion K.J. Noons had his hand raised in victory once again Thursday night.

Noons traded in the five-ounce gloves of MMA and the bright lights of Showtime for a pair of boxing mitts and the relative obscurity of the El Monte Expo Center in El Monte, Calif.

"It was actually a year and a half since the last time I got in a boxing ring," Noons told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Surprisingly, I was a little nervous. I fought in the main event on Showtime in front of millions and I wasn't nervous, but I was nervous in front of a little crowd here in East L.A."

Noons (7-2 MMA, 8-1 boxing) dropped his opponent, Alejandro Bogarin, twice in the six-round affair. In the end, Noons was forced to settle for a unanimous decision win.

LINK
Matimus
11/15/08 8:34:46AM
boo....ns
Khaos
11/15/08 11:02:20AM
I have a question, Who still cares about K.J. Noons? because I certainly don't.
gartface
11/15/08 7:27:33PM
I hope he comes back and makes a big splash next year in MMA.
jakeiceman
11/16/08 4:10:12AM
He can redeem himself. I know alot of people are hating on him for being a douche but the guy has alot of talent. The UFC would be wise to snatch him up but its not likely to happen.
Matimus
11/16/08 8:44:33AM
he'd get eaten up by mid level UFC talent