KJ Noons is ready for his Strikeforce return and a run at the lightweight title

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » KJ Noons is ready for his Strikeforce return and a run at the lightweight title
RhythmAndStyle
12/18/09 10:55:46AM
Former Elite XC lightweight champion and professional boxer KJ Noons checks in with MMAmania.com prior to the Dec. 19 "Evolution" event from the San Jose-based Strikeforce promotion. Noons competed five times as a boxer in 2009 racking up an impressive 4-1 record before agreeing to a return to mixed martial arts under the Strikeforce banner. The San Diego native will be paying close attention to the outcome of Saturday's Thomson vs. Melendez main event as he awaits his debut opponent for a 2010 card -- but also knows a rematch with Nick Diaz is somewhere in his future. Can "King Karl" continue to be a force in the world of cage fighting? Or has the "Evolution" of MMA left him running to catch up?

Link
jae_1833
12/18/09 4:02:00PM
I honestly hope he doesn't fight Diaz again, if Diaz losses to him again it would be quite embarrassing.
ncordless
12/18/09 4:08:50PM

Posted by jae_1833

I honestly hope he doesn't fight Diaz again, if Diaz losses to him again it would be quite embarrassing.

I doubt that Diaz will ever fight at Lightweight again.

Decent signing since they need some more LWs.