KJ Noons: Nick Diaz is a “trash-talking, pot-smoking chump.”

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » KJ Noons: Nick Diaz is a “trash-talking, pot-smoking chump.”
jae_1833
9/6/10 6:27:02PM
link “Nick’s good for entertainment, but I come from a family of fighters,” said Noons. “I started early, and I have respect for martial arts. It teaches you discipline, how to become a good person, and I feel that I am. On October 9th, I’m fighting a guy that, if I had a kid, I wouldn’t want him looking up to. He’s a trash-talking, pot-smoking chump.”

“I already got one up on Nick. I beat the crap out of the guy. He’s had a good run, and there’s a lot of build-up for this rematch. We’ve both improved, this is a different weight class now, he’s gotten better, I’ve gotten better…it’s a different situation. But at the end of the day, I’m a true mixed martial artist, I have respect for the sport, and I am a good role model,” the 27-year old striker continued.
tcunningham
9/6/10 7:59:10PM
hell yeah. i like noons even more now. and i dont think i could dislike either of the diaz bro's any more than i already do
BlueSkiesBurn
9/6/10 9:04:14PM
Is agreeing with Noons considered fighter bashing?
jae_1833
9/6/10 11:19:17PM
I doubt it.....but being a controversial individual with the skills to back up his eccentricities is exactly why I am a Diaz fan!
Pookie
9/7/10 1:17:03PM
I dont believe Pot smoking is worse for a "role-model" than taking inhalations of compressed oxygen mid-fight. Both were technically Legal, but one of them was done to get an edge on the other fighter. KJ noons a role-model is laughable. Talked super smack to Krazy horse, then lost. Threw 2-3 illegal punches against Gurgel. Ducked the Diaz rematch until he had no other options, and now he has a holier than thou attitude.

Pffffft.
kaduey
9/19/10 6:30:54PM
Eddie Bravo is a marijuana advocate. Does the make him a chump too? How about Joe Rogan?
Kpro
9/20/10 9:03:17PM
I'm surprised being from Hawaii, he made those comments about pot use. Doesn't that alienate half of Noons' fan base ?
gartface
9/21/10 8:42:40AM

Posted by Kpro

I'm surprised being from Hawaii, he made those comments about pot use. Doesn't that alienate half of Noons' fan base ?

If he would have called him an ice head, maybe.
PricklyPear
9/25/10 6:04:28PM
It appears most everyone here is smoking the same thing Nick is. KJ is an underdog to someone he's already completely outclassed. You are believers of hype. KJ will dominate again.
hate4thestate
9/28/10 2:30:44AM
He’s a trash-talking, pot-smoking chump that is gonna whip his ass. end of story.
AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST
9/29/10 1:51:39PM
I don't know about this fight except that its gonna be sick! I dont know if Diaz can win this though unless he can get him on the ground. Noons has better technique and power. But Diaz could definitely catch him with a bunch of punches or sub, just don't know how likely its gonna be.
LanceFreimuth
10/5/10 10:04:02PM
Can't wait for this. I'm amazed this fight ( as well as the Riggs rematch) didn't happen years ago.
PricklyPear
10/6/10 1:43:19PM
I still say if you're picking Nick in this fight, you either didn't see their first fight or are blinded by your love for Diaz.
Jackelope
10/6/10 1:47:03PM

Posted by PricklyPear

I still say if you're picking Nick in this fight, you either didn't see their first fight or are blinded by your love for Diaz.

Agreed, but that being said I do feel the dynamics have changed a little bit. Nick has really come into his eat bombs, throw lots of shots style. I think last time he was trying to take Noons down but this time he'll try to stand. By all means Noons should tool him up again but the dynamics have changed a little bit for sure.
PricklyPear
10/6/10 1:58:05PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by PricklyPear

Agreed, but that being said I do feel the dynamics have changed a little bit. Nick has really come into his eat bombs, throw lots of shots style. I think last time he was trying to take Noons down but this time he'll try to stand. By all means Noons should tool him up again but the dynamics have changed a little bit for sure.

Very accurate assessment.
LanceFreimuth
10/6/10 4:16:33PM

Posted by PricklyPear

The world seems to have forgotten about this fight. Somehow Nick Diaz has crawled into the Top 10 despite having never beaten a Top 10, and with his last loss being to a Top 40 lightweight......

If he manages to get past Noons, I wanna see the Riggs rematch next.