Noons a free Agent...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Noons a free Agent...
RhythmAndStyle
10/8/08 12:13:16PM
now that Noons a free agent..where do ya'll think he should go?..to me i would like to see Noons in Dream..wouldn't mind seein Noons vs JZ...
disorderlyvision
10/8/08 12:16:14PM
is it official that he is a free agent? do you have a source?

last i heard he was still under contract, he just got stripped of the title.
grappler0000
10/8/08 12:54:56PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Link
pv3Hpv3p
10/8/08 2:26:32PM
Dream would make the most sense to me... Lotta good LW's in there...

And wherever Mach Sakurai is fighting (WVR??)... I'd like to see that matchup... Or a Gomi matchup... Or Hansen... There's a ton of good fights for him out there...
tooly236
10/8/08 5:52:20PM
I have no ambition to watch him fight, I understand buisness is buisness but he could have made a big name for himself by fighting Diaz on prime time. I think he knows that he does not stand much of a chance in the rematch.
Naturaldisaster
10/8/08 7:22:19PM
If he wouldnt fight diaz, then i highly doubt he'd fight JZ, sakurai, Aoki, etc.
disorderlyvision
10/8/08 7:24:16PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by disorderlyvision

Link

that just backed up what i said. that he has only been stripped of the title and not let go by elite xc. elite xc said that he still has to fights on his contract.

kinda like when Randy tried to say he was "resigned"
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/8/08 10:25:40PM
i would like some 1 who trash talks like melvin guillard to knock his ass out .followed by getting his @ss kicked in a street fight by nick diaz . try boxing and get ktfo . finally , flip burgers for the rest of his life .
Naturaldisaster
10/8/08 10:30:45PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

i would like some 1 who trash talks like melvin guillard to knock his ass out .followed by getting his @ss kicked in a street fight by nick diaz . try boxing and get ktfo . finally , flip burgers for the rest of his life .

well crazy horse talks a bunch of trash and horse KO'd him! I have no respect for noons anymore. If your not gonna step up and fight someone then you might as well not even be a fighter.
fonduktoe
10/9/08 4:27:25AM
can't wait to never see him fight again
this guy is an f'in diva who should go back to community college and find a different career
last time i checked you can't bring a purse with you in a sanctioned cage fight
RhythmAndStyle
10/9/08 10:14:45AM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/noons-im-a-free-agent-14694
gartface
10/9/08 10:56:25AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

well crazy horse talks a bunch of trash and horse KO'd him! I have no respect for noons anymore. If your not gonna step up and fight someone then you might as well not even be a fighter.

He might make a bout the same amount of money that he's making for EliteXC right now flipping burgers.
I have respect for KJ, because at least, unlike Randy Couture, he's not making that much money, and as a champ he's wanting to get paid more than the competition that he's already beaten (Diaz, Edwards).
I don't know the whole situation with him turning down the fight with Eddie Alvarez, but if someone could provide a link, I'd appreciate it.
And personally I'd like to watch him go to WEC and see how he'd do against someone really well rounded like a Marcus Hicks or Jamie Varner.
disorderlyvision
10/9/08 10:57:24AM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/noons-im-a-free-agent-14694

sameone that was linked earlier that i replied to.

"KJ still has two more fights on his contract," Lappen said Monday. “I’m hoping we’ll work something out, but there’s really not much to work out. He’s still under contract with us.”

that quote is from the article. Noons is NOT (yet anyway) a free agent.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/9/08 9:42:42PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Naturaldisaster

He might make a bout the same amount of money that he's making for EliteXC right now flipping burgers.
I have respect for KJ, because at least, unlike Randy Couture, he's not making that much money, and as a champ he's wanting to get paid more than the competition that he's already beaten (Diaz, Edwards).
I don't know the whole situation with him turning down the fight with Eddie Alvarez, but if someone could provide a link, I'd appreciate it.
And personally I'd like to watch him go to WEC and see how he'd do against someone really well rounded like a Marcus Hicks or Jamie Varner.

Sponsorship alone from fighting on that cbs card would equal a year of burger flipping money . He never got offered a fight with eddie . He got offered a fight with diaz 3 times, everytime diaz got turned down he went and fought some 1 else . Nick fought 3 people since their fight whle kj fought one. kj said eddie was the number 1 contender. then he back tracked by saying he wasnt getting paid enough (yet he would fight eddie) . You dont see antonio silva complaining that kimbo is getting paid more then him because he understands marketing . imo kj will hold onto that diaz win for the rest of his life without giving nick a rematch. the man just wont let go of his 15 minutes of fame.
mach
10/10/08 12:01:55AM
Noons beat the shit out of Nick Diaz and made way less, then they offered him a rematch where he would STILL be making way less even as champion. There is a marketing component to it but the way EliteXC is handling this its pretty clear that they were just going to throw Diaz at Noons until Diaz finally won because they want him as champ.

I mean the fight for the vacant title is Diaz vs. Alvarez. Noons offered to fight Alvarez so...why not let them fight? Because people don't care about Noons ( I know I don't) but the guy still got a raw deal.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/10/08 1:47:28AM

Posted by mach

Noons beat the shit out of Nick Diaz and made way less, then they offered him a rematch where he would STILL be making way less even as champion. There is a marketing component to it but the way EliteXC is handling this its pretty clear that they were just going to throw Diaz at Noons until Diaz finally won because they want him as champ.

I mean the fight for the vacant title is Diaz vs. Alvarez. Noons offered to fight Alvarez so...why not let them fight? Because people don't care about Noons ( I know I don't) but the guy still got a raw deal.

gomi was " beating the shit out of " diaz and got gogo'd . What would you say if they stopped that fight due to cut , then gomi refused to give a rematch? Noons signed a 5 fight contract after the krazy horse loss which is why he made " way less then diaz " and would be making " way less " in a rematch . Nick was fresh off beating gomi and had more leverage negotiating a higher wage when he signed with elite xc then say kj getting ktfo by krazy horse. Sure noons offered to fight alverez , but he doesn't get to chose his fights. Nick deserved a rematch , the fans wanted to see it and elite offered it to kj many times. Diaz vs alverez is imo just a shot at kj for being a (insert bannable phrase) !!!!! The guy dug his own grave. I feel no sympathy .