KJ Noons ducking Nick Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » KJ Noons ducking Nick Diaz
chuteboxe75
2/20/08 6:32:34PM
Do you think that KJ is affraid to fight Nick Diaz again? Why has he refused a rematch with Diaz. Sure Yves had a great knockout in his last performance, but Nick lost due to a cut not because KJ tossed him a beating. Scar tissue is repaired and Nick would beat him down no doubt about it. KJ needs to step up and do the right thing.
Pookie
2/20/08 6:39:12PM
honestly i do think he is scared.

I don't say that really about any fighter, but hes acting like a coward. He won the fight by a factor that was truly out either fighters control. To refuse the rematch under those circumstances is crazy, unjust, cowardly, and should not be allowed. He did not beat him convincingly, nor has he proven that hes a fighter on his level. To purposely fight a step-down in competition so that he can preserve his championship as long as possible is not befitting of a champion, nor a man in general. I hope Yves knocks him out cold.
fedorwins1
2/20/08 6:46:22PM
I think it's kind of cowardly of Noons, he won by cut stoppage not KO or Sub. he should deserve a rematch like how Couture did against Belfort.
MALICE
2/20/08 6:56:34PM

Posted by Pookie

I don't say that really about any fighter, but hes acting like a coward. He won the fight by a factor that was truly out either fighters control. To refuse the rematch under those circumstances is crazy, unjust, cowardly, and should not be allowed. He did not beat him convincingly, nor has he proven that hes a fighter on his level. To purposely fight a step-down in competition so that he can preserve his championship as long as possible is not befitting of a champion, nor a man in general. I hope Yves knocks him out cold.

Especially to the last two lines!!!

No Props right now. Gotta spread the love. I'll get ya later.
loller90278
2/20/08 7:02:24PM
whether or not hes ducking nick or not, he still has a handful to deal with yves edwards, whom i think is just as big of a threat to kj as nick is.
MALICE
2/20/08 7:10:19PM

Posted by loller90278

whether or not hes ducking nick or not, he still has a handful to deal with yves edwards, whom i think is just as big of a threat to kj as nick is.

Definately, I can see Yves beating Noons any day.

There's a fight I need to add to my Dream Matches Diaz vs Edwards. That would be an insane match.
chuteboxe75
2/21/08 10:52:29AM
I agree that Noons is scared. Now he claims he needs to fight the best, and that Nick is not the best. I think that he hopes to have any easy time with Edwards, which he absolutely will not. Yves is game both on the feet and on the ground, as he displayed last weekend.
I hope that Yves wins and then we see a Diaz-Edwards war. That fight would be a spectacular display of skill in the cage. If Diaz wins that one, I hope KJ Noons has to beg for a rematch with Nick, and Nick tells him that he wants to fight the best and he's just not the best. That would be justified irony.
pv3Hpv3p
2/21/08 11:19:07AM

Posted by chuteboxe75

Do you think that KJ is affraid to fight Nick Diaz again? Why has he refused a rematch with Diaz. Sure Yves had a great knockout in his last performance, but Nick lost due to a cut not because KJ tossed him a beating. Scar tissue is repaired and Nick would beat him down no doubt about it. KJ needs to step up and do the right thing.

First off... I'm a huge Diaz fan... Have been since he came into the UFC all those years ago... And the guy has had some of the most entertaining fights, win or lose... Karo, Sanchez, Lawler, Gomi, etc...

With all that being said... He has not seemed like the same fighter lately... His fight with Aina (sp?) was rocky and could of gone either way, IMO, but I can attribute that to ring rust pretty easily... But to say that KJ didn't throw him a beating in their fight is rediculous... Not a Noons fan, but he was handing Nick his ass for the majority of that fight...

Now if we really think about it, Diaz has not done anything special since coming to EliteXC and IMO it would be in his and the orgs best interests to set up some easier fights for him, get him on a streak, and let the fans feel like he earned the championship... Throw him in with CrazyHorse, give him Berto or Joe Boxer... Then let him fight Noons again... As hard as it is for me to say, Diaz was never the champ and doesn't deserve an immediate rematch
chuteboxe75
2/21/08 12:24:33PM
You do have a point, Noons did make Diaz bleed in the first round. However, in looking at alot of the Nick Diaz fights, he strikes me as a Big Nog style of fighter where he takes some punishment in the first 5 to 10 minutes and then dominates to win the decision or KO/TKO/Sub. Probably not the best way to win, but it works for him.
I have no problem with Elite setting up some easier fights for him to get a streak going. Noons saying that Diazis not the best competition out there, when he beat him with a cut, not a decisive KO or Sub, leads me to belive that he might be affraid to fight him again based on what he experienced in the previous fight.
gartface
2/21/08 5:16:50PM

Posted by Pookie

How is KJ Noons cutting Nick Diaz out of KJ's control. I'll say he looked terrible when he did it, his stand up looks so damn awkward but he still cut Nick up...Just don't see how that is out of their hands.
Pookie
2/21/08 5:19:24PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

How is KJ Noons cutting Nick Diaz out of KJ's control. I'll say he looked terrible when he did it, his stand up looks so damn awkward but he still cut Nick up...Just don't see how that is out of their hands.

Punches that skim over the skin are the ones that cut.
BlazinSaddle
2/21/08 5:37:08PM
it wont matter if he is ducking diaz or not cus Yves is gonna do a spinning roundhouse kick on noons anyway

by the way its a shame people havnt been noticing yves as much until this win against berto, he has always been a top contender and its my belief he'll either stay with EliteXC for good or go back to the UFC and or WEC (wec is a better choice imo, he would annhilate varner)
chuteboxe75
2/21/08 6:33:41PM
Yves is awesome and I hope that roundhouse lands hard on Noons, then maybe he'll wish he took the Diaz fight. I'd love to see Diaz and Edwards go at it for the title.
slick781
2/21/08 8:01:02PM
Why would he fight him again? Noons absolutely man handled Diaz. Its not like it was close, and a freak cut stopped it. Did you not see Diaz' entire face? This was no Fedor vs whoeverthehellthatguywas where one shot opened a gaping cut. Noons punished Diaz.... to the point Diaz 100% does not deserve a rematch right away.
NatedawgThaM
2/22/08 1:43:14AM
Definitely IMO. Diaz repaired his scar tissue so the only way Noons can beat him on paper is gone. In a rematch now all he can pray for is some Gonzaga on CC or Serra on GSP Luck! So it's obvious he's ducking him.

But I think they will rematch soon. IMO Yves will absolutely kill him like Nick will his next opponent forcing the rematch if Noons wants to stay a top LW and prove it wasn't all lucky.

pv3Hpv3p
2/22/08 11:34:33AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by gartface

Posted by Pookie

Punches that skim over the skin are the ones that cut.

A knee to the face when you're diving in for a sloppy TD have been known to cause similar damage... lol