Noons-Diaz Rematch Unlikely, Other EXC Notes

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Noons-Diaz Rematch Unlikely, Other EXC Notes
DCRage
11/11/07 5:03:39PM
According to comments made last night by EXC President Gary Noons, he has no plans to make a Nick Diaz-KJ Noons title rematch, and mentioned Charles Bennett as a possible foe instead.

Article
TheLegend
11/11/07 5:27:34PM
Didn't Krazy Horse just lose? Give the shot to the guy that beat him.
DCRage
11/11/07 6:42:03PM
No, he won his last fight. 1st round submission win on 10/13.
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 6:52:29PM

Posted by DCRage

EXC President Gary Noons

Dude! That's being a fan right there.. Changing your last name to Noons overnight, because the kid won. Wow.. That's what I call loyal.
Naturaldisaster
11/11/07 7:56:29PM
thats bs! diaz deserves a rematch
TheLegend
11/11/07 8:07:02PM

Posted by DCRage

He's had a fight sonce the last I knew he had fought then, I wouldn't mind Krazy Horse KO'ing Noons again.
MixedMartialArts
11/11/07 8:07:48PM
In the future it will happen, Nick has some issues he should to deal with before he should even consider stepping into the cage.
Sam_Rothstein
11/11/07 8:09:08PM
yeah ofcourse he doesnt wanna have noons rematch diaz

Thats gary shaws bread and butter guy.

Why have him rematch diaz when he can try to make up for that knock out he suffered on his over hyped debut

I think its a bad move to have him rematch krazy horse still would not be a good idea for noons. Just because you have no idea which bennett will show up in the building that night

Sam_Rothstein
11/11/07 8:12:06PM

Posted by DCRage

I think he means he just lost his last fight in elite xc, the one against joe boxer in august
Twenty20Dollars
11/11/07 8:55:19PM
some rematches should just not happen unless its like for a title or if their first fight was an absolute war.
MaxOne
11/11/07 9:34:14PM
diaz will probably end up getting a rematch later...
ohiostate1016
11/12/07 12:03:58AM
How about KJ Noons vs. Kimbo? Do you think that Kimbo can make 160 though? If he can, then he'd beat everybody in the world at 160, including Noons. I want to see this fight made now!
CornishMMA
11/12/07 7:45:59AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

How about KJ Noons vs. Kimbo? Do you think that Kimbo can make 160 though? If he can, then he'd beat everybody in the world at 160, including Noons. I want to see this fight made now!

Its so weak if Krazy Horse gets the next shot, but having a win over the "champ" makes a case, anyway hasnt Noons beatn Joe Boxer who last beat Krazy Horse?

What next for Diaz then? who is there for him to fight in Elite XC???
Sam_Rothstein
11/12/07 11:40:45AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

you were joking right? there is absolutely no way kimbo could make 160.

I'd be surprised if he made 205
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/12/07 12:04:48PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

And in other posts you claim I don't know shit about MMA...
MMAnomale
11/12/07 2:18:15PM
What the hell is Ohio State 160 or whatever talking about: Kimbo at 160??????!!!!!!!He'd have to lose one-hundred pounds. Are you crazy?
Also, Nick should get a rematch w/ Noons, because the UFC would've let that fight continue for a little longer. Let them have a rematch and we'll see who the better fighter really is: Nick Diaz.
pharside
11/12/07 3:02:19PM
I'm not sure Nick is shape to fight anyone at this point. he looked slow and out of shape to me I think the guy rushed back too soon and should get back in shape before he fights again.
pv3Hpv3p
11/12/07 4:39:34PM
I think OhioState was just joking guys... We all know that Kimbo can't make 160, c'mon now...

As for the rematch... Diaz really has to pick his game up before any of that happens... I'm a huge Diaz fan, but his last two fights have been aweful... The Aina fight was a very very close decision that could have easily gone the other way... And as hard as it is for me to say, Noons absolutely dominated Nick last Sat... Good TD def against Nicks sloppy TD's... Vicious body shots, and generally owned the standup... No need for a rematch quite yet... IMO, they should let Diaz get back on track first...

Crazy Horse sounds like a decent rematch for KJ...
buckndro
11/12/07 5:07:39PM
i could see him getting another shot, diaz does need to train some more an get back on the game would be plenty time before rematch to or maybe throw another person too diaz first then get the shot i still like diaz an ref stoppage never good way to lose a fight
fullfighting
11/12/07 7:15:59PM
If you couldn't see that the Ohio State guy was joking you need to enroll in sarcasm 101. C'mon Canadians we expect more out of you guys and you're usually funny people.
Mayhem13
11/12/07 7:41:14PM
I think Horse vs Noons makes sense and then if Diaz gets another win...let him fight the winner