Noons to Diaz: "Bring My Belt..."

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Noons to Diaz: "Bring My Belt..."
emfleek
10/5/10 10:37:55AM
Just under three years ago when K.J. Noons defeated Nick Diaz to win the EliteXC lightweight title, it appeared the young Hawaiian was on his way to becoming one of the best fighters in his weight class. A contract dispute, a company implosion, and a return to boxing derailed that ascent, but now with Strikeforce, Noons is perched to make another run at becoming one of the best in the world.

Funny enough, the fight that could get him to that spot once again is a championship bout against Nick Diaz.

Now the Strikeforce welterweight champion, Diaz has established himself as one of the best fighters on the planet, but he hasn't forgotten that Noons was the last fighter to put a loss on his record.

LINK
Chael_Sonnen
10/5/10 11:01:44AM

Posted by emfleek

Just under three years ago when K.J. Noons defeated Nick Diaz to win the EliteXC lightweight title, it appeared the young Hawaiian was on his way to becoming one of the best fighters in his weight class. A contract dispute, a company implosion, and a return to boxing derailed that ascent, but now with Strikeforce, Noons is perched to make another run at becoming one of the best in the world.

Funny enough, the fight that could get him to that spot once again is a championship bout against Nick Diaz.

Now the Strikeforce welterweight champion, Diaz has established himself as one of the best fighters on the planet, but he hasn't forgotten that Noons was the last fighter to put a loss on his record.

LINK

Really jacked up for this fight...not a fan of either fighter, but I'm pulling for KJ to put Diaz to sleep.
gartface
10/5/10 11:17:46AM
I don't know what it is, but I'm a big fan of KJ's. Can't wait to see him cause another doctor's stoppage.
emfleek
10/5/10 11:26:41AM
Meh. I'm not a fan of either fighter but I'll be rooting for Diaz to submit Tom Cruise (and I think he will).
Jackelope
10/5/10 11:39:25AM
Since when is Nick Diaz "One of the best fighters on the planet" ?? I think Diaz must be sharing some of his stash with the writer of this article.

The guy gets matchups that are tailor made for him every time he fights. Once he fights a legitimate, established wrestler again let's talk greatest fighter on the planet. Once the

1) Implement unorthodox, sloppy boxing match
2) Rely on good chin and punches in bunches
3) Rely on good cardio
4) Rely on poor submission defense of opponents

gameplan goes up against a wrestler who has good submission defense (See: Almost half of the UFC's 170 lb weight class) this guy's hype is going to go out the window faster than Kimbo Slice's paycheck.

Defeating Sakurai on a loss streak does not make you one of the greatest in the world
Defeating an unproven prospect (13-3 btw) in Zaromskis does not make you one of the greatest in the world
Defeating 16-6 Scott Smith does not make you one of the greatest in the world
Defeating an old, 23-9 Frank Shamrock who all of a sudden thinks he's a striker does not make you one of the greatest in the world
Defeating Thomas Denny??????? (are you F'n serious??) 26-16 does not make you one of the greatest in the world

Nor does beating all of these men and these men alone over the past 2 years make you one of the greatest in the world. (I'm serious, look it up- those are his last 5 opponents ) Nick Diaz is IMO, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the single most overrated fighter in the world. He's good, but he is not, and I would bet my house on it, a p4p great like GSP or Anderson Silva. The last fighter he fought from a respectable camp was Gleison Tibau 4 years ago. Whom he probably had a 15" reach advantage on.

And I know all you Diaz lovers are going to jump all over me like he would no doubt do if I said the **** to his face (and believe me, he'd easily kick MY ass... I know) but let's take an honest, objective look at the situation. This guy is far from a p4p great. I like watching him fight and all of that, and he's a good fighter, but he's not a great.
emfleek
10/5/10 11:44:51AM

Posted by Jackelope

Since when is Nick Diaz "One of the best fighters on the planet" ?? I think Diaz must be sharing some of his stash with the writer of this article.

The guy gets matchups that are tailor made for him every time he fights. Once he fights a legitimate, established wrestler again let's talk greatest fighter on the planet. Once the

3) Rely on good cardio

gameplan goes up against a wrestler who has good submission defense (See: Almost half of the UFC's 170 lb weight class) this guy's hype is going to go out the window faster than Kimbo Slice's paycheck.

Defeating Sakurai on a loss streak does not make you one of the greatest in the world
Defeating an unproven prospect (13-3 btw) in Zaromskis does not make you one of the greatest in the world
Defeating an old, 23-9 Frank Shamrock who all of a sudden thinks he's a striker does not make you one of the greatest in the world
Defeating Thomas Denny??????? (are you F'n serious??) 26-16 does not make you one of the greatest in the world

Nor does beating all of these men and these men alone over the past 2 years make you one of the greatest in the world. (I'm serious, look it up- those are his last 5 opponents ) Nick Diaz is IMO, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the single most overrated fighter in the world. He's good, but he is not, and I would bet my house on it, a p4p great like GSP or Anderson Silva. The last fighter he fought from a respectable camp was Gleison Tibau 4 years ago. Whom he probably had a 15" reach advantage on.

And I know all you Diaz lovers are going to jump all over me like he would no doubt do if I said the **** to his face (and believe me, he'd easily kick MY ass... I know) but let's take an honest, objective look at the situation. This guy is far from a p4p great. I like watching him fight and all of that, and he's a good fighter, but he's not a great.

I'd give you 20 props for this if I could.
Bloodhound
10/5/10 2:54:14PM
Pulling for KJ to put Diaz to sleep, I Think KJ Keeps the fight standing and gives Diaz problems striking
grappler0000
10/5/10 2:54:22PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

3) Rely on good cardio

I'd give you 20 props for this if I could.

+1
grappler0000
10/5/10 2:58:10PM

Posted by Jackelope

What, you weren't impressed with Denny's performance on Bully Beatdown?

I feel so bad for the kid that got bullied...I think that was the only bully to ever take home all of the money.