Your Top 5 NON MMA Athletes of all time

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Your Top 5 NON MMA Athletes of all time
Next Page »
DiabloFreak56
9/1/08 1:34:47AM
1. Lawrence Taylor
2.Bo Jackson
3.Ken Griffey Jr.
4.Brett Favre
5.Michael Jordan
jiujitsufreak74
9/1/08 1:39:14AM
Joey Chestnut...END OF STORY
mikevolz
9/1/08 1:49:16AM
jonah lomu.

6'5 272 100 meter time of 10.8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYt1TOSni4E

CantAndleDaRiddum
9/1/08 1:49:54AM
jim brown
muhammad ali
jim thorpe
sugar ray robinson
michael jordan
JukeboxJim
9/1/08 2:11:51AM
Muhammad Ali
Wayne Gretzky
Michael Jordan
DiabloFreak56
9/1/08 2:22:18AM
my favorite players now are

1.osi umenyoria
2.Plaxico Burress
3.Ed Reed
4.Tracy Mcgrady
5.Chris Wells
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/1/08 2:58:16AM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

my favorite players now are

1.osi umenyoria
2.Plaxico Burress
3.Ed Reed
4.Tracy Mcgrady
5.Chris Wells

damn fav players now, i got a lot

romo
favre
kobe
lebron
tiger (only watch golf if he's playing)
d wade
chipper jones
urlacher
tim tebow (not a gator fan)
ed reed
devin hester
Jimbo
9/1/08 3:50:32AM

Posted by mikevolz

jonah lomu.

6'5 272 100 meter time of 10.8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYt1TOSni4E

good answer, this guy was such a beast, i remember playing a really old rugby game called Jonah Lomu Rugby. He was way bigger and faster than everyone else playing and you couldnt tackle him. needless to say if you were playing against New Zealand it sucked balls.
Aaronno9
9/1/08 8:05:09AM
Wayne Gretzky
Ali
Pele
Alan Shearer
Mario Lemieux
Rush
9/1/08 9:44:56AM
Not that my list would be any different if it included MMA fighters, but

In no order

Birgit Fischer
Lance Armstrong
Michael Phelps
Aleksander Karelin
Terry Fox
Taylor8766
9/1/08 10:08:00AM
1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux
DoTheMMAth
9/1/08 11:23:11AM
Mike Tyson
Jordan
Cal Ripken Jr
Bo Jackson
Gretzky
grappler0000
9/1/08 12:06:04PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Mike Tyson
Jordan
Cal Ripken Jr
Bo Jackson
Gretzky

I bet you were a fan of the ProStars cartoon back in the day.
DJDark41
9/1/08 12:20:59PM

Posted by Taylor8766

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux

Sidney Crosby can't, and never will touch Super Mario. And your obviously a new NHL fanboy if you even think that. Crosby may go down as the best player of the new NHL, where its all about scoring, but the way guys like Gretzky, Lemieux, LaFleur, Dionne and Howe scored back in the day where you could jump on a guys back and shove your stick up his jersey and water ski behind the guy, was absolutely phenominal.

And if you want to talk pure atheletes in hockey... Pavel Bure. The man was 100% deserving of his nickname of the "Russian Rocket."
iwannabesedated
9/1/08 12:38:25PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Taylor8766

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux

Sidney Crosby can't, and never will touch Super Mario. And your obviously a new NHL fanboy if you even think that. Crosby may go down as the best player of the new NHL, where its all about scoring, but the way guys like Gretzky, Lemieux, LaFleur, Dionne and Howe scored back in the day where you could jump on a guys back and shove your stick up his jersey and water ski behind the guy, was absolutely phenominal.

And if you want to talk pure atheletes in hockey... Pavel Bure. The man was 100% deserving of his nickname of the "Russian Rocket."

I mean all the kid said was the Crosby is one of his faves..and you as always bash on Crosby he didnt say anything about Mario..And then you go off with your must be a "new" Fanboy crap just because he likes Sidney Crosby...i seriously you doubt you have any friends and if you do they're probably imaginary.
mikevolz
9/1/08 2:30:26PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Taylor8766

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux

theres some guy named ovechkin you should look up.
balack_o-bama
9/1/08 3:26:58PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Taylor8766

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux

I dont tihnk he said anything like that. So keep arguing with yourself.
AND FYI- Crosby and Malkin = The next Mario and Jagr.

My favs:

Entire Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team. Especially GINO, Sid, Fluery, Ryan Whitney (since he bought me a beer)....gino is Evgeni Malkin if ya didnt know.

Randy Moss
Steve Nash
Patrick Roy
Petr Forsberg

mrkennedy
9/1/08 6:25:30PM
1.Mike Komisarek
2.Greg Jennings
3.Lucian Bute
4.Wayne Gretzky
5.Sean Avery

Mhunt1140
9/1/08 7:59:23PM
1) Tiger Woods
2) Michael Phelps
3) Michael Jordan
4) Tom Brady
5) Usain Bolt

As for my favorites, they would be
Tom Brady
Mariano Rivera
Jeter
Farve
Kobe
Wolfenstein
9/1/08 10:42:49PM
1 -Ernesto Hoost
2- Mike Tyson
3- Barry Sanders
4-Ray Lewis
5- Marcello Garcia
superfan
9/2/08 12:24:28AM
1.Joe Sakic
2.Peyton Manning
3.Wayne Gretzky
4.Patrick Roy
5.Brett Farve
Kracker_Jap
9/2/08 12:29:23AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

jim brown
muhammad ali
jim thorpe
sugar ray robinson
michael jordan

Interesting tid nit is my last name is Thorpe and my grandfathers brother was named Jim......

But my Thorpe side is the Krackerside
Mchubb316
9/2/08 1:09:26AM
Lance Armstrong
Bo Jackson
Jordan
Jim Brown
Jim Thorpe
JukeboxJim
9/2/08 2:20:44AM

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Taylor8766

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux

For real. As awesome as Bure was, and he was, Ovechkin's better. Maybe he's not as flashy or as fast, but he's overall a far better player.
DJDark41
9/2/08 10:35:27AM

Posted by JukeboxJim

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Taylor8766

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux

For real. As awesome as Bure was, and he was, Ovechkin's better. Maybe he's not as flashy or as fast, but he's overall a far better player.

If Bure didn't have such bad injury problems, I have no doubt that he would've gone down as the best pure goal scorer, and probably finished 3rd or 4th on the all time goal scoring list.

And 40oz, I'm done with you. Your head is so far up Crosby's youknowwhat, your probably chatting with everyone who tried to talk about hockey on ESPN not named Barry Melrose. Your never going to see that Crosby IS NOT the best player in the NHL, And just because someone has a different opinion, and gets upset when people always just say CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY OMFG HE ISH GODZ! Makes you attack me personally, because someone refuses to believe what a large majority of "hockey fans" believe. But you've always gotta throw your two cents in as soon as I even mention that I don't think Crosby is the best player around. I disliked and disproved of people calling Crosby the best player in the NHL after his first season in the league, before we actually got beat by Pittsburgh on a consistent basis. So unless your actually going to come and talk to me, and explain why Crosby is the best, or actually add something to the conversation we are having, then just shut up, and go away. Maybe you can't resist the temptation of seeing my name making a post and coming in to try and flame me? Just on the off chance I might have mentioned hockey so you can make a needless post about how I hate Crosby because he's the greatest ever and my team can't beat him. So, unless your actually going to talk about it, rather then just tell me I'm jealous and a sore loser that my team didn't blow enough for 5 years to pick up two great players in the draft, just leave me alone.

Have a nice day.
iwannabesedated
9/2/08 12:44:14PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by JukeboxJim

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Taylor8766

1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Brett Favre
3. Muhammad Ali
4. Sidney Crosby
5. Mario Lemieux

If Bure didn't have such bad injury problems, I have no doubt that he would've gone down as the best pure goal scorer, and probably finished 3rd or 4th on the all time goal scoring list.

And 40oz, I'm done with you. Your head is so far up Crosby's youknowwhat, your probably chatting with everyone who tried to talk about hockey on ESPN not named Barry Melrose. Your never going to see that Crosby IS NOT the best player in the NHL, And just because someone has a different opinion, and gets upset when people always just say CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY OMFG HE ISH GODZ! Makes you attack me personally, because someone refuses to believe what a large majority of "hockey fans" believe. But you've always gotta throw your two cents in as soon as I even mention that I don't think Crosby is the best player around. I disliked and disproved of people calling Crosby the best player in the NHL after his first season in the league, before we actually got beat by Pittsburgh on a consistent basis. So unless your actually going to come and talk to me, and explain why Crosby is the best, or actually add something to the conversation we are having, then just shut up, and go away. Maybe you can't resist the temptation of seeing my name making a post and coming in to try and flame me? Just on the off chance I might have mentioned hockey so you can make a needless post about how I hate Crosby because he's the greatest ever and my team can't beat him. So, unless your actually going to talk about it, rather then just tell me I'm jealous and a sore loser that my team didn't blow enough for 5 years to pick up two great players in the draft, just leave me alone.

Have a nice day.

I never said Crosby was the best and neither did the kid you originally quoted and called an espn noob.So maybe you should you learn to comprehend reading before attacking someone for their post.

DJDark41
9/2/08 2:55:18PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I never said Crosby was the best and neither did the kid you originally quoted and called an espn noob.So maybe you should you learn to comprehend reading before attacking someone for their post.

I was pointing out the fact that he put Crosby over Lemieux, which shouldn't be. Not only will Crosby never touch Lemieux's point totals, but Lemieux did it despite all of his medical issues. And 90% of the people who talk hockey on this site, its just all Crosby, with the occasional intelligent people who recognize that Ovechkin is head and shoulders the best player in the NHL. Keep lying to yourself about not saying Sidney Crys-by is the best, cause you sure as hell defend him every time I mention that I don't think he's the best.
Aaronno9
9/2/08 3:06:28PM

Posted by DJDark41

I was pointing out the fact that he put Crosby over Lemieux, which shouldn't be. Not only will Crosby never touch Lemieux's point totals, but Lemieux did it despite all of his medical issues. And 90% of the people who talk hockey on this site, its just all Crosby, with the occasional intelligent people who recognize that Ovechkin is head and shoulders the best player in the NHL. Keep lying to yourself about not saying Sidney Crys-by is the best, cause you sure as hell defend him every time I mention that I don't think he's the best.

Mabeys if you didnt post you dont think hes the best on every single hockey topic that comes up 40oz wouldnt have to defend him.....
iwannabesedated
9/2/08 3:12:03PM

Posted by DJDark41

Its his list..He can put whoever wants where he wants.while I agree i dont think Crosby will touch Marios Numbers and No One will touch Gretzkys.After getting to Watch Hossa play with us last season i think hes a few levels above Crosby.But like i said before Crosby and Malkin are almost a decade younger than guys like Datsyuk,Zetterberg,Thornton,and Hossa,over time they will become great 2 way players and win some championships..And the fact you bash Sid every chance you can and i defend him..well he is the captain of my local team...you expect me to just let it go unnoticed.I mean its kinda chilidish if you ask me..i dont come on here and bash on any NYR's or any player for that matter...
nastshabast
9/2/08 3:20:41PM
Ok dummies, nasty will bite.

If Sid played from 1980 - 2000 he would have crushed every record anyone else had ever set, unless 8 from the Caps was playin the he'd be second in gino's.

Ovechkin is the best, but Sids smarter, so that makes him the best.
Pages: [1] 2