Which non-fighters would you have in a UFC hall of fame?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which non-fighters would you have in a UFC hall of fame?
fullerene
3/24/08 11:06:07AM
Some sports have places in their hall-of-fames for coaches, broadcasters, writers, etc. who had great influence on the sport without actually participating as athletes.

If the UFC did something similar, who do you think would belong there? A few names to start the discussion:

Rorion Gracie (technically an nhb competitor pre-UFC)
Dave Meltzer
Eddie Goldman
Dana White
Joe Silva
Big John McCarthy
grappler0000
3/24/08 11:14:05AM
Rich Goins........Goins

J/K, BJM for sure though
bullettdodger
3/24/08 11:32:17AM
What about the cut men, Stitch and the older black gentleman; both of whom are regular fixtures at UFC events. They take care of the fighters and what more paramount a task is there?
cowcatcher
3/24/08 12:21:47PM
i think bruce buffer deserves some consideration here as well, hes been with the ufc forever, and is "the voice of the octagon".
Daddyprimetime
3/24/08 12:46:00PM
Big John hands down. He was there for years. He deserves it as much as any fighter.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/24/08 1:27:50PM
Joe Rogan
AchillesHeel
3/24/08 1:29:11PM
My feeling about Halls of Fame in general is that people need to be retired to be eligible. So right now, I would only vote for Big John, but I think Dana White is a no-brainer once he's out of the business.
Rush
3/24/08 1:49:01PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

My feeling about Halls of Fame in general is that people need to be retired to be eligible. So right now, I would only vote for Big John, but I think Dana White is a no-brainer once he's out of the business.

Agreed. I think you have to be retired for 4 years before you are eligible for the hockey hall of fame.
kevietre
3/24/08 4:56:53PM
Good Question. Not to sure I like the choice of Jacob "Stich" Doran.
Buffer is another good selection.

If I had to pick I would go with Mark Dellagrotte or maybe Mark Laimon even though I hate Laimon he contributes to the UFC.
SpiderSilva
3/24/08 5:47:49PM
um what about ring girl Arioni she has been around a while and is the best of the best she can stick it out.
gartface
3/24/08 8:08:08PM
Michael Bisping would definitely vote Cecil Peoples in.
koopa
3/24/08 8:24:45PM
Greg Jackson maybe?
AchillesHeel
3/24/08 8:38:07PM

Posted by koopa

Greg Jackson maybe?

I could see it happening, but not for a while. Likewise, Pat Miletich would be a no-brainer, just on the strength of his coaching career.
bls1919
3/24/08 11:07:51PM
first off i would say "Stitch" Duran. This man is amazing at stopping blood flow. then i would have to say Joe Rogan. I will probably get flamed for it but i think he is very Knowlegable(sp) and very funny(outside of the UFC and IN) other than that IDK or cant think of any. maybe Bruce Buffer....ahahahahahaha

EDIT: i though Big John was inducted the same night he reitred or am i retarded?????
The_Ho_Bag
3/24/08 11:13:44PM
mike Goldberg =]
bls1919
3/24/08 11:35:35PM
you bring up a good point though. I think the UFC should get rid of Goldberg. Hes alway screwing up the names of moves and submissions. And does he always look 3/4 trashed to anyone else?!?!?!
Mayhem13
3/24/08 11:50:27PM
the Fertitas brothers should get in... (those are the only ones i didnt see mentioned I would add)
WhiteWidow
3/25/08 2:23:10AM
cecil peoples, for most times screwing over fighters in MMA history
fullerene
3/25/08 7:46:42AM
Some good choices so far. I thunk Duran, Buffer and Rogan definitely make it. A few names I haven't heard yet:

Jeff Blatnick (announcer)
Helio Gracie (trainer)
Carlson Gracie (trainer)
Matt Hume (trainer)
Kid Peligro (writer)
Art Davie (promoter)
John Peretti (matchmaker) (I hated him, but he could be considered)
Marc Ratner (NSAC commisioner when UFC was sanctioned; now UFC management)