Noh Canada ......until 2008

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Noh Canada ......until 2008
Next Page »
nastshabast
7/8/07 6:36:00PM
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn/news_story/?ID=213092&hubname=

copy and paste i guess....sorry
Vietnamese_Guy
7/8/07 7:04:18PM
he's blaming hockey? wow dana, you wonder why people hate your guts.

He should have looked at the canadian's hockey schedule and planned accordingly, No rational buisnessman will sacrifice a sure thing like hockey for a risky venture (in their eyes) like UFC. Also, the NHL's season is predetermined, so dana get on the ball.

goddamn excuses
Canadian_MM_EH
7/8/07 7:05:56PM
italianpride
7/8/07 7:48:16PM
What's with this guy and premature announcements?? He comes across as the most amateur businessman to make an impact in the last 25 years.
italianpride
7/8/07 7:50:11PM
"You guys have got too much frigging hockey up there," he told a Canadian reporter at the post-fight news conference. "As soon as you cancel some hockey games, we'll be up there."

Is this guy a moron?? 41 or 42 Home games, the same AS EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA AND NHL!!!!! Lol this guy is sad.
KingKash
7/8/07 8:55:17PM
This is a joke. Dana is a joke. To use hockey as an excuse for there being no event in montreal is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He has to strat too get his crap in order. Dana has got to be the biggest joke in MMA as of late with all of the things he has said and done.
DevonFoxy
7/8/07 9:45:23PM
yea dana is a joke.....hes just an incredibly successful businessman which brought the UFC to were it is today which is what your watching. lol yea he must be a real retard and a joke seeing everyone is buying the PPVs and buying from the stores. yea i think hes a real joke and an idiot too.
t-dizzle
7/8/07 11:27:08PM

Posted by nastshabast

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn/news_story/?ID=213092&hubname=

copy and paste i guess....sorry

whoa....Dana is sure to make new fans with crap like this

"As soon as you cancel some hockey games, we'll be up there."

cmill21
7/9/07 12:37:57AM
Ok so theres 2 hockey games a week at MOST, UFC is always on saturdays, well the canadians will be in toronto in the first 3 months of the season 4 times on saturday night lol. So he's got 4+ weeks he can do it...not really getting this whole thing dana wants world domination? If he keeps doing this shit he'll start to get in trouble. Tell England to cancel some soccer games, oh wait you found a way around that...
italianpride
7/9/07 1:41:29AM

Posted by KingKash

This is a joke. Dana is a joke. To use hockey as an excuse for there being no event in montreal is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He has to strat too get his crap in order. Dana has got to be the biggest joke in MMA as of late with all of the things he has said and done.

I think that post was a joke. First of all it was the Fertittas bankroll that made UFC what it is today, Dana White's vision was SpikeTv, WOW, it's not even an elite cable channel. As for this topic, what you refused to comment on, because you have nothing to say, making statements like "Cancel some hockey games" is pure ignorance, the NHL schedule has been the same for what 25 years?? This year they threw in a loophole where the Canadiens play 60 home games??? There's no Saturdays where they aren't in Toronto as previously mentioned??? Lately Dana White is running his mouth too much and embarassing himself, scheduling Shogun vs Machida only further proves his and Silva's arrogance.
Eazee_E
7/9/07 1:52:11AM
I can't believe how eager he is to make announcements before they are in writing. Canada, Wanderlei coming to UFC 61, HBO deal. Keep it in your pants man, brag about it after you have it in writing. You look ridiculous having to go back on all of these things.
italianpride
7/9/07 5:01:03AM

Posted by Eazee_E

I can't believe how eager he is to make announcements before they are in writing. Canada, Wanderlei coming to UFC 61, HBO deal. Keep it in your pants man, brag about it after you have it in writing. You look ridiculous having to go back on all of these things.

Lol exactly...not to mention the UFC vs PRIDE supershow that will never happen because he fears PRIDE's talent and is taking all of their fighters.
italianpride
7/9/07 1:28:33PM
Sorry Kash I quoted the wrong damn post lol I meant to quote the guy who was defending Dana my bad homie
DevonFoxy
7/9/07 1:42:50PM
Do u watch the UFC? Then im pretty sure hes doing a good job. Is ESPN covering UFC? Then im pretty sure hes doing his job. Hockey is dead its over it got out beat by a cooking network show. I would say cancel hockey too. UFC would generate more more then a hockey game no matter who was in the game I'm srry its true tho. I just think its easy to bash the guy for this and that but hes doing what he can to expand the UFC to make it sumthing more and to grow the fan base. Sure he writes checks his butt cant cash sumtimes but if u cant respect the man for trying to build MMA into a world wide extravaganza and sport that everyone wants to see then you would have to reevaluate yourself.
Eazee_E
7/9/07 2:21:26PM
I never will question whether he's doing a good job, I was just pointing out a couple of things that bother me. The fact is he has taken MMA to another level, and hopefully it will go even higher. I laugh seeing the Sherdoggers posts that say "Dana is killing MMA" "Is Dana good for MMA?". Please.

I don't think other people were comparing the UFC to NHL. Right now there is no comparision. It's just the ignorance or set of balls that he has to think that "as soon as you guys cancel some hockey games, we'll be up there". Huh??? Way to endear yourself to fans you are trying to market towards, treat their national pasttime like its a Little League game.

Vietnamese_Guy
7/9/07 3:13:37PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Do u watch the UFC? Then im pretty sure hes doing a good job. Is ESPN covering UFC? Then im pretty sure hes doing his job. Hockey is dead its over it got out beat by a cooking network show. I would say cancel hockey too. UFC would generate more more then a hockey game no matter who was in the game I'm srry its true tho. I just think its easy to bash the guy for this and that but hes doing what he can to expand the UFC to make it sumthing more and to grow the fan base. Sure he writes checks his butt cant cash sumtimes but if u cant respect the man for trying to build MMA into a world wide extravaganza and sport that everyone wants to see then you would have to reevaluate yourself.

wow

look man i don't like hockey, but canadians take hockey VERY seriously, especially a city who holds the most stanley cup wins in the entire NHL. Dana White AND you apparently are ignorant of the importance of hockey, i think you're just here to defend your loverboy white because there is NO excuse for not making sure that there are no hockey games on the day he set for his UFC event. He ****** up, get over it.

it is canada's national sport, generating millions and millions more than MMA. Now if YOU were a buisnessman, would you cancel a sure revenue generating hockey game for a large MMA event that has never appeared in Canada?
DevonFoxy
7/9/07 3:15:26PM
Your right dude u win Dana is an idiot he has no reason to live and is a horrible representative for the UFC. Im not here to fight with anyone so u win
Vietnamese_Guy
7/9/07 3:20:51PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Your right dude u win Dana is an idiot he has no reason to live and is a horrible representative for the UFC. Im not here to fight with anyone so u win

thanks for that intelligent reply, i am sure your husband would be proud of you
Taylor8766
7/9/07 3:38:07PM
You know what that is total bullshit I think that the UFC can go to so many different places in Canada besides Montreal, like Toronto or Calgary, but the only reason that they want it in Montreal is because of GSP, now don't get me wrong I love GSP but he would be happy to fight anywhere in Canada.
KingKash
7/9/07 5:59:06PM

I think that there are alot of other places that could hold a UFC card, but I do not think that Ontario sanctions MMA events. I am not sure if that is true or not, but that is what i have heard and if that is true then Toronto is out, but that still leaves the UFC with a plethera of other choices.
aznteabagger
7/9/07 7:37:15PM
you know you are a special kind of stupid when...

you tried scratching your back with a rake

You push the "In Case of Emergency" button at a community center thinking its a big red light switch

You and your friends start a fire in the ravine and firemen come

You got into a real fight because of 10 dollars in Monopoly

and finally...

hockey schedule is the #1 reason why you cant bring mma north
akhillez
7/10/07 12:20:28AM
MMA is banned in Ontario, and this will remain the case for a few years at least. The UFC was suppose to come to Canada this past April, and probably would have came here in the summer if GSP had beat Serra. As it is, Dana is a complete fool for his hockey comments and he is losing out on potential revenue if he does not come to Canada. The sooner the UFC gets here the better it is for those of us in Ontario hoping to see MMA legalized. I hope GSP takes him to task for his decision to not come here until 2008, preferably with a spinning back kick
Vietnamese_Guy
7/10/07 1:06:44AM

Posted by aznteabagger

You push the "In Case of Emergency" button at a community center thinking its a big red light switch

and finally...

HAHAHA

its funny because i know when all of this happened
aznteabagger
7/10/07 1:27:04PM

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

Posted by aznteabagger

and finally...

HAHAHA

its funny because i know when all of this happened

exactly
TOMMYAYO05
7/11/07 3:05:23AM
Yea dana is really unprofessional but i can personally careless if it goes to canada im from the u.s so what do we care.
mmadb
7/11/07 10:37:39AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Hockey is only dead in the U.S. In Canada MMA is the needle and Hockey is the haystack. To put in in perspective for you, it's 100 degrees outside and the middle of the summer and still all they talk about on the radio is hockey.
italianpride
7/11/07 1:45:03PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I think you should reevaluate yourself and research topics before you speak on them, because to think any professional sport that has a date already set by an established league (it just so happens the NHL is more popular in Canada then any other pro sport, let a lone the UFC genius) will be cancelled for a first time event of its kind is ignorance, something Dana and all his loyalists (DevonFoxy? lol) display to the fullest.
DevonFoxy
7/11/07 1:57:36PM
dude like seriously u have sum problems. All I'm saying is Dana White deserves more credit then people on this topic are giving him. They are saying hes a "moron" and that he is a "joke". You must be incompetent seeing he and Zuffa have made the UFC from not even being on PPV to what it is today yea he maybe says stuff he shouldn't but at the same time he puts on a product u watch apparently and everyone else which commented on him being a moron is watching. Its ridiculous how people have to find something wrong with everything the man does and complain about it. Get over it. I'm done on this topic I'm not gonna flame this it's a waste of time.You win how about that. but honestly if u think Dana white is a moron and a joke then dont watch the UFC, it would solve everything. Sorry if i think its dumb to be like "hes an idiot hes so dumb......im gonna go watch his ppv that he helped put together...."
italianpride
7/11/07 8:26:08PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Sorry if i think its dumb to be like "hes an idiot hes so dumb......im gonna go watch his ppv that he helped put together...."

Lol you're kidding me right?? Do you think I watch the UFC because of Dana White?? Did it ever occur to you I love the sport of mma, and I love watching the umm what are those guys oh yeah TALENT!!! I loved watching PRIDE a lot more, and I didn't watch it because of Takada and Sakikabara so I think you should get off Dana's horse, ZUFFA made UFC what it is today?? How about the talent??? It was a matter of time before the public embraced mma and got their heads out of their asses I'm sorry but SpikeTV and a bunch of amateurs that would never make it in PRIDE as an announcer don't have me interested in the UFC, and neither does a guy who can't live up to one of his promises and runs his mouth and carries himself like an ignorant fool. I watch it for the talent, learn to do the same.
TOMMYAYO05
7/11/07 9:39:25PM

dude like seriously u have sum problems. All I'm saying is Dana White deserves more credit then people on this topic are giving him. They are saying hes a "moron" and that he is a "joke". You must be incompetent seeing he and Zuffa have made the UFC from not even being on PPV to what it is today yea he maybe says stuff he shouldn't but at the same time he puts on a product u watch apparently and everyone else which commented on him being a moron is watching. Its ridiculous how people have to find something wrong with everything the man does and complain about it. Get over it. I'm done on this topic I'm not gonna flame this it's a waste of time.You win how about that. but honestly if u think Dana white is a moron and a joke then dont watch the UFC, it would solve everything. Sorry if i think its dumb to be like "hes an idiot hes so dumb......im gonna go watch his ppv that he helped put together...."
Pages: [1] 2