Nogueira MUST WIN!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nogueira MUST WIN!
Next Page »
Purge
1/26/08 10:53:22AM
on mmajunkie.com it's been confirmed that Sylvia will use the same safety first style.

If Sylvia wins we'll go back to the boring HW year that was 2006.
Boo_Radley21
1/26/08 11:35:42AM
Nog's last fight was pretty boring too IMO.
npayant
1/26/08 11:59:41AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Nog's last fight was pretty boring too IMO.

The only part that wasn't boring was the first round where he almost lost it!!
nickcuc547
1/26/08 12:07:54PM
nog herring was boring, and while i hope nog wins, i think tim will knock him off, been saying it for months.
tepid55
1/26/08 1:55:03PM
Nogueira will win in a similar fashion to Couture.
fedorwins1
1/26/08 2:16:05PM

Posted by tepid55

That's how I think it will go down also. Nog will tool him on the ground the whole fight.
loller90278
1/26/08 2:45:08PM
heres the part that gets me laughing everyday imaging it..

remember dana wants 7 rounds for championship fights..

and what if tim sylvia wins

that means werdum is the next matchup for tim sylvia..

werdum - sylvia - 7 rounds.

Mastodon2
1/26/08 2:50:36PM

Posted by loller90278

Yep that will come around to bite Dana on the arse for sure!
loonytnt
1/26/08 3:08:50PM
most of tims fights dont go all round, think back on all his fights

id have to say 70% dont go all rounds
stock
1/26/08 4:44:53PM
I don't think Nog has had a fight I would consider exciting since he beat Cro Cop back in 2003.
NineDuce
1/26/08 5:04:46PM
well whoever thinks nog will have a problem with tim's reach didnt see the schilt fight, and in my opinion schilt is a better striker, i wont count tim out i dont think hes boring just tends to grind out a decision on occasion but i think this fight goes similar to couture/sylvia in that nog takes it down and sub's him or takes a 5 round decision, tim could very well knock him out if herring almost did but nog probably wont make the mistake of trading with sylvia reach or maybe hes gonna take a page outta his book at KO tim in the first, nog has underrated hands but should will most definatly get a sub in the 2nd or 3rd
Pride-Fighter
1/26/08 5:34:42PM
Nog has him standing and on the ground IMO. Nog by sub.
loller90278
1/26/08 5:41:30PM

Posted by stock

I don't think Nog has had a fight I would consider exciting since he beat Cro Cop back in 2003.

you didn't like barnett I or II ?

those were good fights..
whardin19
1/26/08 5:55:15PM
Tim is gonna take Nog in my opinion. Nog looked like crap against Herring and hasn't had a fight in between to prove to us that, that wasn't a fluke. Tim on the other hand has had a fight with Vera where he looked damn good! So I'm putting my money on Tim winning this fight.
mikevolz
1/26/08 6:00:14PM
i am finally happy that we get to see the two best looking mma fighters go head to head.

GraMMA
1/26/08 6:58:35PM
Timmy's gonna get back on track and do what Herring should've-Ko/tko Nog.At least I'm hoping so.I've given up on being an mma prophet.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
1/26/08 7:17:19PM
i agree that nogueira must win. nogueiras constant submission attempts from the bottom are enough to keep me interested. tim sylvia on the other hand is as boring as it gets.
NatedawgThaM
1/26/08 7:18:44PM
Nog's taking his arm home with him.
Damien6663
1/27/08 11:51:45AM

Posted by tepid55

Nog does not have near the takedown ability of coutore. IMO tim will pick at him standing for 4-5 rounds, it wont go to the ground.
Purge
1/27/08 3:14:11PM

Posted by loller90278

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tepid55
1/27/08 4:19:21PM
Nogueira's wrestling is much better than you think.
hippysmacker
1/27/08 5:50:50PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by stock

you didn't like barnett I or II ?

those were good fights..

Great fights IMO, and even though his first loss to Fedor( the most punishment I've ever seen dished out in a decision) was exciting.
warglory
1/27/08 6:08:46PM
I think Sylvia will ride out a decision in this fight. I really hope that Nog wins it, but I don't seem him beating Sylvia.
Lay_N_Pray
1/27/08 6:47:03PM
I may be the only one but I think Nog just doesnt have the fire anymore. I think he would love to coach and teach ju-jitsu, I just dont think he wants to carry a belt with him around and have that responsibility.

I could be wrong, but I do know Sylvia lives to carry that thing on his waist. I see Sylvia getting a decision win. It may be boring but he is a tremendous strategist, I will give him that much.
bls1919
1/27/08 11:48:59PM
i think its going to be a good fight regardless of who wins. Really both of these guys WANT this title bad. As for longer fights in the UFC, i would like to see no round limit for title fights. Now wait before u guys freak out. This would make both fighters more willing to engage and "impose" their wil on the other guy in early rounds. No more lay and pray, no more contraversial judge's decisions'. Most fights would be done in 3 rnds not 5 i think
CornishMMA
1/28/08 8:47:45AM
Its always fun to point out to people in threads like this that only 25% of Big Tims wins have been by decision, exactly the same as BJ, contrast that with Randy (43%) and you do have to wonder where all the Tim hate has come from? Guess its just what hes done lately but if you balance that with the fact he started in the UFC with his first 5 wins via TKO its not as bad as you think

Seriously thread starter what was so boring about the HW title fights in 2006? Tims amazing comeback win (which i predicted perfectly by the way ) was great, and you can blame AA as much as Tim in the rubber match, but Tims gameplan against Monson was perfect and people are just being stupid critisizing him for that, if he tried to make it more exciting for you he would have lost, dont hate on him for fighting smart

Having said all that im pretty confident in Nog getting him down at some point and subbing one of those lank limbs, Monson was too small to do that when he had him down and it made Tims BJJ look better than it is, Big Nog via armbar 4:33 of the very 1st rd
StevenSeagal
1/28/08 10:02:21AM

Posted by whardin19

Tim is gonna take Nog in my opinion. Nog looked like crap against Herring and hasn't had a fight in between to prove to us that, that wasn't a fluke. Tim on the other hand has had a fight with Vera where he looked damn good! So I'm putting my money on Tim winning this fight.

Nog isnt a 19 year old newb... Theres nothing to prove for him. Maybe prove to you if u havent watched any past pride events... I really dont know why people are making Nog out to look like a beginner... The dude has NEVER been knocked out or submitted. The talent level is not in the same orbit in regards to Tim and Nog.

To all:

Please look at Nogs record and take a look at his Pride fights... Heart, Chin, Power, Technique....
emfleek
1/28/08 1:50:57PM
I hope Nog wins. That means I win my avatar bet and my "opponent" (Mayhem13) has to sport this around as his avatar for 15 days...

cowcatcher
1/28/08 1:51:52PM

Posted by emfleek

I hope Nog wins. That means I win my avatar bet and my "opponent" (Mayhem) has to sport this around as his avatar...

jesus no!
emfleek
1/28/08 1:54:01PM
Haha...yes, it's true. And I can't wait.
Pages: [1] 2