Nogueira wants bout with Lesnar or Mir next

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nogueira wants bout with Lesnar or Mir next
emfleek
8/31/11 8:47:13AM
MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani caught up with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at the UFC heavyweight's training center just days after his UFC 134 win over Brendan Schaub. "Big Nog" talked about his health during and after the fight, his performance in front of his home crowd, how he was upset by Schab's pre-fight comments, who he wants to fight next, when he would like to retire and more.

LINK/VIDEO
kingsmasher
8/31/11 10:02:50AM
Brock will be too much for Nog...He beat Schaub...lmao now hes ready for Brock...Somethings off here a little bit...
emfleek
8/31/11 10:09:11AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Brock will be too much for Nog...He beat Schaub...lmao now hes ready for Brock...Somethings off here a little bit...

I see nothing wrong with him asking for top guys. I don't expect him to say, "I want Christian Morecraft!"
kingsmasher
8/31/11 10:13:44AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

I see nothing wrong with him asking for top guys. I don't expect him to say, "I want Christian Morecraft!"

lol you have a point...I forgot everyone shoudl call out the money making fights...makes perfect sense...
kingsmasher
8/31/11 10:14:46AM
As long as fans dont start saying hes in teh title picture Im ok...for now but I know its coming...
emfleek
8/31/11 10:19:49AM

Posted by kingsmasher

As long as fans dont start saying hes in teh title picture Im ok...for now but I know its coming...

Agreed. I believe his win over Schaub was simply a matter of catching lightning in a bottle.

I'd like to think he's back to being the old Nog, but I can't force myself to believe it. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on his next fight being his last fight in the UFC.
prophecy033
8/31/11 10:51:11AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

what's wrong with Morecraft?
tallica62
8/31/11 11:14:15AM
I didnt expect Nog to beat Schaub, but he did. IMO, much respect to him, but hes a member of the previous generation of fighters, and the new breed is better. He wont make a title run. I think Brock is just too big and powerful for him.
shaneTpain
8/31/11 11:25:17AM
I could of swore BigNog was going to use his KO of the Hybrid to retire on. It would have been great! Vintage pride BigNog infront of his hometown crowd! Any other fight he takes is going to result in a repeat of Nog vs. Cain! Hang em up Noggy!
prophecy033
8/31/11 12:11:21PM
It's not like nog got lucky, he knocked out a bright you star. I'd like to see him fight again, more so against Mir
FastKnockout
8/31/11 12:39:50PM
Don't do this to your fans, Nogueira.
mrsmiley
8/31/11 2:26:12PM
If he fought Brock in Brazil I bet he would win...............
Budgellism
8/31/11 4:24:16PM
I'm thinking they'll make Mir vs. Overeem and Lesnar vs. Nog
prozacnation1978
8/31/11 4:29:16PM
Big nog vs lesnar would be awesome in feb japan
Or even big nog vs carwin
Bubbles
8/31/11 6:14:17PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

what's wrong with Morecraft?

its not Warcraft
KungFuMaster
9/1/11 4:28:37PM
I can understand why Nog wants a rematch with Mir but I think he should stay away from Lesnar. To fight Lesnar, you need to be a good striker or a heavy puncher, both of which Nog is not.

kopower
9/1/11 5:59:21PM
I think he'd have a better chance at beating Lesnar than Mir. Nog has good boxing and great bjj. Those skills combined with Brock's long lay off would make the fight interesting. I think Mir would ko him again.
BustedKnuckle
9/1/11 6:38:34PM
I think if he is healthy why not comtinue fighting. The guy isn't that old. I would like to see him against Mir again or maybe even Carwin.
Pookie
9/2/11 3:37:45AM
I think he can still win that level of matches. Cain and Junior are beyond him at this point, but i still see Lesnar as feasible to him and his style of fighting. Especially in a 5 rounder. I have doubts about Brock's ability to finish on the ground, and on the feet it isnt happening.
Boo_Radley21
9/2/11 10:16:23AM
I have to say Nog would get hurt if he fought Lesnar. That would be bad