Nogueira to Return at UFC 87 in August

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nogueira to Return at UFC 87 in August
bbman182
5/5/08 11:43:59PM
Link

It appears that Nog and Mir won't be the TUF8 coaches (if they were it would be an 11 month layoff for both of them)

Perhaps Arlovski will re-sign and get a title shot vs. Big Nog. Otherwise I see him fighting Mir or the Vera/Werdum winner.
Twenty20Dollars
5/5/08 11:48:28PM
yeah ufc needs to clear up the HW division to get a clear contender. Like resign Andrei, he would be the first choice. Then if Werdum beats Vera, then it would be werdum. but if werdum looses and frank mir fights mccully and beats mccully then he is next or if mir doesnt fight mccully and werdum looses. and give it to mir.
jae_1833
5/5/08 11:56:28PM
The UFC needs to completely rebuild the HW Div now....it sucks!!
bustin_mma
5/6/08 1:20:56AM
I think that Mir/Vera/Werdum/mcully are all great match ups for big Nog i dont see any of them beating that tough s.o.b
RMFG_187
5/6/08 1:56:45AM
it will be either Mir if he wins or Werdum if he wins. i cant see AA comin up with a title shot just yet, and McCully's 1 win in the UFC shows for shit.
scoozna
5/6/08 10:46:54AM

Posted by jae_1833

I see this comment all the time, but how would they do this? Top HWs don't just materialize out of thin air.
Twenty20Dollars
5/6/08 12:38:11PM
well andrei isnt resigning with ufc, so he's out of the picture.
hodge
5/6/08 1:23:58PM
so Mir beats Brock Lesner and Mcully then gets a title shot

You serious!!!
jgtribbett
5/6/08 1:26:54PM

Posted by jae_1833

couldnt have said it better. Sergei, Fedor, Barnett, Old Cro Cop???- would really help out.. too bad CC went downhill a little.. cause he woulda been awsome for the Div
coldchillin
5/6/08 1:37:25PM
so Mir is still fighting McCully... I thought the fight was cancelled?
babytater03
5/6/08 3:46:28PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well andrei isnt resigning with ufc, so he's out of the picture.

is that confirmed?
prozacnation1978
5/6/08 6:02:11PM
i heard andre is out of the picture, so if they were to set a title fight in aug only person i could think of is mir, vera/werdum won't fight in 2 months time, who else is there??
MondayNiteMauser
5/6/08 6:25:28PM
87 is shaping up to be one of the best cards in awhile.
dust
5/6/08 8:54:06PM

Posted by bustin_mma

I think that Mir/Vera/Werdum/mcully are all great match ups for big Nog i dont see any of them beating that tough s.o.b

McCully? Nog would rape him blindfolded. Mir will crumble under under Nog's desire and cardio. The other two would give him a fight, but lose.
bustin_mma
5/6/08 8:57:45PM
exactly, thats why i said they are all good match ups for big nog
jae_1833
5/8/08 12:46:14AM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by jae_1833

I see this comment all the time, but how would they do this? Top HWs don't just materialize out of thin air.

1.Start paying the ones you have a little more (prevents them from leaving)
2.Give up some bennies (health care goes a long way in this sport)
3.Outbid some of the orgs who have/are getting these guys (very few wont leave Japan for the right $)
4.Give them the opportunity to fight other top competitors (even if it ends up like Chuck when he fought in Pride)

But I thought some of those HWs who left had already stated these were the key issues!!