Nogueira vs. Gonzaga in December ?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nogueira vs. Gonzaga in December ?
MMAcca
10/3/09 12:32:25PM
According to Luiz Aves, Nogueira’s Muay Thai coach, this fight can happen. “It’s not 100% yet, but Rodrigo might fight in December. When I was in the US, I heard some rumors that he could face Napão (Gonzaga)… It’s not right yet, but I heard that he could fight him, then would move forward to the title. I think, by the middle of 2010, we’ll fight for the title again”, revealed Alves.

LINK
Copenhagen
10/3/09 1:12:43PM
Wow, if this fight does happen, GG did not earn this fight.
prozacnation1978
10/3/09 4:41:47PM
i think it will happen but not in dec
look for it in jan my guess is superbowl weekend
seanfu
10/3/09 6:38:15PM
GG will probably ktfo Nogueira or keep him badly hurt for 3 rounds.

And does anyone else get the feeling that Joe Silva and Dana White are lurkers? lol I mean every matchup for the last two months has been put out there and if there was a negative reaction among the community of posters the matchups are improved.

At least that's how it seems.
WheelchairBandit
10/3/09 8:04:33PM
Wow,there's a fight that makes zero sense.

Why not just do Nog-Mir 2 and Gonzaga-Kongo in December?

WB.
SamPan
10/4/09 1:55:22AM

Posted by seanfu

GG will probably ktfo Nogueira or keep him badly hurt for 3 rounds.

And does anyone else get the feeling that Joe Silva and Dana White are lurkers? lol I mean every matchup for the last two months has been put out there and if there was a negative reaction among the community of posters the matchups are improved.

At least that's how it seems.

I completely disagree. I see Nogueira as similar to Gonzaga but better in every aspect. I dont see this going to a decision either. They stand on their feet, Gonzaga gets KOd. It goes to the mat, i think Gonzaga will get subd
mentalcase
10/4/09 2:08:35AM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

WB.

i would like that
NatedawgThaM
10/4/09 4:48:46AM
Wow, totally pointless fight. I mean a few years ago I thought this would have been sick since I heard Gonzagas pure BJJ was better then Nog's, and Gonzaga was bigger and thought had a wrestling advantage and after that sick headkick KO on Cro Cop I thought he could take Nog standing. Thought it'd be sick but Nog just had one of the greatest performances of his life dominating Randy and is the top cotender out their at HW and Gonzagas coming off a disappointing loss to Carwin which he definitely should of won since he had Carwin tooled bad until the one punch caught him. And a HORRIFIC win over that big Chris Tetehshsh guy haha and by horrific, i mean that kick to the crotch! haha Just love the idea from above, Nog-Mir 2, and Kongo-Gonzaga for Gonzaga and Kongo to build themselves back up slowly besides getting destroyed, and then Nog could avenge and prove that wasn't the 100% Nog last december. I mean they wanted to have freakin Franklin-Hendo rematch, why not this? A ten times better one? Nogs the man. The ultimate test for Lesnar. Can't wait!
MMA-San
10/4/09 4:31:13PM
I think its a good fight.
Jride
10/4/09 7:27:02PM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

WB.

100% agreed

Id also rather see Gonzaga/JDS