NLL

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » NLL
mk1630
5/7/08 5:36:44PM
Is anyone on here a fan of the National Lacrosse League? I've been an obsessed Buffalo Bandits fan since 2005. This saturday is the Divisional finals against the New York Titans. Anyone else a big lacrosse fan and have a team where they live?
TimW001
5/7/08 10:50:42PM
I used to play lacrosse and was really into back then. But now so much anymore.
DCRage
5/8/08 7:31:27AM
Baltimore used to have a pro lacrosse team in the various leagues (I remember one team in the old MILL), not sure if they still have one now. They don't get any TV time around here.
mk1630
5/8/08 2:59:22PM
Yea the Thunder used to play in Baltimore but in 2000 they became the Pittsburgh Crossfire, which isnt even a team anymore either.
ohiostate1016
5/9/08 11:53:37AM
I thought that Major League Lacrosse was the top league? Aren't they on ESPN?

I remember that we used to have the Columbus Landsharks. Don't know what happened to them. They moved to Arizona or something.
mk1630
5/9/08 9:04:43PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I thought that Major League Lacrosse was the top league? Aren't they on ESPN?

I remember that we used to have the Columbus Landsharks. Don't know what happened to them. They moved to Arizona or something.

The MLL is field lacrosse. I wouldnt say its the top league because even though they are on ESPN, they dont average many fans to games from what i hear. The NLL is indoor or box lacrosse which is a must faster paced style of the game. Its still becoming more and more popular and the league is expanding more each year. I think your right on the Arizona move too.