NJACB tried to prevent Alexander from fighting Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » NJACB tried to prevent Alexander from fighting Silva
Porch28
3/21/08 11:24:27AM
A member of the New Jersey Athletic Control Board walked into the room and told Alexander and Doyle the fight was off because Alexander only has one kidney.
Another Link
tberg420
3/21/08 12:25:55PM
Most of us already knew that he had one kidney before this. There was a story on MMAjunkie before the Silva fight.
wolfman
3/21/08 12:47:10PM

Posted by tberg420

Most of us already knew that he had one kidney before this. There was a story on MMAjunkie before the Silva fight.

Yeah, but I still find this article relevant because it points out that Houston's mental state might have been affected. An NJACB member came to him an hour before his fight and told him that he couldn't fight because he only has one kidney. I don't think this is an excuse as to why he lost, but I am sure it probably affected him mentally. I think it is stupid because the NJACB should have known about this well ahead of an hour before his fight.
xposipx
3/21/08 3:51:03PM
It was obvious BEFORE that fight he was going to be outclassed on the ground. He needed a big KO on the feet early to get the W. That being said, it's pretty ridiculous they pulled a stunt like that. I could see that messing with someone mentally in preparation for a fight. Pretty uncalled for, but I really don't think it affected the fight.
chubbud22
3/22/08 12:06:38AM
So what made the commission change there mind?
bls1919
3/22/08 3:06:56AM
This is total BS if they knew about the kidney they shoulod have said somthing b4 1 hr b4 the fight. sounds like an atletic board fuc up which isnt that out of the ordinary. they dont care about the fight just about their asses