Nightmare on Elm Street.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Nightmare on Elm Street.
george112
9/28/09 5:43:22PM
Hoping this movie lives up to the hype.

check it out

Link
george112
9/28/09 5:50:11PM
well i started this thread before i actually watched the trailer.

now i can say after seeing it.that its probably going to be a horrible movie.
without robert englund there is no Freddie IMO
emfleek
9/28/09 7:20:42PM
This has all the potential to be just as good a comedy as the rest of the Nightmare series.
The_Metal_Maniac
9/28/09 7:37:58PM
On a few other threads in the past I have stated my utter disappointment in the fact that originality is so lacking that film companies have to delve into ruining classic movies. If perhaps one descent writer could come up with his own idea we would not have to see classic movies, and in most cases classic horror movies ruined. How on earth do you even attempt to remake Nightmare on Elm Street? Freddy portrayed by anyone other than Robert Englund will blow.
Rush
9/28/09 7:40:20PM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

On a few other threads in the past I have stated my utter disappointment in the fact that originality is so lacking that film companies have to delve into ruining classic movies. If perhaps one descent writer could come up with his own idea we would not have to see classic movies, and in most cases classic horror movies ruined. How on earth do you even attempt to remake Nightmare on Elm Street? Freddy portrayed by anyone other than Robert Englund will blow.

The same goes with music.

However, I look at it in that we will all appreciate the originals more because the new versions are so bad.
haggiswashere
9/28/09 8:17:56PM
Weird. I like the actor though. Maybe good maybe bad.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
The_Metal_Maniac
9/28/09 9:07:09PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

The same goes with music.

However, I look at it in that we will all appreciate the originals more because the new versions are so bad.

agreed

george112
9/28/09 10:07:48PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Weird. I like the actor though. Maybe good maybe bad.

its the appereance of freddie and the voice thats going to kill it for me.

i already have a pre-conceived freddie created from the classic movies.this new freddie is just going to kill it much like every other movie that brings in different actors for the same role.

an example i can think of off the top of my head is Dumbledore from the harry potter movies.Yea the current one does a good job i guess.but you cant help wishing the old one was still alive.he fit that role perfect
breakdown5
9/28/09 11:33:42PM
Not looking forward to this. It can't be good.
sparky
9/29/09 2:11:12AM
I personally think the movie looks great!!!
MiniMan
9/29/09 11:21:30AM
This film looks mad people!!

A new Freddy, Thats the way you look at it, He's not replacing the old Freddy, He is just the Freddy that will scare the **** out of kids that are born from now!!

I have read Freddy is now no longer a funny guy, No more jokes, Just Horror. Robert Englund himself has blessed this film and turned down the role, This is a new Freddy people and I cant wait!!

Wanna be Freddy???, CLICK HERE..............................
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1