Nick Thompson Interview on Brock Lesnar

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Thompson Interview on Brock Lesnar
duggy
1/24/08 12:39:20AM
Nice Interview: He briefly touches on his situation with Bodog, elaborates on the fight offer with Jon Fitch, and has a cool story about his training partner Brock Lesnar.

link
Bemin
1/24/08 12:54:41AM
Good interview. I agree with him about Bodog, its not looking good for them. To bad about the Fitch fight, win or loose it would of done him wonders.

More I hear about Lesnar more I wonder how far he can actually go. Really looking forward to his fight with Mir! What a great test for his first match in the UFC. Even if Brock goes down to a easy submission, you have to give him credit for taking on a former HW UFC champ. My big question is what kinda shape is Mir going to be in? I am guessing he will come in great shape. He knows the publicity that this fight is going to garner and will hopefully be the old Pre-accident Mir, but the weigh-ins will let us know.
MMAcca
1/24/08 1:46:52AM
Is anybody else sick of hearing about Brock Lesnar ?

The savior of MMA he aint........(not that it needs one)
rcg916
1/24/08 5:41:22AM

Posted by MMAcca

Is anybody else sick of hearing about Brock Lesnar ?

The savior of MMA he aint........(not that it needs one)

Are you sick of bashing him for no reason yet? Because that's what Im sick of people doing...
mikevolz
1/24/08 12:41:19PM
brock lesnar is training with greg nelson guys. the man affiliated with sean sherk? are you all ready for this magic carpet ride lesnar is gonna take us on? because i am.

id get more excitement giving away ice cream outside a curves.
Shawn17
1/24/08 12:44:40PM
Brock could have a glass jaw, theres too many unkowns about him in this fight. I gotta go Mir, hes seasoned. Brock could suck for all we know, and according to tim sylvia and matt hughes, he does. Thompson says otherwise. I just dont know. I gotta go Mir .
roadking95th
1/24/08 2:50:05PM

Posted by Shawn17

Brock could have a glass jaw, theres too many unkowns about him in this fight. I gotta go Mir, hes seasoned. Brock could suck for all we know, and according to tim sylvia and matt hughes, he does. Thompson says otherwise. I just dont know. I gotta go Mir .

I don't much care what Sylvia hs to say. I would like to read where Hughes commented though. Thanks.
rcg916
1/24/08 6:28:31PM

Posted by Shawn17

Brock could suck for all we know, and according to tim sylvia and matt hughes, he does.

Yeah, good thing that they made those comments when he had only trained with them for a week... And he had only trained a week total by then. He's had about 90 or so weeks since...

GraMMA
1/24/08 6:40:25PM
This fight is a tough call for me.When I first heard about it I thought Lesnar will smash him.The more I thought about it,I started leaning towards Mir and his experience and submission game,but he did get beatdown by Cruz.I flipped a coin and it came up Mir so that's who I'm picking,but I won't be surprised either way.
Shawn17
1/24/08 6:40:44PM
Ya 90weeks. Frank Mir has been training for like 10+years.
rcg916
1/24/08 6:58:08PM

Posted by Shawn17

Ya 90weeks. Frank Mir has been training for like 10+years.

Nice job chiming in on something, and not adding a damn thing.

Hope you feel better...
roger
1/30/08 6:40:51PM
i don't what this to happen but i think lesnar will just run right through mir ko in first round by ground and pound