Nick Diaz Vacates Strikeforce Welterweight Title

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz Vacates Strikeforce Welterweight Title
Budgellism
6/9/11 6:59:06PM
Dana White was full of big news today. In addition to the five round UFC main events from now on, he also had a little tidbit to offer regarding Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz. Because he will be taking on Georges St. Pierre for the UFC welterweight title at UFC 137, Diaz gave up his Strikeforce title.

LINK
FastKnockout
6/9/11 7:02:20PM
I'm guessing Paul Daley will be one of those fighters fighting for the title later this year.. Who will be the other?
SmileR
6/9/11 7:44:39PM
Bad move by Diaz. He'll get bullied by GSP, then one of the top guys like Fitch, Kos or possibly BJ will beat him up and then he'll be stuck fighting guys trying to break in to the top 10.

He's a big fish in a small pond over in Strikeforce but in the UFC he'll just another guy GSP has beaten.
Budgellism
6/9/11 7:49:09PM

Posted by SmileR

Bad move by Diaz. He'll get bullied by GSP, then one of the top guys like Fitch, Kos or possibly BJ will beat him up and then he'll be stuck fighting guys trying to break in to the top 10.

He's a big fish in a small pond over in Strikeforce but in the UFC he'll just another guy GSP has beaten.

Agreed.
prozacnation1978
6/9/11 8:12:22PM
Strikeforce should do a 4man tourney for the belt

Have woodley, daley
And two more guys
submissionartist1
6/9/11 9:51:18PM
seems to me like some dana white poster boy b.s.
bjj1605
6/9/11 10:19:49PM
And so it begins. Strikeforce seems to be going the way of Pride FC afterall.

How can you keep both organizations around (and making money) if you bring all the good fighters to the UFC. Shields, Diaz, rumors about Melendez. It makes the titles meaningless.

I hope they keep Strikeforce around as a farm league. Probably won't happen though. It will get folded in one org just like WEC and Pride did.
Jekyll
6/9/11 10:24:00PM
if anything it devalues the SF WW titles... Diaz was effectivly the GSP of th SF WW div, he bat everyone put infront of him even on short notice, with him droping it if he gets stomped by GSP it just shows how weak the SF guys are
Chael_Sonnen
6/9/11 10:39:49PM
This just in....Diaz vacates Strikeforce WW title only to win the UFC WW title at UFC 137.....I hope George keeps it nice and shiny for Nick
40ouncetpkid
6/10/11 12:49:42AM
I actually really like this move. If the UFC was smart they would absolutely postively try and make Tyron Woodley the last strikeforce champ before he goes into the UFC. It's now or never for the man to step up and show he belongs, he's 30, he needs to hurry up.

I would like a fight with Daley for the title.
Lesnar1
6/10/11 5:28:23AM
A merger would have been good but I guess that don't make sense cause then strikeforce wouldn't have a ww belt haha. Diaz is good and everything but against GSP i just can't see him winning he sure will be entertaining in the pre fight build up's though haha but GSP most likely gets by Diaz. Daley vs Zaromskis sounds awesome 2 me 4 the title but Woodley is also a great fighter who deserves his "shot".
pmoney
6/10/11 9:50:26AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

This just in....Diaz vacates Strikeforce WW title only to win the UFC WW title at UFC 137.....I hope George keeps it nice and shiny for Nick

Bryan Cranston and I agree! GSP is going to be going to sleep when he fights Nick Diaz. And not from like fainting or something. He will be choked unconscious or knocked out.
Theoutlaw08
6/10/11 12:10:36PM

Posted by SmileR

AGREE
Bubbles
6/10/11 2:25:45PM

Posted by SmileR

what else is supposed to do? go back to SF for a year until it gets folded into the UFC? and then what?