If Nick Diaz uninterested, UFC's Tim Kennedy says he'll fight Lyoto Machida

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » If Nick Diaz uninterested, UFC's Tim Kennedy says he'll fight Lyoto Machida
FastKnockout
8/17/13 11:20:46AM
Earlier this week, UFC President Dana White said he offered Nick Diaz a fight against Lyoto Machida. But if Diaz doesn't want to fight the ex-light-heavyweight champ in his middleweight debut, at least one other guy does.

Link
Wallass
8/17/13 11:27:05AM
I assumed when Diaz said he'd fight anyone that he meant it. Too many people in the UFC acting hard and then refusing fights. Lyoto would knock this guy back into retirement IMO.
frizzzlecake
8/17/13 11:40:04AM
That's a fight I wouldn't want to see, but would bet the house on Lyoto. He doesn't have the offensive wrestling nor the striking to take rounds for the Dragon.
JLS1980
8/17/13 12:10:33PM
I don't think Tim Kennedy is high enough up to fight the Dragon yet. But props to him willing to fight someone on the level of Machida.
prozacnation1978
8/17/13 12:29:56PM
No thanks. After seeing Kennedy on the main card
I don't think he should be on another main card ppv again
FlashyG
8/17/13 12:32:28PM

Posted by JLS1980

I don't think Tim Kennedy is high enough up to fight the Dragon yet. But props to him willing to fight someone on the level of Machida.

If Kennedy isn't high enough neither is Diaz.

He's coming of back to back losses and hasn't fought at 185 in almost 5 years.

Although Diaz vs Machida would certainly be a more entertaining fight.
jjeans
8/17/13 2:38:07PM
Kennedy would fight 3 Brock Lesnar's. The dudes a fighter whether his attitude is poor he won't turn down a fight.
Webbie
8/17/13 2:54:27PM
Easy fight for Machida. I'd rather see him fight Diaz.
airkerma
8/17/13 3:18:42PM

Posted by jjeans

Kennedy would fight 3 Brock Lesnar's. The dudes a fighter whether his attitude is poor he won't turn down a fight.

Yeah man, I don't care much for kennedy nor does this fight make sense but I love his attitude. Neither of them are agressive forward striking fighters so the fight might suck, but at least it could happen.
Tyzzler
8/18/13 9:33:02AM
Kennedy has 15,000 reasons to come out and ask for this fight.

#1 REASON: Setting the trap that just about all posters so far have fallen right into. Every other sentence that comes out of the guys mouth is meant to increase his image in fans minds of him being "an extremely bad, tough as nails, take-on-all-comers, respectful bad-a$$." No disrespect against the military, on the contrary I have extremely huge respect for those in it, but the guy makes sure to remind us every 5 minutes that he served & then throws up a statement of "how us military men do things." Every statement he makes is to increase his image & gain fans, since his fight style sure doesn't do the job.

What does he have to lose saying he "wants to fight Machida"?? If he doesn't get offered the fight (which is the huge probability) he garners the respect of fans for calling out such a top level guy. If he does (by some miracle) get the fight & loses, oh well nothing lost, he lost to one of the best who was a huge favorite over him & gains nothing but more respect points for even taking the fight. If he wins, he's catapulted to the top. On that note, I think I'll make it official that "I want that Lyoto Machida fight too!!!!!"
DeadHead988
8/18/13 4:25:32PM

Posted by Wallass

I assumed when Diaz said he'd fight anyone that he meant it. Too many people in the UFC acting hard and then refusing fights. Lyoto would knock this guy back into retirement IMO.

Only fight I remember him refusing was Mayhem Miller back when Mayhem was good
GDPofMPG
8/19/13 12:42:01PM
No demand or desire to see Machida beat Kennedy.

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Wallass

Only fight I remember him refusing was Mayhem Miller back when Mayhem was good

Jay Herion and Braulio Estima, Diaz ducked them as well.