Nick Diaz signs with Pride

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nick Diaz signs with Pride
nate22
1/22/07 12:50:56PM
http://nickdiaz.tv/index2.html

Fighting at LW, very good news, looks like his first fight will be on the upcoming US card. Discuss.
JoeMimic
1/22/07 1:03:06PM
I can't wait to see how they react to Nick's antics. Nick is one of my favorite fighters and I think eventually he'll be one of the top fighters in the world. I hope he does well.
nate22
1/22/07 1:09:30PM
They will love him over there, just as they loved Krazy Horse.

Some interesting fights, Nick - Melendez/Mach/Kawijiri

I really can't wait, Diaz is always exciting, always brings his A game. He's a very tough fighter, very hard to finish, can't wait to see him in Pride.
loller90278
1/22/07 1:26:11PM
rumor goin around he might fight gomi?
DoTheMMAth
1/22/07 1:26:27PM
Awesome news! The only thing that would have made me happier than hearing he re-signed with UFC is that he signed with Pride. Nick is a tough fighter and loves nothing more than fighting. Did any of you happen to catch his radio interview on Sherdog Beatdown? Man that guy is intense about things. And LoL about his Riggs at the hospital altercation.
nate22
1/22/07 1:32:44PM

Posted by loller90278

rumor goin around he might fight gomi?

You have a link to this mate? Would love to see this fight also, makes sense.
nate22
1/22/07 1:33:29PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Awesome news! The only thing that would have made me happier than hearing he re-signed with UFC is that he signed with Pride. Nick is a tough fighter and loves nothing more than fighting. Did any of you happen to catch his radio interview on Sherdog Beatdown? Man that guy is intense about things. And LoL about his Riggs at the hospital altercation.

Someone needs to find a link to that and post it, it is hilarious.
DoTheMMAth
1/22/07 1:37:58PM

Posted by nate22

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Someone needs to find a link to that and post it, it is hilarious.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?ID=121

Sadly though you can only listen to it if you're an insider member They're only free if ya catch it when it's not archived. He goes off about so much stuff in that interview, had me cracking up while I listened to it.

MacDonald was pretty cool in that interview too; I wasn't really a fan of the "TUF-killer", but after hearing him talk with the guys at sherdog I'm officially a nuthugger.
hippysmacker
1/22/07 4:01:03PM
Diaz is a entertaining fighter, always brings it, and has a great chin. However, it's become obvious that he would wasn't a top 5 welterweight. He could have stayed the UFC gatekeeper, (the guy you have up-and-comers fight to see if they are a possible contender). It seems to me he loses to anyone else in the top 10, and is at best 9th or 10th. I was thinking he might hit the weights, get stronger , and move to 185. He was a really tall welterweight(6 feet) and his handspeed was subpar for that division. He's gonna be cadaverous at 160, but he'll have a huge reach advantage. Hope he doesn't spoil that advantage by leaning his head forward, dropping his hands to low, and sticking his chin out, like he did against Sherk .He is a survivor so he'll probably lose a decision to Gomi. At least he switched weight class somehow, it was obvious he wasn't gonna be in welterweight title contention anytime soon.Either way, I hope he stops whining and learns to admit that he has lost fights, doesn't need to constantly prove"I aint no bitch", and that if you can't stop the take down( In a cage or ring) your probably gonna lose a lot to good wrestlers. It's pretty obvious he would have to submit Gomi to win. Most things are possible , but I don't see him beating Gomi.
Gladiator
1/22/07 10:47:18PM
ya i read that its confirmed that hes in a non-title fight with gomi at pride 33
Punish99
1/23/07 2:21:04AM
hope Diaz wins
nate22
1/23/07 6:44:39AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Diaz is a entertaining fighter, always brings it, and has a great chin. However, it's become obvious that he would wasn't a top 5 welterweight. He could have stayed the UFC gatekeeper, (the guy you have up-and-comers fight to see if they are a possible contender). It seems to me he loses to anyone else in the top 10, and is at best 9th or 10th. I was thinking he might hit the weights, get stronger , and move to 185. He was a really tall welterweight(6 feet) and his handspeed was subpar for that division. He's gonna be cadaverous at 160, but he'll have a huge reach advantage. Hope he doesn't spoil that advantage by leaning his head forward, dropping his hands to low, and sticking his chin out, like he did against Sherk .He is a survivor so he'll probably lose a decision to Gomi. At least he switched weight class somehow, it was obvious he wasn't gonna be in welterweight title contention anytime soon.Either way, I hope he stops whining and learns to admit that he has lost fights, doesn't need to constantly prove"I aint no bitch", and that if you can't stop the take down( In a cage or ring) your probably gonna lose a lot to good wrestlers. It's pretty obvious he would have to submit Gomi to win. Most things are possible , but I don't see him beating Gomi.

Great post, totally agree, although one or two of his decision losses have been borderline questionable decisions, but these things happen unfourtunately.
meier
1/23/07 10:19:56PM
i think and only think (not know) that diaz will take gomi to a descision. and lose
Savy
1/24/07 1:22:16PM
Diaz impressed me KO'ing Lawler. His jiu-jitsu is well known by now and he's shown decent stand up and good power. Hopefully he can use his height/reach advantage to neutralize Gomi's handspeed. Still, I think he's out of his league in this match, I'm gonna be looking for a 1st rd KO in favor of The Fireball Kid.
kidhurt3
1/24/07 5:39:59PM
I just fell out of my seat when I heard this. Cool.
Avenger
1/24/07 6:43:53PM
Nick is the man!!! I'm glad he's fighting in PRIDE!!!
BloodandTears
1/26/07 7:08:17PM
Win, lose or draw Diaz is fun to watch. That guy never gives up, and has some great hands. I wont buy a PPV event soley cause of him, but he makes for a great undercard.. I've lost lots of $$$ on his ass though!
Tibun
1/26/07 7:21:03PM
I would bet the farm on diaz----LOSING, but im holding off for when silva tools lutter.