Nick Diaz signs to fight Fernando Vargas in boxing match, considering retiring from MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz signs to fight Fernando Vargas in boxing match, considering retiring from MMA
Budgellism
4/14/11 4:50:13PM
Diaz has signed on the dotted line for the boxing match against Vargas and now his camp is just waiting for the boxer to do the same. Have we seen the last of Nick Diaz in MMA?

Video after the jump.

LINK
TeamDEY
4/14/11 4:59:00PM
thats surprising... don't see it really happening
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/14/11 5:08:13PM
meh, i don't see diaz going really far in the boxing world...bad move on his part imo...but ya never know! specially with nick
scoozna
4/14/11 5:10:42PM
As much as I wouldn't want him to leave MMA entirely, maybe a little hiatus is a good thing for him mentally.
kingsmasher
4/14/11 5:28:17PM
If its true he is not a boxer like in the traditional sense...Has no chance against a real opponent...He might do well sparring with head gear but he in no way beat any contender....I predict he gets KTFO...
sbulldavid
4/14/11 6:00:19PM
I think he would have an average chance against a past his prime Vargas, who was always kind of a slugger.
mattjonesy
4/14/11 7:15:54PM
I would be intrested to see how Nick does in boxing. Bigger gloves , 10 count to recover and no fear of the takedown. In my head it seems he could do pretty well!
Chael_Sonnen
4/14/11 7:32:45PM
Maybe he should consider being a full-time marathon runner
sbulldavid
4/14/11 11:28:26PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Maybe he should consider being a full-time marathon runner

Good point, I get sick of hearing about that all the time.
tcunningham
4/15/11 2:13:28AM
i think he could be fairly successful. all the time he spends kicking, grappling, etc. spent on his boxing would get him where he needs to be. it aint like professional boxers are super human strikers. marcus davis was a pretty successful boxer and ive seen him get out struck by an MMA fighter.
emfleek
4/15/11 8:20:46AM