Does Nick Diaz have a Screw Loose?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Does Nick Diaz have a Screw Loose?
« Previous Page
Jd2K
10/30/11 12:20:25PM
Did they say Diaz was going to be making a quick turnaround for February or are they going to move their fight to a different month?
warglory
10/30/11 12:54:57PM

Posted by Jd2K

Did they say Diaz was going to be making a quick turnaround for February or are they going to move their fight to a different month?

Superbowl weekend
Jd2K
10/30/11 12:58:11PM
Isn't Sonnen gunning for superbowl weekend also? I don't think the UFC would put these two title fights together on the same card.
Poor_Franklin
10/30/11 1:44:28PM

Posted by Jd2K

Isn't Sonnen gunning for superbowl weekend also? I don't think the UFC would put these two title fights together on the same card.

i think if they do, then that means they are seriously considering anderson vs gsp.....assuming they both win
Chael_Sonnen
10/30/11 2:07:49PM

Posted by warglory

Wow, I just watched the post fight presser, and Nick was rambling about not having enough money to train his people, or get out of his bad neighborhood. Is this guy serious? Just in FOTN bonus, he got 75k.

You know what it seems like to me? Nick is scared of success, and doesn't want to venture outside of the realm of Stockton, CA. The dude already has the money to live a comfortable life, but he is fearful of admitting that. This isn't fighter bashing, I think Nick really needs to admit to himself that it's okay to admit your a success.

Not having enough money to train his peeps? Something stinks here and it's not weed.
Kpro
10/30/11 2:21:32PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by warglory

Wow, I just watched the post fight presser, and Nick was rambling about not having enough money to train his people, or get out of his bad neighborhood. Is this guy serious? Just in FOTN bonus, he got 75k.

You know what it seems like to me? Nick is scared of success, and doesn't want to venture outside of the realm of Stockton, CA. The dude already has the money to live a comfortable life, but he is fearful of admitting that. This isn't fighter bashing, I think Nick really needs to admit to himself that it's okay to admit your a success.

Not having enough money to train his peeps? Something stinks here and it's not weed.

Normally he spars with Andre Ward and his camp and it sounds like they don't pay for it. This time with Ward's cut in training and postponement of his bout with Froch, his entire camp wouldn't spar with Diaz unless they were given a certain amount of money that wasn't specified but obviously wasn't within Diaz's financial capabilities. There's an article on the front page of the News Forum that goes into more detail.
ncordless
10/30/11 2:28:18PM
Of course he does. This is the guy who stomped Jason Miller in the post-fight interview. This is the guy who, after losing to Joe Riggs at UFC 57, was in the hospital later that night when he saw Joe Riggs and attacked him in the hospital.
This is a guy who has repeatedly said he thought people were following him. This is a guy who has said multiple times that he'd rather be competing in triathalons than fighting.

He's nuts.
prophecy033
10/30/11 3:09:59PM
It's amazing to me that Diaz still chooses to have the attitude he has and live the way he does and bitch about everything under the sun but fails to realize how well he has it. I mean, the guy never has to work a normal job the rest of his life. I don't think I've ever heard him say "you know what, I'm thankful for what I have" or " fighting has made my life better, ironically". He just a negative dude
prophecy033
10/30/11 3:18:46PM

Posted by Jd2K

they sure as hell should. You wanna draw in as many people to watch, especially to capitalize on the super bowl viewers
cowcatcher
10/30/11 3:54:52PM
Yes he has at least one screw loose. He's immature, and negative like prophecy said. He basically acts like a little kid who's parents don't discipline him. He makes fans love or hate him, there is absolutely no middle ground with him.

He's also a tough fight for anyone and all his huffing and puffing got him a title shot in front of Condit, so there is a method to his madness. Maybe he's the smartest guy in the room after all...
clambasket
10/30/11 5:12:59PM
nick diaz was putting no act on what so ever. this dude is just an angry person from what i see. dont know if any of yall saw the post fight press confrence, but like him or not he was just his genuine crazy self. dude def has some screws loose and def mentally young, but that recipe makes for some good fights down the road
Pages: 1 [2]