Does Nick Diaz have a Screw Loose?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Does Nick Diaz have a Screw Loose?
Next Page »
warglory
10/29/11 11:47:00PM
Why was he screaming and getting pissed exclaiming he won the fight like it was called in favor of BJ Penn? The fight hadn't even been called yet! That dude is very strange.

On a sidenote, when Diaz essentially called GSP a coward, that was the first time I think I ever saw GSP actually pissed off before. He looked like it took every ounce for him to hold back from running into the octagon to fight Diaz right then and there.
Budgellism
10/29/11 11:49:16PM
To answer the title of this thread, absolutely.
karn501
10/29/11 11:53:28PM
i think the world agreed on that a few years ago and maybe if gsp is pissed he'll finish a damn fight
Chael_Sonnen
10/29/11 11:54:19PM

Posted by warglory

Why was he screaming and getting pissed exclaiming he won the fight like it was called in favor of BJ Penn? The fight hadn't even been called yet! That dude is very strange.

On a sidenote, when Diaz essentially called GSP a coward, that was the first time I think I ever saw GSP actually pissed off before. He looked like it took every ounce for him to hold back from running into the octagon to fight Diaz right then and there.

It's strangely ironic that Diaz called GSP a coward when in fact Diaz went AWOL on the GSP fight.....be scared homie.
sbulldavid
10/29/11 11:56:05PM
He was pumped up and pissed because he feels he should have been fighting GSP.
telnights
10/29/11 11:59:07PM
I think Nick has been fighting Pro since he was teenager and has never been allowed to really grow up by the people around him. Almost always his manager and other around have made excuses for him and his actions so he believes he is doing the right thing. So I don't think he is crazy just immature and around the wrong type of people.
karn501
10/30/11 12:00:29AM

Posted by sbulldavid He was pumped up and pissed because he feels he should have been fighting GSP.
he probably shouldn't have disappeared when he was supposed to be promoting it then
kopower
10/30/11 12:04:22AM

Posted by telnights

I think Nick has been fighting Pro since he was teenager and has never been allowed to really grow up by the people around him. Almost always his manager and other around have made excuses for him and his actions so he believes he is doing the right thing. So I don't think he is crazy just immature and around the wrong type of people.

I think it was his manager or main trainer saying in the background after the fight to call out that m'fker GSP. So there could be some truth to what you are saying. Unless they are just running with the bad boy attitude, but in reality, I think that is who they are.
Jd2K
10/30/11 12:06:02AM
yeah i definitely think Diaz could have done a better job of building a little bit of anticipation for the GSP fight but meh what can I say, the kid does what he wants but he's good at what he does so it's acceptable...frowned upon but acceptable
Kpro
10/30/11 12:16:07AM
A screw loose that has a legitimate possibility to get Dana to bump him back into the title match instead of Condit. Dana's a businessman and it's obvious which fight fans want to see next. More importantly, which fight more fans would pay to see next.
Twenty20Dollars
10/30/11 12:19:53AM
Don't be weird homie.
KungFuMaster
10/30/11 12:49:13AM
The grin GSP gave for the cameras was so fake. I think GSP knows he is in for a fight with Diaz.

Regarding the thread title, I think Diaz is mentally unstable. To me, he is the type of person who can lose it in an instant.
KungFuMaster
10/30/11 12:59:20AM

Posted by telnights

I agree. I don't think Diaz had any mentors while growing up. I recently found out he was raised by a single mom and had a rough childhood. In his interviews, he keeps referencing about doing what his coach tells him which tells me>>> he has a problem with authority. I doubt he listens to his mom or any other family members and or friends.

Diaz has a lot of maturing to do but I think he is making progress.
timekeeperboi
10/30/11 1:05:17AM
truth be told, i think this whole thing is a plot by dana..
I think its a money building scheme...
i think dana felt as if he was giving the fans too much.. secretly..
so he gave them a taste of something he new they would like.. and took it away.. in order to build more revenue from the anticipated bout...

I think Nick got paid off not to show up, so he could help Dana build the (gsp fight)...

It just seemed like too much of a co-inky dink...for Dana to do the whole flip-a-roe thingy with... condit vs bj... to nick vs bj, and condit vs gsp..

If that was the case.. i totally support DANA for what he did.. YES.. it was too soon to put nick against GSP.. no matter how badly the public wanted it. considering there were 2 people in line for the title.. FITCH , and CONDIT.. because god knows nobody wants to see a PENN/GSP repeat..

I think this was a plot not only to make more money off the fight, but also to fix up the mess he was dragged into due to media and fan influence...

I'm sure that Dana returnd back to his business sense and realized that.. NICK.. shouldn't be fighting just yet.... but how and what was he suppose to do after he had already put so much money in hyping up the fight?

So he needed a clever scheme to defuse the situation. And since pierre is a walking puppet... and NICK.. is the type of person that likes money.. (he practically planned something out with both of them..) LEFT.. the other fighter in the dark about it....

and VOULAA... got the ol switcheroe done..
karn501
10/30/11 1:08:17AM

Posted by KungFuMaster The grin GSP gave for the cameras was so fake. I think GSP knows he is in for a fight with Diaz. Regarding the thread title, I think Diaz is mentally unstable. To me, he is the type of person who can lose it in an instant.
i'm not so sure it has been said every time gsp fights he's gonna have a hard time (with the exception of maybe hardy) and every time we get the same bs outcome i mean gsp is one of the greatest ever but damn i want a fight to be finished crap he beat hughes twice in the same fight and now all we get is 25 minutes of bromance he needs to finish or get that crown knocked off i'm just not sure either is going to happen any time soon
Twenty20Dollars
10/30/11 1:35:15AM
He may have a screw loose, but he's getting his crack at GSP superbowl weekend.

Condit to wait.

If you were going to give Diaz the shot, then why even change the original fights.
Kpro
10/30/11 1:38:37AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

He may have a screw loose, but he's getting his crack at GSP superbowl weekend.

Condit to wait.

If you were going to give Diaz the shot, then why even change the original fights.

They already announce it?

If so, you'd be hard-pressed to not think Dana used Condit as a pawn to have GSP be facing Penn or Diaz.
DeadHead988
10/30/11 1:53:32AM
Does this answer your question?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
prophecy033
10/30/11 1:55:05AM

Posted by sbulldavid

He was set to fight him but fucked that up himself. GSP signed up to fight him and was set to go but Diaz went all D.B. Cooper and couldn't be found.
KungFuMaster
10/30/11 2:12:03AM
I expect an awesome card for Super Bowl weekend now that GSP vs Diaz has been officially announced. I bet Condit got compensated nicely for stepping aside.
Kpro
10/30/11 2:22:56AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by sbulldavid

He was set to fight him but fucked that up himself. GSP signed up to fight him and was set to go but Diaz went all D.B. Cooper and couldn't be found.

I LOL'd when Rogan said Diaz jumped out of his window and ran when Cesar Gracie went to his house after he missed the press conference. I really heard that right ?
prophecy033
10/30/11 2:31:26AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I expect an awesome card for Super Bowl weekend now that GSP vs Diaz has been officially announced. I bet Condit got compensated nicely for stepping aside.

if I were Condit, I would have punched Dana square in the forehead for screwing me around
KungFuMaster
10/30/11 3:57:07AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

if I were Condit, I would have punched Dana square in the forehead for screwing me around

That would be the ethical thing to do ....but maybe not the most logical.
Aether
10/30/11 4:35:25AM
I find it strange that Diaz thinks that GSP would fake an injury because he's scared to fight him, since GSP was scheduled to fight Carlos Condit when the injury was announced, not Diaz. Not sure how that logic works out.
prophecy033
10/30/11 4:55:43AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by KungFuMaster

That would be the ethical thing to do ....but maybe not the most logical.

pfff, who needs logic
Kpro
10/30/11 4:58:48AM

Posted by Aether

I find it strange that Diaz thinks that GSP would fake an injury because he's scared to fight him, since GSP was scheduled to fight Carlos Condit when the injury was announced, not Diaz. Not sure how that logic works out.

To be fair he did say “I don't think Georges is hurt. I think he's scared to fight everybody right now.”
warglory
10/30/11 10:55:10AM
Wow, I just watched the post fight presser, and Nick was rambling about not having enough money to train his people, or get out of his bad neighborhood. Is this guy serious? Just in FOTN bonus, he got 75k.

You know what it seems like to me? Nick is scared of success, and doesn't want to venture outside of the realm of Stockton, CA. The dude already has the money to live a comfortable life, but he is fearful of admitting that. This isn't fighter bashing, I think Nick really needs to admit to himself that it's okay to admit your a success.
Twenty20Dollars
10/30/11 11:22:33AM
Diaz wouldn't leave Stockon.

Give this guy a damn therapist.
Poor_Franklin
10/30/11 11:58:41AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

It's strangely ironic that Diaz called GSP a coward when in fact Diaz went AWOL on the GSP fight.....be scared homie.

GSP will rule him
prozacnation1978
10/30/11 12:13:43PM
Dana must be loving it
Sold out a gsp title event with no gsp to headline just to use
Gsp again in feb and charge the fans what ever to go see it
Pages: [1] 2