Nick Diaz says Georges St-Pierre 'hits like a woman,' wants a title rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz says Georges St-Pierre 'hits like a woman,' wants a title rematch
grappler0000
3/17/13 10:45:04AM
After losing to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in the main event of UFC 158 on Saturday night, Nick Diaz stood in the Octagon and said he's thinking of retirement.

Before he left the building, though, Stockton's favorite son decided he wanted a rematch...

Full Story
Michael_Corleone
3/17/13 11:08:38AM
...anybody else cringing at the thought of Diaz pissing hot again?

Diaz vs Lawler/Ellenberger next or bust.
FastKnockout
3/17/13 11:29:42AM
I hope there's no rematch. Nothing I hate worse than a fake rivalry that ends in a lackluster fight.
grappler0000
3/17/13 11:40:04AM
Nick Diaz selling those Wolf Tickets at half price.
airkerma
3/17/13 11:50:44AM
I say give him a rematch...after he beats a few top guys in a row
Manak
3/17/13 11:54:57AM
never fails, if someone says "I don't want to make any excuse" they follow that with a list of excuses. Diaz did some good things in the 4th and 5th rounds though. never seen GSP look tired like that
george112
3/17/13 12:56:20PM
personally i liked the pierre/hughes rivalry better
jae_1833
3/17/13 12:58:32PM
Diaz should have to fight a couple first...I'd move Ellenberger vs Condit could be a rematch worth watching now...it's been a couple of years. If Nick Diaz wants some time off and wants to stay relative then give him a fight with Rory Mac, kid will stand and bang with you too. Nate Marquardt needs to go back to the drawing board and slow down this kick based style of striking, it's gotten him in enough trouble already.
Bustamante-Aoki
3/17/13 3:43:13PM
I'd like to see a re-match, but Hendricks, and Ellenberger should be next in line for Georges.

Or they can do Diaz vs Ellenberger for the next contender.

I'm not convinced GSP will get through Hendricks though. His wrestling seems to have been effected by his knee injury, and if Hendricks beats GSP, then GSP will probably get an automatic re-match.

Diaz will probably be waiting a while... but if the UFC sold a lot of PPV's yesterday then he won't have to wait as long
prozacnation1978
3/17/13 5:44:22PM
No more rematches. I'm tired of immediate rematches
Kpro
3/17/13 5:48:03PM
Let's let the drug tests come back before we get ahead of ourselves.
emfleek
3/17/13 6:21:22PM
prophecy033
3/17/13 7:59:20PM
Hey, Nick Diaz.....SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

You lost homeboy, deal with it. If you think you could have stopped the takedowns then you should have. Maybe he started hitting the sack immediately after the fight
Boo_Radley21
3/18/13 2:29:55AM
why would anybody want to see that fight again? does he really think he would do any better?
Chael_Sonnen
3/18/13 11:16:03AM
Well if "Safe" Pierre hits like a girl, I guess that means Nick stuffs takedowns like an 'Old Lady'

Pay your taxes like a 'Man' kid.
BillsNewAccount
3/18/13 11:44:16AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

why would anybody want to see that fight again? does he really think he would do any better?

Nick Diaz clearly earned a rematch with GSP based on the performance of their fight. GSP is clearly scared of Nick. If they were to rematch I'd probably pick Nick first round Gogo. Or maybe in the off chance Nick has a bad day GSP UD.

On the real though, had they not taken pictures of Nick at camp he would have won that fight.

On the really real though, I hope Nick comes out of retirement to fight GSP. IMO Hendricks hasn't done enough to earn a shot at the belt yet. I'd like to see John fight Silva though. I think he's earned a shot with Silva. Maybe have Weidman drop to fight GSP. Then a Bendo v Bones super fight. I don't know... heard they are close to signing Fedor. Maybe Fedor v Aoki grappling Gi match again. I don't know I'm not handling this Diaz loss very well.
bjj1605
3/18/13 2:12:41PM
I do think Nick put up a great fight.

He was battering Georges with knees in the clinch, landed a few nice punches to the body, and several good ones to the head (mostly in round 3.)

I was also impressed at the number of takedowns Nick was able to stop. I totally did not expect that. Nick did a better job wrestling Georges than Kos or Fitch did.

But ya, he needs to beat some top guys in order to earn another shot. Since Nick seems to have a bit of a sense of entitlement, I doubt he's willing to work his way back up.
Kpro
3/18/13 5:34:12PM
He's always said if he could make enough in Triathlons to not have to fight he wouldn't, he now has enough.

The motivation he's used for his fights for his entire career is taken care of if managed properly (I know, big if), so unless it's a grudge match or superfight (regardless if you feel he's a superfight type fighter, he's a huge draw, which defines superfight on the business-end).

If I'd been working 30 years to have enough money to retire and I just passed my goal in my savings account significantly, my motivation to go back to work the next Monday would be somewhere around zero unless there was a reason to work where the offer, financially or on a personal level is impossible to turn down.
grappler0000
3/18/13 10:03:35PM
Not to make light of the situation, but once Uncle Sam takes his full cut, he may have to re-evaluate.
bjj1605
3/18/13 10:47:21PM

Posted by Kpro

He's always said if he could make enough in Triathlons to not have to fight he wouldn't, he now has enough.

The motivation he's used for his fights for his entire career is taken care of if managed properly (I know, big if), so unless it's a grudge match or superfight (regardless if you feel he's a superfight type fighter, he's a huge draw, which defines superfight on the business-end).

If I'd been working 30 years to have enough money to retire and I just passed my goal in my savings account significantly, my motivation to go back to work the next Monday would be somewhere around zero unless there was a reason to work where the offer, financially or on a personal level is impossible to turn down.

Ya. I totally don't mean to sound judgmental. I can understand why he would get out of the game. I've been training MMA for six years but I've never had a full blown MMA fight. Getting punched in the face for a living can wear you down. No one can blame him for wanting to do something else.

What I meant to say was, I don't think he will want to work his way back up. And he's not getting another title shot unless he does.
Kpro
3/18/13 10:49:10PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Kpro

Ya. I totally don't mean to sound judgmental. I can understand why he would get out of the game. I've been training MMA for six years but I've never had a full blown MMA fight. Getting punched in the face for a living can wear you down. No one can blame him for wanting to do something else.

What I meant to say was, I don't think he will want to work his way back up. And he's not getting another title shot unless he does.

Yeah, I agree. We're on the same page.
airkerma
3/19/13 10:14:10AM

Posted by grappler0000

Not to make light of the situation, but once Uncle Sam takes his full cut, he may have to re-evaluate.

Didn't James Toney have his entire pay check from the UFC taken immediately by the IRS for past taxes not paid?