Nick Diaz 'Ready To Get Back In The Cage' According To Cesar Gracie, Wants Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz 'Ready To Get Back In The Cage' According To Cesar Gracie, Wants Anderson Silva
« Previous Page
jjeans
7/28/12 10:15:28AM
Only way this happens is if Anderson drops down to 170 and GSPs out
emfleek
7/28/12 10:51:33AM

Posted by jjeans

Only way this happens is if Anderson drops down to 170 and GSPs out

I wouldn't count on it.

Anderson wants big fights. A fight versus Diaz is a big fight.

Diaz said he'd do catchweight and even go to 185 if Anderson doesn't want to cut the extra weight.

I personally think the fight is going to happen.
emfleek
7/28/12 10:56:56AM

Posted by LuckyCharms

Come on, Nick dodges Mayham Miller

C'mon, dude...do you really think he "dodged" Mayhem? Mayhem is a HUUUUUUGE step down in competition. Diaz would've pitter pattered the shit out of him. Think BJ vs. Diaz only worse.
Twenty20Dollars
7/28/12 12:49:27PM
I mean Diaz hasn't really earned a shot against Silva.

Whining and complaining won't get you are title shot either or a fight against Silva, as Bisping found out.
airkerma
7/28/12 1:21:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by LuckyCharms

C'mon, dude...do you really think he "dodged" Mayhem? Mayhem is a HUUUUUUGE step down in competition. Diaz would've pitter pattered the shit out of him. Think BJ vs. Diaz only worse.

I don't know if he was concerned at the possibility of losing or not, but he wouldn't take the fight at 183, and obviously not at 185. He wouldn't make the move to MW to fight Miller, but now he's ready to fight at MW against Silva? It just doesn't quite add up imo.
edit: on that note however, instead of gifting him an automatic shot at Silva, they should bring Miller back and make this fight as Diaz' "Faber/KenFlo fight" and have him fight Silva after that. With the bad blood between Miller and Diaz they could probably sell a good amount of tickets and then marginally justify the Silva Diaz fight.
Manak
7/28/12 1:35:34PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by LuckyCharms

You could say the same thing about anderson cause this is a step down for him. fighting a guy to have held a belt outside the UFC and a lower WC who then couldn't handle the pressure of the big leagues... this fight would look like franklin/silva 2. everyone who has tried to strike with anderson has been finished in devastating fashion esp guys who come forward. nick won't have the reach or speed adv which is what nick uses the most in his stand up. if anderson is fighting I want to see him against the top guys at MW, which i don't think nick can take any of the top guys. i would rather see gsp or anderson move up in weight over nick. diaz should stick to WW n try to get his head on right and see if can make run for that title.
bjj1605
7/28/12 2:40:18PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by emfleek

Posted by LuckyCharms

I don't know if he was concerned at the possibility of losing or not, but he wouldn't take the fight at 183, and obviously not at 185. He wouldn't make the move to MW to fight Miller, but now he's ready to fight at MW against Silva? It just doesn't quite add up imo.
edit: on that note however, instead of gifting him an automatic shot at Silva, they should bring Miller back and make this fight as Diaz' "Faber/KenFlo fight" and have him fight Silva after that. With the bad blood between Miller and Diaz they could probably sell a good amount of tickets and then marginally justify the Silva Diaz fight.

He's not willing to risk a fight at MW against a guy without a lot of name recognition but he'd be willing to fight at MW if it meant challenging the Greatest of All Time...how does that not make sense?
ghandikush
7/28/12 2:44:12PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by airkerma

Posted by emfleek

Posted by LuckyCharms

He's not willing to risk a fight at MW against a guy without a lot of name recognition but he'd be willing to fight at MW if it meant challenging the Greatest of All Time...how does that not make sense?

Everyone knows this doesnt make a lot of sense rankingwise, but monetarily and hypewise everyone wants to see fearless Diaz fight Silva.
george112
7/28/12 3:22:33PM
A big reason this fight is so appealing is Nicks attitude in the cage.

Silva is no stranger to "taunting" or acting cocky in the cage. But at the same time neither is Nick

2 guys who aren't scared and 1 who especially likes to brawl. What more could you ask for.

Id rather watch a fight that is more likely to result in some serious good standup. Then a fight where one is good at standup and the others main goal is to get that fighter down and kind of lay on him while throwing punches
Poor_Franklin
7/28/12 4:25:59PM
If this happens, then the UFC will prove that title shots do not have to be earned. Diaz losing his last fight & failing his drug test do not warrant a shot at the MW champ & p4p best.
I would not be opposed to him fighting an immediate contender for a title shot, but i hate the thought of him getting a shot right off his LOSS to a guy that's not even as good as GSP, a dude Nick should be begging for, not dodging.

edit:
UFC loves Hype & Nick Diaz is all drama & hype so I do understand why some people want to see it. I just think it is very undeserved.
It would be nice to see it, so when he loses, we can figure out who he is going to blame.
ghandikush
7/28/12 4:28:34PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

If this happens, then the UFC will prove that title shots do not have to be earned. Diaz losing his last fight & failing his drug test do not warrant a shot at the MW champ & p4p best.
I would not be opposed to him fighting an immediate contender for a title shot, but i hate the thought of him getting a shot right off his LOSS to a guy that's not even as good as GSP, a dude Nick should be begging for, not dodging.

I see what you mean, maybe a throwback to Pride with a non title fight, just wish it could count for Silvas title defense stats

I think if people really want the MW picture cleared up let Silva take on Diaz in non title, I am juicy for this fight. We all know Diaz will fail against Chael or any other wrestler at MW
emfleek
7/28/12 4:29:06PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

edit:
UFC loves Hype & Nick Diaz is all drama & hype so I do understand why some people want to see it. I just think it is very undeserved.
It would be nice to see it, so when he loses, we can figure out who he is going to blame.

Nick said he'll fight him at catchweight, meaning the title won't even be on the line. Unless Anderson wants Diaz to go to 185, it won't be a title fight.

EDIT: Or maybe it will. Fuck I'm confusing myself.

Nothing to see here. Carry on...
deck15
7/28/12 4:33:17PM
I think most of you are missing the point hes really making. He will be back around the time gsp comes back and he has a fight with Condit. Therefore he wants his first fight back to be fir a title and knows it will 6 months to a yr before he would even get a shot at gsp.
ghandikush
7/28/12 4:44:26PM

Posted by deck15

I think most of you are missing the point hes really making. He will be back around the time gsp comes back and he has a fight with Condit. Therefore he wants his first fight back to be fir a title and knows it will 6 months to a yr before he would even get a shot at gsp.

No way in hell it'll be for a middleweight title I think. I'm willing to bet Diaz would rather fight MW fighters anyway considering he'll get taken out by Condits superior strategy and GSP's wrestling. Rory would probably win too.

Diaz vs Kos or Hendricks would be fun but we would probably rather see Anderson get a tough fearless test from a ghetto cardio machine.
infestructure
7/29/12 12:51:33AM

Posted by george112
Id rather watch a fight that is more likely to result in some serious good standup. Then a fight where one is good at standup and the others main goal is to get that fighter down and kind of lay on him while throwing punches

^^^ This times a million ^^^
Manak
7/29/12 4:10:12AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by george112

well by this logic lets throw in leben/franklin some more times y not even bisping too . no one can stand with anderson. I'm sorry its just not gonna happen, 1st rd Ko are awesome but when its comes to the best ever i want to see challenges not easy wins. he either needs to go lhw permanently or wait till the #1 contender gets more clear not just take any fight.
BigBadAl
7/29/12 6:31:39AM
I hope Nick and his boys jump Silva in the cage like they did Mayhem.

Melendez Shields Diaz and Diaz within 20 seconds.

With a little help from Sensei Segal
george112
7/29/12 8:08:34AM

Posted by Manak

Posted by infestructure

Posted by george112

well by this logic lets throw in leben/franklin some more times y not even bisping too . no one can stand with anderson. I'm sorry its just not gonna happen, 1st rd Ko are awesome but when its comes to the best ever i want to see challenges not easy wins. he either needs to go lhw permanently or wait till the #1 contender gets more clear not just take any fight.

Well Nick imo IS better then all of the guys you just posted in the striking department so yeah......also Silva has already beat all of them too . Cept for bisping. But then again a bisping fight could be good. He's definitely not gonna go for a takedown

So your saying you would pass up a knockout???;

I wouldn't
Aether
7/29/12 8:24:30AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

edit:

Nick said he'll fight him at catchweight, meaning the title won't even be on the line. Unless Anderson wants Diaz to go to 185, it won't be a title fight.

EDIT: Or maybe it will. Fuck I'm confusing myself.

Nothing to see here. Carry on...

I don't think Dana would allow a fight like this to take place at catchweight. Even if Silva is a lock, it's such a bad look when a champion loses a non-title fight, I don't think Dana would ever risk that possibility. Diaz would almost certainly have to move to 185 IMO.
LightsOUT23
7/29/12 5:15:03PM
I think the real headline was this ... " Nick Diaz smokes too much weed, then asks his brother Nate if they are real brothers or was Nate the one who was adopted" ??
Bubbles
8/1/12 12:22:49AM

Posted by crushedbacon

clearly the next step is a MW title fight... especially when you have zero fights at MW in the UFC.

Worked for Belfort
hymiekooken
8/1/12 7:29:19PM
I think this is just Nick talkin smack and trying to get a fight that he clearly doesnt deserve. If he wants to move to MW, put him in there with a top contender first. Sonnen would grind him out for 3 rounds, Palahares would do the same, he may do ok against Bisping, he and Belfort would be an exciting stand up fight. Nick is a good fighter, but nowhere near Anderson's level. It would be entertaining to watch Anderson whoop his ass though. We would definitely hear Diaz announce his retirement yet again if he does worm his way into a fight with Silva.
Wolfenstein
8/2/12 12:55:59AM
He can't just jump straight up to a big bout with Silva, but MW could be exciting.

Match him up well, with Bisping, Belfort or Belcher...maybe keep him away from the Chael Sonnen's and Okami's of the world and we could see it happen.
Boo_Radley21
8/2/12 1:07:37AM
Wow Diaz would get mauled by Silva. The only beating I'd rather see would be GSP vs Diaz. Please let him get embarassed
Pages: 1 [2]