Nick Diaz 'Ready To Get Back In The Cage' According To Cesar Gracie, Wants Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz 'Ready To Get Back In The Cage' According To Cesar Gracie, Wants Anderson Silva
Next Page »
FastKnockout
7/27/12 7:32:59PM
Yesterday it was announced that there would be a major announcement on the future of Nick Diaz on the Gracie Fighter website and that announcement has just been made. According to Cesar Gracie, despite Diaz's previous claims that he was retiring from the sport, a decision made in anger following a decision loss to Carlos Condit and reinforced by his subsequent suspension for marijuana metabolites being in his system that same fight, Diaz will return to the cage. Gracie also made it clear that they're hunting big game.

From the announcement:

This week we had a great talk and he made it clear to me that he is ready to get back to the cage. Nick Diaz will return.

To address the NSAC suspension, I will say that we have appealed to the courts and if things go our way, it will be plausible that Nick could return as early as sometime at the end of this year.

LINK
lohmann
7/27/12 7:35:00PM

He will respectfully ask for a fight with Anderson Silva, a fighter he respects and would like to challenge.

Silva's camp has been speaking of a fight with GSP, possibly even at a catch weight. Nick will take that fight in a minute but has told me that should Silva decide not to drop at all, he will move up to 185lbs to face the Champ.

Sounds fun.

(Everyone wants that Anderson Silva payday these days though.)
Poor_Franklin
7/27/12 7:41:44PM
why wouldnt nick want to fight GSP?
hashyandy4
7/27/12 7:51:36PM
I would luv to see Nick fight Anderson or GSP
tcunningham
7/27/12 7:58:39PM
i would like to see any of these fights. diaz vs silva is pretty interesting. we all want to see GSP vs silva but i just dont see that happening, GSP has got alot of work at his own weight class.
Aether
7/27/12 8:02:35PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

why wouldnt nick want to fight GSP?

Probably because Diaz has always had trouble with wrestlers. Maybe he thinks he found some holes in Silva's game, but I would guess that he would just way rather face a striker than a powerful wrestler.
crushedbacon
7/27/12 8:36:17PM
Oh ya, coming off a loss @ WW, clearly the next step is a MW title fight... especially when you have zero fights at MW in the UFC. Love to see Diaz vs Silva as much as the next guy... But I wonder what Weidman, Belcher, Belfort, Boetsch, Bisping etc think of that. Who does Diaz think he is? Brock Lesnar?
LuckyCharms
7/27/12 8:44:06PM
Come on, Nick dodges Mayham Miller saying that he doesn't fight at Middleweight and tells Miller to cut WW, knowing that Miller couldn't make that weight. Now MW is possible for Nick Diaz.

I want Nick Vs. Miller after Silva has his fun with Nick
SamPan
7/27/12 8:49:14PM
Volume punching doesn't work against targets you can't hit
Manak
7/27/12 8:57:07PM
so he calls out GSP then retires then decides to come back, move to MW where the is no GSP & he called out miller but wouldn't fight at MW. now that miller is gone he is going to MW??? don't be scared homie.

and what has he ever done to warrant a fight anderson or for even that matter gsp.. his biggest win to date is over a bj penn who is at the tail end of his career and went up in weight class to fight nick. I don't get the hype with this guy

meier
7/27/12 9:01:17PM
Nick diaz vs cung le or rich franklin
george112
7/27/12 9:01:21PM
Nick vs Silva would be badass imo

Nick isn't going to fall into the intimidation that Silva permeates. Chael paved the way.
tallica62
7/27/12 9:14:32PM
I'd like to see Diaz fight anyone...
sparky
7/27/12 9:15:00PM

Nick wants to fight anyone that is going to get him paid its as simple as that
Kpro
7/27/12 9:22:25PM

Posted by sparky

Nick wants to fight anyone that is going to get him paid its as simple as that

Considering Nick Diaz is trending #1 on Twitter above even the Olympics that just started today, he'll get his money.
infestructure
7/27/12 11:00:51PM
Anderson would destroy Diaz.

I like both fighters, and the idea of them fighting. But I think it's a bad matchup for Diaz
prophecy033
7/27/12 11:17:26PM
When thinking about Silva v Diaz think Diaz v Penn with Silva being Diaz and Diaz being Penn
lohmann
7/27/12 11:24:23PM

Posted by george112

Nick isn't going to fall into the intimidation that Silva permeates. Chael paved the way.

Silva is going to fear Diaz's double leg all night long, man.

A more apt description would be Franklin and Leben paved the way. Diaz is probably better than both fighters (and he is definitely better than Leben) but moving forward so you can brawl with Anderson Silva is a clinch sentence.
aussiemma
7/27/12 11:27:31PM
cant think of a more fun fight then this.
Twenty20Dollars
7/27/12 11:29:42PM
I hope Bisping doesn't hear about this.

GSP said he still wants Diaz.
Poor_Franklin
7/27/12 11:52:30PM
let GSP beat him first, then let Anderson beat him if he still wants to fight him
ghandikush
7/28/12 12:55:02AM
I cant think of too many more interesting fights. I believe Silva would knock Diaz the fuck out but theres noone more fearless than Diaz and more physically capable, mark those words homie.
george112
7/28/12 12:56:47AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by george112

Silva is going to fear Diaz's double leg all night long, man.

A more apt description would be Franklin and Leben paved the way. Diaz is probably better than both fighters (and he is definitely better than Leben) but moving forward so you can brawl with Anderson Silva is a clinch sentence.

I said Chael because he is the only one who could take Silva down consistently. But your right diaz imo is better.
bjj1605
7/28/12 1:00:01AM
I'd love to see this fight.

Props to Diaz. This guy "wants to be a f***ing fighter."

Calling out the greatest of all time takes some balls. I'd love to see him fight GSP as well.
prozacnation1978
7/28/12 1:41:51AM
Diaz will sell tickets.
I do think he should face weidman first for title shot
Sir_Karl
7/28/12 1:53:33AM
Diaz is one seriously crazy and absolutely hilarious wingnut.....but that's why he rules.
jae_1833
7/28/12 2:27:10AM
Really, neither fight is good for Diaz.....GSP is heartless and would wrestle an easy win out of him, and Anderson's movement and percision striking would leave his face a bloody cut up mess. Diaz is a personal and fan favorite.....but he will never be a Champion in the UFC. At MW all the wrestlers would grind him out, he has a much better shot at WW but only if it is a division that lacks GSP IMO.
OnyxShadow
7/28/12 3:09:13AM
Anderson via KO round 3 in the most exciting and closely contested fight of his career!

Except it won't ever happen. What a shame...
fonduktoe
7/28/12 4:19:10AM
even though the ufc would have a tough time making this match up sound legit i would pay for it in a heart beat. diaz vs. anyone interests me. diaz vs best striker in the world who doesn't wrestle? i'm in. sorry everyone that deserves the title shot more. just talking from the heart.
Adrenaline
7/28/12 6:34:16AM
Make it happen. I would love nothing more than to watch Diaz try dropping his hands and doing that mean mugging/taunting shit to Anderson. He would eat a 10 shot combo and a kick to the teeth before he could say "don't be sc......zzzzzzzz"

Big fan of Diaz's style so I would watch him fight anyone but he needs to get his head straight and focus on the WW division. He couldn't handle the pressure of fighting GSP, are we supposed to believe that he would actually keep his shit together long enough to fight Anderson?

Pages: [1] 2