Nick Diaz Post Pride 33 Interview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nick Diaz Post Pride 33 Interview
madmarck
2/27/07 9:34:06AM
Click Here

Its a pretty good interview. Diaz drops the F-bomb before every comment. You can tell he is worn out.
Northrend
2/27/07 1:43:00PM
Man his eye looked preety crazy after the fight, but who cares he won.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/27/07 1:43:40PM
"the little guy..he was doing some crazy karate shit in there...hes doing some crazy super punch sh!t"...he's an excellent little boxer for a little Japanese guy"he's fuckin doing some haduken fuckin punch".."luckily i choked the little F#cker!"

and keeps a serious face the whole time..

in the rematch he says he knows he wont be caught with any "ducking his head down and landing those looping punches"

i really hope Diaz gets the attention he deserves
Diaz by KO or Sub. 1st round(10 min)
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/27/07 1:54:59PM
i'll bet all my 140 dollars lol that Gomi wins rematch.
madmarck
2/27/07 1:57:49PM
man bettin on this fight again will be hard for me. I lost a lot of dough on this one. If it happens again i will prob bet on Diaz....... then Gomi will win.
shackle
2/27/07 1:59:09PM
man you will defend gomi till death lol.

He lost ... face it. Gassing out isn't a excuse sorry try again.

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/27/07 2:10:17PM

Posted by shackle

man you will defend gomi till death lol.

He lost ... face it. Gassing out isn't a excuse sorry try again.

LOL yes I will Gomi is my hero!
bayonetxwork
2/27/07 2:59:20PM

I can obviously see why your down to 140.
Diaz wins that fight 9 times out of 10.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/27/07 3:05:32PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

I basically betted all my money on Silva and Gomi lol.
madmarck
2/27/07 3:06:34PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

I know the feeling. I put a nice bit on misaki too.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/27/07 3:16:31PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by bayonetxwork

I went from $590 to $140.
Thalzaar
2/27/07 4:02:14PM
I've always respected Diaz's skills. He's a very good fighter who's had some tough breaks. He always puts up a fight no matter what. I think Gomi definately underestimated Diaz and came in thinking he would 1 punch KO him. The Fireball kid looked more like a snowball kid that evening. I say next fight between those 2 will definately be just as exciting and hopefully Gomi will not take it so lightly. I still say it's a 50/50 split between those two. Going to be fun to watch for sure.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/27/07 4:02:26PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by bayonetxwork

im a huge online poker fan,and 1 thing i have learned is never use your whole bankroll on 1 tournament...same here....only use about 30-40% of my bankroll on each event...if i would of used up my whole bankroll both past events,i would of had like 2,200k..but i could of easily lost it all too
ManBeast
2/27/07 4:29:45PM
it's crazy how much damage gomi did to diaz with just those few punches, I mean I knew he was a decent boxer but dayum.

is it true that diaz had his orbital bone broken in that fight?
uhlsc
2/27/07 4:39:09PM
Diaz fought smart and gomi looked sub-par end of story can you imagine his post fight interview in the ring when he fights in japan for the first time the reserved japanese fans wont know what to think whne he starts dropping the f- bomb repeatedly
scoozna
2/27/07 5:54:07PM
There's no doubt that Diaz started that second round pumped and Gomi was just trying to stay alive.

Then to win by gogoplata....it doesn't get any better than that.
loller90278
2/27/07 7:54:34PM
will bet all my money on gomi next fight.

first person to believe diaz will win and wager me will face the consequences! (all my money vs your $200, fair deal??)
hathcock32
2/27/07 8:06:46PM
Gomi got dominated in that fight. What makes you think he would beat him in a rematch. If he didnt have superstar status he woulden't deserve a rematch he got his ass whooped. He caught diaz with 1 good shot. Gomi looked rocked for half the fight. Diaz will work on his boxing and finish the deal with a KO
loller90278
2/27/07 8:17:40PM
gomi has an iron chin and diaz has weak punches, so i throw being DAZED for the whole fight out of the question altogether

if it was his conditioning, partying in vegas, not taking diaz too seriously, or bein sick, (or rumored having one finger broken on his right hand), then he'll fix that for the next fight

gomi in this fight to me was about 40% hes a very accurate puncher and lightning fast when hes on his game. and ps, i wouldn't say DOMINATED.. the damage can be seen on the faces of the fighters ( i dont use that an excuse, the gogopalata was sick as hell, nice quick transition)
Trapt1nw0nder
2/28/07 7:18:36PM

Posted by loller90278

gomi has an iron chin and diaz has weak punches, so i throw being DAZED for the whole fight out of the question altogether

if it was his conditioning, partying in vegas, not taking diaz too seriously, or bein sick, (or rumored having one finger broken on his right hand), then he'll fix that for the next fight

gomi in this fight to me was about 40% hes a very accurate puncher and lightning fast when hes on his game. and ps, i wouldn't say DOMINATED.. the damage can be seen on the faces of the fighters ( i dont use that an excuse, the gogopalata was sick as hell, nice quick transition)

Gomi had no reason to gas that quickly.....Gomi is not an idiot,he's not gonna be partying in vegas before his USA debut to get noticed in America
..of course he took Diaz seriously,he knew Diaz was the better striker from the get-go,why do you think he made a gameplan of taking Diaz down right when the fight started?

and even if he had a broken finger,it doesnt matter,cuz he was still landing brutal punches with bad intentions the whole fight...its not like if he was holding back punches because his hand was hurt

Gomi was dazed in the first round,Diaz has heavy hands and landing on Gomi's chin the whole first round....try taking 40 hooks,uppercuts to the chin and Jabs to the nose(even by a 12 year old) and tell me if you wouldnt be rocked.........

Gomi looked fine at Round 2 when it came to conditioning so if he was really that gassed after round 1 there is no way he would of recoved that fast
ac_gi
3/1/07 3:14:10AM

Posted by loller90278

will bet all my money on gomi next fight.

first person to believe diaz will win and wager me will face the consequences! (all my money vs your $200, fair deal??)

Look me up. I'm your huckleberry.
CWall33
3/1/07 8:07:15AM
Diaz is probably my favorite fighter, and I didn't pick him. Read too much into the stats and reputation and didn't go with my gut. I caught myself several times screaming at the TV for Diaz to K Gomi TFO at the end of the first.

Going with the gut from now on. Reputation be damned!

Rematch: Diaz, 2nd round sub, again.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/1/07 2:13:20PM

Posted by CWall33

Diaz is probably my favorite fighter, and I didn't pick him. Read too much into the stats and reputation and didn't go with my gut. I caught myself several times screaming at the TV for Diaz to K Gomi TFO at the end of the first.

Im a Gomi fan (obvious look at my name) but I bet on Diaz because I knew Gomi's cocky attitude would translate into him not taking Diaz seriously. Plus watching the Gomi pre fight interviews and sherdog rumors Gomi didnt prepare for this fight really at all and Diaz worked him. IMO i think gomi can eek out a decision win (split) in their next bout but I wouldnt be entirely suprised to see Diaz ko or sub him
JoeMimic
3/1/07 2:30:19PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by CWall33

Im a Gomi fan (obvious look at my name) but I bet on Diaz because I knew Gomi's cocky attitude would translate into him not taking Diaz seriously. Plus watching the Gomi pre fight interviews and sherdog rumors Gomi didnt prepare for this fight really at all and Diaz worked him. IMO i think gomi can eek out a decision win (split) in their next bout but I wouldnt be entirely suprised to see Diaz ko or sub him

I agree with your thoughts on their 2nd fight; I think Gomi will probably win next time but I too wouldn't be suprised if Nick pulled it out. I think the next fight will be a war like the first but if they fight in Japan where Gomi and use stomps and soccer kicks it could be a totally different story.
madmarck
3/1/07 3:22:28PM

I went from $750 to $330.
DavidLee
3/1/07 8:08:23PM
That was a pretty funny interview. Diaz was messed up. But he is a tough SOB. He took a beating early in the first round but came out of it. I guess the nerves had calmed down.
Brick
3/2/07 7:25:04PM
I say Gomi knocks Diaz out next fight. I'm not a particular fan of either fighter, so I think I'm giving an unbiased opinion. As crappy as Gomi looked, and as gassed and worthless as he was at the end of that first round, at some point he managed to jack up Diaz pretty good. If he learns his lesson and comes ready to play next time, I think we'll see a different result. Then again, I think Diaz will have more respect for Gomi's standup, and may go for the takedown as opposed to the "Lawler taunt" stance, so he may come improved as well. Still a tough one to call.

By the way...the gogoplata? Are you kidding me? Among my favorite fight finishes of all time...he had that locked in way before Gomi even realized he was in any danger. Props to Diaz, although his post fight interview reinforced why everyone thinks he is an a-hole. Must you refer to your opponent as "that little f***er"? lol.