Nick Diaz still not playing the game, no shows press conference

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz still not playing the game, no shows press conference
emfleek
9/6/11 3:43:44PM
In April Dana offered the opion that Nick Diaz could be making big money, could be fighting GSP, if only he would play the game.

“When I listen to Nick Diaz talk, you know, this kid’s talented, he’s well-rounded, I like his attitude and the way that he carries himself…to a point.

"He always crosses the line every time he gets out there and talks publicly and…he can be such a big star. This kid could be a big star if he would just calm down a little bit and not so be so angry with everybody."

"Nick has this talent and he talks about the big money and all the other things. He can make this big money. He can do that. He can be that guy. He could fight GSP. He could have all these opportunities. He’s got to tone it down a little bit, you know, and I don’t think that many people out there would disagree with me.

"I’m not asking Nick Diaz not to be Nick Diaz. I like Nick Diaz. I like the way he is and it’s part of the appeal of him, you know. But you gotta tone it down just a little bit…if we could get Nick to a point where he doesn’t cross the line and he doesn’t get so crazy all the time, he could be a big star. People like him. And people dislike him, too. That’s not a bad thing.”

Now Diaz is fighting GSP, but he is still apparently not playing the game, as reported by the Winnipeg Free Press.

LINK
FastKnockout
9/6/11 3:50:08PM
"He’s got to tone it down a little bit, you know, and I don’t think that many people out there would disagree with me.

I think there would be a lot of people who disagree. Diaz has an edge to him, and people love it. It's the reason he has all his fans.
Twenty20Dollars
9/6/11 4:57:44PM
Who cares if he's not there.

I wouldn't want to hear him talk. Nor would I want to hear GSP talk either.

I just need them to fight, not talk.
prophecy033
9/6/11 5:03:24PM
That's one way to get on Dana's bad side, although I could care less. Like $20 said, I just need them to punch eachother in the mouth
pmoney
9/6/11 5:44:33PM
Nick clearly does not give a ****. That's why he's my boy!
BeeR
9/6/11 6:43:35PM
there are many fighter in the UFC who have way shi**ier attitudes then Nick Diaz.
I dont mind the way he carries himself professionally, except for the whole homeboy thug persona thing he portrays, other then that... WAR Nick!!!
prophecy033
9/6/11 6:48:28PM

Posted by BeeR

there are many fighter in the UFC who have way shi**ier attitudes then Nick Diaz.
I dont mind the way he carries himself professionally, except for the whole homeboy thug persona thing he portrays, other then that... WAR Nick!!!

I'm from the country so I'm not down with the whole "gangsta gangsta" thing either.
MaxOne
9/6/11 7:03:54PM

Posted by BeeR

Who?
Aether
9/6/11 7:23:46PM

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by BeeR

Who?

I can't think of a person that I've met in my entire life with a shittier attitude, let alone a UFC fighter.
emfleek
9/6/11 9:56:14PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by BeeR

Who?

I can't think of a person that I've met in my entire life with a shittier attitude, let alone a UFC fighter.

Agreed.
sbulldavid
9/6/11 10:51:38PM
Diaz is far from the worst guy in the world, he does things his way so be it.
Sir_Karl
9/7/11 12:09:50AM
Diaz is Diaz, love him or hate him. He is who he is and I don't think anyone is going to change him. Nick has been one of my favorites since his first UFC fight way back when. He is real. He is himself. He isn't the most articulate dude, nor is he the most pleasant person but he is a product of the environment he grew up in. You can't overlook that fact or diminish the relevancy of it either. Personally I think he is absolutely hilarious. His interviews are pure comedy. He is definitely
"out there" though...and that is what is funny. I am so psyched to see hm waste GSP and become the new UFC Welterweight Champion though. I am a GSP fan as well but Nick is definitely my favorite 170lber. I actually would like to see a press conference with Nick and GSP....that would be some seriously funny stuff. The verbal exchanges between the French Canadian Robot and the Ghetto Space Cadet would be priceless. Like I mentioned earlier....you can love him or hate him,but Nick Diaz will be the next UFC WW Champ. I don't see how GSP can beat him. I think Nick will pick him apart on their feet leaving GSP a ugly, bloody mess and on the ground I see Nick slappin' a choke or triangle on and GSP tappin'. I can't wait.
Scumbag760
9/7/11 2:24:44AM
Yeah I didn't like him at first because of his 'gangster' attitude. He obviously has issues, be it anger or insecurity, but he's a badass fighter...you can't deny the guy.

That being said I want to see him man the **** up and fight Mayhem already.
emfleek
9/7/11 8:47:26AM
The whole "product of the environment he grew up in" argument cracks me up. That argument may fly until a guy is about 19 or 20 but, at some point, growing up is a must. Growing up in the ghetto doesn't automatically earn you a pass to be a douchebag whether you're a fighter, musician, actor, whatever. Growing up...it's part of being an adult.

And with that...I hope Diaz whoops GSP.

bjj1605
9/7/11 10:51:33PM
I enjoyed seeing how all the people defending Diaz's attitude are quite now that he flaked out of the fight.
sbulldavid
9/7/11 11:35:28PM
Couldn't see him winning the fight any way.