Nick Diaz and KJ Noons will not fight on July 26

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz and KJ Noons will not fight on July 26
SmileR
6/23/08 10:46:59PM
MMAmania.com has just learned that Nick Diaz will not fight Elite XC Lightweight Champion KJ Noons on the next CBS show entitled “Unfinished Business,” which is slated for July 26.

The match up appeared to be all but guaranteed — Noons and Diaz were involved in a post-fight tussle at the “Return of the King” show earlier this month after Noons defended his 160-pound title against Yves Edwards. Diaz was invited in to the ring to discuss a rematch with Noons and the entire situation descended into chaos rather quickly.

Noons defeated Diaz via technical knockout (cuts) at Elite XC: “Renegade” back in November 2007. It was a decision that did not sit well with the volatile Diaz and the smack talk has escalated ever since.

Recent speculation has the July 26 CBS show headed for Stockton, Calif., which is where Diaz calls home. He’ll likely still compete on the card, considering it’s possibly in his backyard and his scheduled fight against Hayuto “Mach” Sakurai for the Dream welterweight title fight on July 21 (just five days prior to “Saturday Night Fights”) was recently scrapped because of contractual obligations with Pro Elite (the Elite XC parent company).

Stay tuned for more details on this developing story.

Link
gartface
6/23/08 11:15:27PM
Who cares? Jake Shields vs. Nick Thompson!
tarantula
6/23/08 11:16:09PM
Well thats a load of crap, not only does Diaz get screwed out of his Dream title shot. But then Elite puts him in the cage to bark at Noons and don't give him a title shot against him either??? BOGUS!!!!! Sure Diaz has attitude but for reasons like this. Why did they even invite him in the ring after Noon's fight then?? It just don't make sense, he should at least get one of those title shots.
Sam_Rothstein
6/23/08 11:30:09PM
Yah i figured this fight was not gonna happen. They just didnt wan't him fighting sakurai in another organization
jae_1833
6/24/08 12:07:02AM

WTF.....poor management on Diaz's part....talk about screwing a guy out of some $$$ and out of his reputation. Why didn't his managers consider the fact that they were scheduling him for 2 fights within a week???? I would think that the Noons rematch would be better for him right now (if he wins) than the fight in Japan. If your successful in America then you'll most likely be successful in the rest of the world too.
Mchubb316
6/24/08 1:02:15AM
Boo, EliteXC
MMAcca
6/24/08 1:06:11AM
Maybe his behavior after the Noons fight is the reason he's not getting a title shot July 26 ?
kaskd
6/24/08 4:19:42AM
Elite XC is out of control. They are turning into WWE and bringing mma backwards from what it was trying to get out of. And wtf was Diaz's manager thinking?
Pookie
6/24/08 4:28:04AM
is it just me or does this article give no reason as to why?

Hopefully its something legitimate like an injury, and not noons trying again to not fight diaz.
DCRage
6/24/08 6:39:24AM
Memo to Dana White: Resign Nick ASAP. Never should've let him go.
SmileR
6/24/08 7:24:26AM

Posted by DCRage

Memo to Dana White: Resign Nick ASAP. Never should've let him go.

I'll second that!
We should start a petition thread!
Chuteboxer
6/24/08 9:26:47AM
Another big title fight scheduled by the Elite only to be postponed. This is why I won't be watching anything they do in the future....this is ridiculous.
jocka
6/24/08 10:18:30AM
lol is it definitly ashame i love Nick Diaz either give him his EliteXC Titlle shot or Dana please resign him :)
moob
6/24/08 11:04:40AM

Posted by MMAcca

Maybe his behavior after the Noons fight is the reason he's not getting a title shot July 26 ?

I agree - he acted like a 5 yr old.
prozacnation1978
6/24/08 11:42:54AM
i doubt a month beofre a title fight would give them both to properly train
Pookie
6/24/08 12:38:21PM

Posted by moob

Posted by MMAcca

Wasnt it Noons' father that started the altercation by trying to attack Nate Diaz?
moob
6/24/08 2:01:22PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by moob

Posted by MMAcca

Wasnt it Noons' father that started the altercation by trying to attack Nate Diaz?

I don't think we saw enough of it to determine 'who started it' - but let's face it - running up the ramp with your brother by your sides and giving them the finger was hardly the actions of a professional.
MMAcca
6/24/08 5:27:30PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by moob

Posted by MMAcca

I thought it was nate throwing a punch at Noons' father ?