Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons for EliteXC 160lbs title

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Nick Diaz vs KJ Noons for EliteXC 160lbs title
pv3Hpv3p
10/12/07 3:36:19PM
Didn't see much about this, but it looks like they're fighting on November 10th for the new 160lbs title...

Sorry if it's a repost, didn't search around too dilligently...

Thoughts?

SOURCE (The article's mostly about Kimbo, but they mention Diaz/Noons towards the end)
fedorwins1
10/12/07 3:50:48PM
Wow, kinda an easy fight for Diaz. He finally gets to hold a title....
NatedawgThaM
10/12/07 3:54:52PM
WAR DIAZ!!! KHTFO!!!!

Nick will rule the 160lbs division...That would be funny if he did win the title because then he can say he's P4P the best in Elite XC since he knocked out the MW champ...

WAR DIAZ!!!

loonytnt
10/12/07 4:35:58PM
Diaz is going win this one, im going be happy to see Diaz hold a belt
fedorwins1
10/12/07 4:45:26PM
Look at the fight camp all three of us are in, we're not biased at all
Stickan
10/12/07 5:46:55PM
Haha, you don't have to be biased to root for Diaz though

He wins this one by submission. He will probably dwarf KJ too. Should be entertaining though.
postman
10/12/07 5:52:35PM
Yeah Diaz should win this one. I like how he hits guys like at about 85% making sure every punch hits and counts. At the end of the fight you don't really remember any hugh power punches but the guys face is all puffy and black and blue.
babalu2720
10/12/07 10:30:01PM
I think you guys are underrating Noons a little bit, I mean he is a great boxer and is becoming more well rounded, Diaz will easily outgrapple him, but I think Noons wins the feet
Trapt1nw0nder
10/12/07 10:51:25PM

Posted by babalu2720

I think you guys are underrating Noons a little bit, I mean he is a great boxer and is becoming more well rounded, Diaz will easily outgrapple him, but I think Noons wins the feet

I agree with you on this...but heart,and toughness will win this fight....I say KJ breaks first even though he is outlanding Diaz on the feet.
I am 100% sure Diaz will stand with KJ the whole fight,just because of his pride

I have KJ maybe winning 1 or 2 of the first 3 rounds,but there is no way he will last 5 rounds with Nick Diaz and win.

Diaz with a complete ass beating from head to toe UD or late 4th-5th round stoppage
NatedawgThaM
10/13/07 12:41:42AM
Lets just hope that staph infection didn't take a whole lot out of Diaz like conditioning, speed, or power wise..

WAR DIAZ!!! KEEP THE FAITH!!!
Scott_Revels
10/13/07 6:30:20PM
I might be the only one who has this going all five rounds. I did pick Diaz to win though.
hook_tothe_body
10/14/07 2:37:14PM

Posted by postman

Yeah Diaz should win this one. I like how he hits guys like at about 85% making sure every punch hits and counts. At the end of the fight you don't really remember any hugh power punches but the guys face is all puffy and black and blue.

Yeah, man this is one of my favorite things about Diaz. How his punches don't look hard, but nine out of ten land ... jabs, straights, hooks, uppercuts ... he throws the best combinations. Jab/straight/looping left hook, and he just keeps going. If Diaz gets you up against the ropes (or cage) he just wont stop throwing combinations. He's got a great hook of the jab, and a great uppercut.

I hear so many people saying "this guy is so weak, does he not lift weights or something? Look at those punches they're like slaps!" Then, you're right, at the end of the fight his opponents face is busted up.

With most fighters if you tried to count how many punches they threw and missed, you would lose count. But with Diaz if you tried to counter how many punches he threw and connected with, you'd lose count.
hippysmacker
10/17/07 4:05:31AM
I hope Diaz just takes ot the ground quick and subs him. I think he will stand for a while though, and then finally go for the takedown and sub at the end of the second. I think he lost his last fight, and could have subbed the guy early if he wasn't trying to prove his manhood.