Nick Diaz 23 minute speed-bag

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nick Diaz 23 minute speed-bag
Kpro
3/11/13 7:52:41PM
After a 15 mile bike ride to the gym and sparring five 5 minute rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfz3_MrrxkU

My arms hurt watching this.
Budgellism
3/11/13 7:56:38PM
His cardio is ridiculous.
SmileR
3/11/13 9:01:14PM
One time while at college I got drunk and tried to crack one out. It took a lot longer than normal so I feel Diaz's pain!
Poor_Franklin
3/11/13 9:27:38PM
i feel like i got my workout today!
pmoney
3/11/13 11:18:54PM
Diaz is my hero. I can't fucking wait for Saturday!!!
aussiemma
3/12/13 4:13:44AM

Posted by pmoney

Diaz is my hero. I can't fucking wait for Saturday!!!

same.. that was impressive !
Bubbles
3/12/13 9:41:46AM
my arms hurt after 2 minutes of watching it
scoozna
3/12/13 3:26:34PM
Diaz lied the other day. He does have people bringing him water bottles. Nate brings him a water bottle at roughly 18.5 minutes in.

But seriously, holy shit. It makes me think of that TUF series where Tito was coaching and he had that guy wedge a basketball between his bicep and forearm to teach him to keep his hands up.

He's got the boxing down, he's got the BJJ down, he's got the cardio down - he's still got his hands full GSP.
Kpro
3/12/13 3:33:18PM

Posted by scoozna

He's got the boxing down, he's got the BJJ down, he's got the cardio down - he's still got his hands full GSP.

I do think if elbows weren't legal, and GSP had to posture far enough up to land full strikes, exposing himself to more subs and reversals, he'd have to play with fire or get stood up 2-3 times per round. I'd consider Diaz the favorite if not for elbows allowing George to remain busy without creating separation for the bottom fighter, thus the 10 point system with elbows favors wrestlers by far argument many fighters have, which is valid.
Chael_Sonnen
3/12/13 7:38:53PM
What??!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
prophecy033
3/14/13 2:41:36PM
That was the second time that day he spent 23 minutes on a bag of some sort
Boo_Radley21
3/14/13 11:15:58PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by scoozna

I do think if elbows weren't legal, and GSP had to posture far enough up to land full strikes, exposing himself to more subs and reversals, he'd have to play with fire or get stood up 2-3 times per round. I'd consider Diaz the favorite if not for elbows allowing George to remain busy without creating separation for the bottom fighter, thus the 10 point system with elbows favors wrestlers by far argument many fighters have, which is valid.

The funny thing is that any when theres a statement about Diaz winning it's always "if they had to come right at me" "backing up and holding should be illegal" "everyone should let me punch them and i should be the undisputed champion of the world brock lesnar where you at motherfucker"
Kpro
3/16/13 1:33:39PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Kpro

The funny thing is that any when theres a statement about Diaz winning it's always "if they had to come right at me" "backing up and holding should be illegal" "everyone should let me punch them and i should be the undisputed champion of the world brock lesnar where you at motherfucker"

Not sure if you're quoting my statement for a reason, but if you are, it's not a Diaz or GSP issue I referenced, it's an issue with MMA rules aside from those who don't like the BJJ game and activity that having to posture or pass would open up. It's a legitimate issue in MMA that won't get any sort of serious play until the sport is legal in NY.