Nick Diaz vs Katsuya Inoue added to Dream 3/ Mayhem vs Shibata to be part of MW GP

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz vs Katsuya Inoue added to Dream 3/ Mayhem vs Shibata to be part of MW GP
Playground_Samurai
5/2/08 7:58:06AM
The DREAM.3 card on May 11th has been updated with 5 fights. Many new faces will enter DREAM for this event. Maybe the biggest fight out of these newly announced is Nick Diaz vs. Former 2-time Welterweight King Of Pancrase, Katsuya Inoue

Update: Some new information, Jason Miller vs. Katsuyori Shibata will be a Middleweight GP fight and Melvin Manhoef vs. Dae Won Kim will be a reserve fight for the GP.

Link

Not sure what happened to Ralek. I heard somewhere that he was looking for more money.

Also, here's a link to the official Dream websight.
rabbit915
5/2/08 9:46:07AM
Dream's inability to keep a card together is really turning me off to the promotion as a whole.
Kpro
5/2/08 12:16:37PM
So they're fighting at a 169 catch weight. Inoue's fightfinder lists him as a MW; is he dropping for this fight to meet in the middle or has he been fighting in the WW realm for a while?
The_Grim_Reaper
5/2/08 2:01:10PM

Posted by Kpro

So they're fighting at a 169 catch weight. Inoue's fightfinder lists him as a MW; is he dropping for this fight to meet in the middle or has he been fighting in the WW realm for a while?

hes been fighting at WW for a while and is 2 time pancrase champ at WW and there WW class is from 155-170lbs
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/2/08 2:04:15PM
i loves me a good diaz fight
coldchillin
5/2/08 3:09:03PM
I may have to buy a ******' HD television just to get this channel now... Dream is starting to showcase a lot of my favorite fighters. I wish they would just give us a PPV option for those without HDNet or a HD television. Sucks I gotta spend 600 or so dollars just to watch my favorite fighters... I already hate HDNet.

I just read MMAWeekly where they say the Diaz fight will be a welterweight title elimination bout with the winner getting to Hayato "Mach" Sakurai for the championship on July 21st at Dream 5.
emfleek
5/2/08 3:43:40PM
I don't have an HD tv, but I *do* get HDNet, thanks to Verizon FiOS. The only thing is that it's pretty much in widescreen mode, which I'm totally fine with. Nothing's distorted or anything...it's just not in actual HD.
coldchillin
5/2/08 3:54:08PM

Posted by emfleek

I don't have an HD tv, but I *do* get HDNet, thanks to Verizon FiOS. The only thing is that it's pretty much in widescreen mode, which I'm totally fine with. Nothing's distorted or anything...it's just not in actual HD.

DIRECTV told me I had to have an "HD" television to get the HDNet channel... I'm going to call them back, I ask them questions about it and they act like they don't know much about it.
cmill21
5/2/08 6:44:46PM

Posted by rabbit915

Dream's inability to keep a card together is really turning me off to the promotion as a whole.

Typical Japanese. It would be very nice if they could though. I think once they get going further it will get a bit better but it's how the Japanese do business.