Nick Diaz vs. Joe Riggs II set for “Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz vs. Joe Riggs II set for “Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg”
Wolfenstein
6/29/09 10:58:04PM
Nick Diaz is expected to face off with an old rival in Joe Riggs on August 15 on the undercard of Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg.

link

Roger Gracie is also expected on the card.

link
Khaos
6/29/09 11:10:11PM
Nick wins this fight he's looked great recently, and Riggs has been in somewhat of a slump since his UFC departure.
JuggaloWarrior878
6/29/09 11:11:22PM
awesome this is the fight i was thinking of when they both won. their first fight was pretty close this time i think diaz takes it via tko
Twenty20Dollars
6/29/09 11:38:14PM
Interesting fight......of course I cant pick against Diaz. Maybe a submission this time?
Jackelope
6/29/09 11:56:23PM
Oh looooaaaardddyyy its gonna be good! These two are going to kill each other.
Sam_Rothstein
6/30/09 1:30:32AM
Lol at least Nick Diaz is fighting often. Nick by whatever he feels like doing.
crazedfan
6/30/09 1:49:03AM
I think Diaz handles business and beats Riggs fairly easily. Plus, is nobody else excited to see Roger Gracie in action again? Hopefully they'll give him a good opponent and we can really see what he's made of.
WheelchairBandit
6/30/09 2:19:40AM
How the hell is Riggs going to be able to fight on this card?He broke both his hands during the Baroni fight a few weeks back.

WB.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/30/09 5:55:47AM
jacks furiously in anticipation

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
gabe531
6/30/09 7:09:31AM

Posted by WheelchairBandit

How the hell is Riggs going to be able to fight on this card?He broke both his hands during the Baroni fight a few weeks back.

WB.

he may have been blowing smoke there, but more important and shocked that nobody had an issue with this: NICK DIAZ VS JOE RIGGS ON THE FREAKIN UNDERCARD??!!??!!??!!

i'd say diaz is top 5 in strikeforce (easily) and he gets rewarded by not being on showtime?? makes no sense.
prozacnation1978
6/30/09 8:55:55AM
i wonder if it will be at 170 or a catch weight bout
diaz will want his revenge,
Twenty20Dollars
6/30/09 11:37:26AM

Posted by gabe531

he may have been blowing smoke there, but more important and shocked that nobody had an issue with this: NICK DIAZ VS JOE RIGGS ON THE FREAKIN UNDERCARD??!!??!!??!!

i'd say diaz is top 5 in strikeforce (easily) and he gets rewarded by not being on showtime?? makes no sense.

If you click the link, on the source it says its going to be on the main card. The poster of this info prolly just made an error. Cus there is no way this would be on the undercard.
ziegler3334
6/30/09 12:26:17PM
This is a really exciting fight. Definitely makes this card for me. Diaz has been looking great lately and I'd be really surprised if Riggs pulled out another win.

I'm thinking Diaz by late sub again
breakdown5
6/30/09 12:57:53PM
I think Diaz has just gotten better since the first time they fought while Riggs appears to have stalled out. Riggs just better avoid Diaz post fight if he pulls it out, the last time didn't end well for him.
MMAcca
7/4/09 9:34:14PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Lol at least Nick Diaz is fighting often. Nick by whatever he feels like doing.

Totally agree.

Diaz is on another level to 'Diesel'. Great fight still though. These guys really hate each other!