Nick Diaz to GSP: Go ahead and take me down, then you have to deal with problems

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz to GSP: Go ahead and take me down, then you have to deal with problems
postman
3/5/13 12:06:11PM
link

Outspoken UFC Welterweight title challenger Nick Diaz has been somewhat quiet leading up to his UFC 158 fight versus Georges St-Pierre, until now. In a pre-fight interview from UFC.com, Diaz states that he is fine with GSP taking him down, because then the champion will have problems on the ground.
sparky
3/5/13 12:12:59PM

GSP will take you down and he will have no issue dealing with the problems
Sir_Karl
3/5/13 1:22:40PM

Posted by sparky

GSP will take you down and he will have no issue dealing with the problems

No issue? LMAO Sure thing pal.
thepitbull00
3/5/13 1:55:44PM
IMO opinion GSP didn't have any issue dealing with Jake Shields on the ground and I don't believe that Nick Diaz is any better than Shields is once the fight is on the mat.
Boo_Radley21
3/5/13 2:18:00PM
GSP will not be submitted by Nick Diaz. Once he gets him down he's dominating him. BJ's only success against Diaz was on the ground. GSP prison raped BJ on the ground. Don't call me out for MMAth cause this is just straight logic
scpd400
3/5/13 2:21:48PM
Thats just Diaz BS to try to keep it standing. GSP will take him down and beat the crap out of him.
BillsNewAccount
3/5/13 2:49:15PM
Nick Diaz subbed Scott Smith. GSP is just a lesser Scott Smith IMO.
Theoutlaw08
3/5/13 2:58:26PM
GSP will take him down and pound him out. If the fight stays standing GSP will pick him apart like he does everyone else. His timing, angles, patience will do for him what it does in every fight...help him win. Diaz's face will not be pretty after this fight.
OnyxShadow
3/5/13 3:33:53PM
To be fair, Nick Diaz will probably have the best chance to sub GSP off his back that GSP's faced. As good as Penn is supposed to be, it never seemed like he offered much threat of submission from the bottom. Shields is more of an "on top" grappler and couldn't get GSP down much anyway. Nick Diaz aggressively seeks subs from the bottom, and he's finished a number of good fighters off his back.

That being said, GSP is a legit BJJ black belt with sub defense that is off the charts. I don't think even Nick has much chance to sub him.
TheCatFather
3/5/13 4:23:52PM
I can't wait for this Sat. I hope it lives up to all the hype. GSP will fight smart, I just hope Diaz doesn't get discouraged and brings it to the champ. On the ground or standing it looks to be a great fight.
Poor_Franklin
3/5/13 4:38:57PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

wowzas!
BillsNewAccount
3/5/13 5:01:57PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

wowzas!

A bold proclamation indeed but you can see that no one on the board dare challenge my statement. You don't win fantasy mma checks without knowing a thing or two about a thing or two. As your mma overlord I will steer all my lowly disciples (you board dwellers) just as a shepard does a lamb.

Nick Diaz first round submission

GSP will need all the grease in the world to win this fight.
Theoutlaw08
3/5/13 5:11:24PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

wowzas!

A bold proclamation indeed but you can see that no one on the board dare challenge my statement. You don't win fantasy mma checks without knowing a thing or two about a thing or two. As your mma overlord I will steer all my lowly disciples (you board dwellers) just as a shepard does a lamb.

I didn't challenge it because it wasn't worth my time. To compare GSP and Scott Smith is completely baffling!
BillsNewAccount
3/5/13 5:13:15PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by Poor_Franklin

wowzas!

I didn't challenge it because it wasn't worth my time. To compare GSP and Scott Smith is completely baffling!

You're right Scott Smith knocked out Cung Le. GSP could never do that. It's not really fair to compare the two.
Pookie
3/5/13 5:13:29PM

Posted Billsnewaccount

Manak
3/5/13 5:14:22PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

wowzas!

i guess hell is freezing over saturday night too then

diaz has a really good sub game off his back but he hasn't subbed any elite level UFC fighter so no way he goes from only subbing sub-par guys to subbing GSP.
infestructure
3/5/13 8:34:23PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

wowzas!

mma overlord? More like teh new Kingsmasher. I suppose you will be good for a laugh - but just so you know - there is zero respect for your opinion on here, especially when you say things like GSP is a lesser Scott Smith. Improve your troll game if you want people to stop laughing at you.
Boo_Radley21
3/5/13 10:19:30PM
Hey how do I get one of those expert rememberer badges, I remember my kindergarden teachers name
Boo_Radley21
3/5/13 10:20:07PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Poor_Franklin

wowzas!

mma overlord? More like teh new Kingsmasher. I suppose you will be good for a laugh - but just so you know - there is zero respect for your opinion on here, especially when you say things like GSP is a lesser Scott Smith. Improve your troll game if you want people to stop laughing at you.

He lured you in. Shame
bjj1605
3/6/13 12:46:30AM

I'm pretty sure this is a joke.....

I hope this is a joke....
Poor_Franklin
3/6/13 4:50:45AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Hey how do I get one of those expert rememberer badges, I remember my kindergarden teachers name

Ms Nancy & Ms Mary Ann!!!!!!! I want one too!
infestructure
3/6/13 2:56:57PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by infestructure

Posted by Poor_Franklin

wowzas!

He lured you in. Shame

edit- I realised I didnt have anything nice to say.
bootyclause
3/6/13 3:06:38PM
its pretty uncommon in the modern age at welterweight and lower (where the most evolution has taken place) that any top 10ish guys get submitted from the guy on the bottom. I'd say there's a 1% chance Nick wins that way.

Nick is gonna be on the bottom for 25 minutes and the only worrying will be Dana when he hears 24 minutes of booing and Nick flipping the bird at the camera and crying to the ref all night.

Poor_Franklin
3/6/13 6:56:22PM

Posted by bootyclause

the only worrying will be Dana when he hears 24 minutes of booing and Nick flipping the bird at the camera and crying to the ref all night.

booing GSP in Montreal?