Nick Diaz and Georges St-Pierre, just my 2cents

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Nick Diaz and Georges St-Pierre, just my 2cents
POLL: just curious which fighter has more fans on this site
Diaz fan 34% (13)
GSP fan 66% (25)
mentalcase
12/21/12 11:20:06PM
nick is a true fighter by the definition of the word he goes out to finish (excellent bjj and boxing skills) and not afraid to put it all on the line

gsp since the serrra ko has turned in to a points fighter (excellent wrestling and defensive jab skills) and he normally just fights safe to never put him self in danger by using hes superior wrestling to control the fight and stay safe

nick has only been finish once and he avenged the lost by stopping jeremy jackson twice (tko cut dont count)

gsp has been finished twice, and has avenged both losses

nick has a real personality he says whats on his mind

gsp says what people want to hear

nick fought fire with fire against paul daley (and lawler back in the day) and koed them both, even tho he has far Superior ground skills

gsp coudnt finish dan hardy in 5 rounds (with an armbar fully locked in at one stage)
while Journeymen chris lytle subed him in 3

george112
12/21/12 11:28:30PM
gsp takes it via control

FastKnockout
12/21/12 11:44:35PM
MMAMath doesn't work. GSP by Unanimous Decision.
casketcoin
12/21/12 11:54:55PM
my two favorite fighters
jae_1833
12/22/12 12:23:35AM
GSP via tko (gnp/cuts)
GSP over Diaz as a fan too.....normally I like cocky outspoken types, but Diaz's actions concerning immature decisions pushed me beyond that point.
tcunningham
12/22/12 2:30:00AM
first off, i wouldnt say that GSP uses "defensive" jabs. defensive jabs rarely do the damage that GSP's does, take into account the josh koscheck fight. i think GSP is a very offensive fighter even if he doesnt finish people. he never runs during his fights and ive never seen a defensive fighter take control of an opponent like GSP does. that being said, i do think the guy is pretty damn boring to watch these days. ive grown tired of watching him dominate people over and over without finishing them.

diaz is one of the most unprofessional fighters on the entire roster and always has been. his antics inside and outside the octagon have brought new fans into the sport but he'll never be as big of a name as GSP as long as he acts the way he does. this whole retirement thing, not showing up for the press conferences in his first title shot, and bad attitude has ruined some of his achievements, at least for me as a fan. that said, i do think diaz is an entertaining fighter and has been dangerous for a long time. i'll be watching all of his fights regardless but likely will not be rooting for him anytime soon.
UFC_Fanatic
12/22/12 2:37:47AM
Like FastKnockout said, MMAMath doesn't work. And I for one don't think Lytle was a journeyman. In my opinion he was a company man. Jeremy Horn however, he is a career journeyman. Anyway, I have GSP all day every day five rounds to none UD, or alternatively doctor's stoppage due to cuts. As much as I like Diaz and want to see him win this fight, I don't see it happening. The only way I could see him winning it is if he can keep the fight standing for the entire fight, and I just don't see that happening. I see gsp taking him down at will for the entirety of the fight.
jakewalters
12/22/12 3:58:48AM
Assuming the OP voted Diaz, everyone else has voted Georges 11-0. Wow. Idk, at some point the Diaz bros schtick just got old to me. Oh you're mean and you mean mug and flick people off and yell during fights and make excuses when you lose. Whatever.
aussiemma
12/22/12 4:20:32AM
i like both guys very much, both have very effective styles and i enjoy watching both. I voted Nick, but when they fight, i think gsp will take it by decision

still be rooting for Nick to get that sub or tko...no way he is getting a decision over gsp, a matter of fact i don't think anyone could get a decision over gsp.
pmoney
12/22/12 4:33:10AM
Nick won't lay on his back like Condit did and not throw up a rubber guard until the fifth round! I like his chances against GSP, but then again I liked Nate over Bendo lol.
mentalcase
12/22/12 5:24:25AM
hey to all who reponded thank you, but i never made this a whos gonna win thread i think its most likely gsp wil will via decision but im just saying i respect diaz worrier spirit more then gsps effective control
MMAcca
12/22/12 8:30:11AM

Posted by mentalcase

hey to all who reponded thank you, but i never made this a whos gonna win thread i think its most likely gsp wil will via decision but im just saying i respect diaz worrier spirit more then gsps effective control

Nick knows the sport of MMA, but there are plenty of better fighters in his weight class. Can't knock his 'warrior spirit' but i wish he would take a loss graciously just once.

Either that, or start fighting bums on the street Kimbo style......
kopower
12/22/12 10:23:50AM
I can't wait to see the picture of Nick's busted up face, side by side Nate's busted face, to compare who took the bigger ass whooping.

There's no question, the Diaz brothers come to fight, and go out on their green marijuana shields. It would be nice to see GSP get the finish, but I think another UD is in order.
FastKnockout
12/22/12 11:30:33AM

Posted by pmoney

Nick won't lay on his back like Condit did and not throw up a rubber guard until the fifth round! I like his chances against GSP, but then again I liked Nate over Bendo lol.

We can't trust you, P$! You're the biggest Diaz fan here.
Budgellism
12/22/12 11:54:53AM
I'm more a fan of Diaz than GSP but I think this is GSP's fight to lose.
Poor_Franklin
12/22/12 4:28:41PM
GSP
Bubbles
12/22/12 8:31:45PM
GSP > Condit > Diaz
GSP > Sherk > Diaz
GSP > Parisyan > Diaz
GSP > Fitch > Sanchez > Diaz

MMA math wins
prozacnation1978
12/22/12 11:42:37PM
The brothers fight alike and weakness is alike
Gsp by wrestling and grinding him out 5 rounds
prophecy033
12/25/12 2:47:28PM

Posted by casketcoin

my two favorite fighters

Awkward
HangmansNoose
1/2/13 12:43:50PM
I'm a Diaz fan and I want him to win but I think GSP may have this one :-S
fonduktoe
1/5/13 8:57:26PM
as much as i would love to see diaz kick the crap outta gsp i stopped believing in santa claus a long time ago...and yes there is a connection.
mentalcase
3/8/13 4:48:01PM
Diaz on MMA scoring and winning fights: “Everybody wants to be like GSP and overcome the technical aspect by being stronger and more explosive, and beating you to the punch in the scoring for five minutes. That’s not really what martial arts is about. This is MMA, and that’s what fans want to see. People want to see real skill level, real boxing and real jiu-jitsu mixed up. They don’t just want to see five minutes of holding.”