Nick Diaz will NOT corner Nate

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nick Diaz will NOT corner Nate
fatdevil1982
6/21/07 1:05:14PM
Nick Diaz will not be cornering his younger brother, Nathan Diaz, in what will surely be the biggest fight of Nathan's career. Nick, who is himself under a six month NSAC suspension, has been advised that due to his suspension he will not be able to secure a corner's license in Nevada.
Jake Shields will now travel to Las Vegas to take over cornering duties. He will be joining Gilbert Melendez and Cesar Gracie in Nathan's corner.

-Graciefighter.com
Primo
6/21/07 1:18:05PM
That's ill Gillie the kid will be in his corner...he'd run through anybody in the 155 division in UFC....especially Sherk!!
MisFiT
6/21/07 1:20:00PM

Posted by Primo

That's ill Gillie the kid will be in his corner...he'd run through anybody in the 155 division in UFC....especially Sherk!!

I hope that was sarcasm.
loller90278
6/21/07 1:42:20PM
no, i also agree el nino will destroy sherk
MisFiT
6/21/07 1:45:10PM
There's no way man. You have too much faith in El Nino.
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/21/07 1:59:12PM
I also have faith in Melendez beating Sherk, but that's not what this thread is about unfortunately. Sad that Nick Diaz can't be cornering Nate, he's like the overprotective brother and he pushed Nate into the Sport. Oh well, Gamburyan won't have Karo in his corner either.
TB_The_Savior
6/21/07 2:04:10PM
Gillie The Kid is just as good!

Like dude above me said...Karo's not gonna be in Manvil's corner either so...I guess it's alright.
conlin952
6/21/07 3:06:45PM
Thats retarded, sherk would rip him in half. Nate's a badass don't get me wrong but he's just not strong or powerful enough. Did you see Sherk fight Nick Diaz?
Primo
6/21/07 3:10:20PM
Sherk would rip Melendez in half?? Gillie Tha Kid would destroy Sherk standing, jump on him as he was down and GNP him with ease. He's too much action, Sherk is good when he can outmuscle guys and take them down and lay on them, but if somebody brought it to him and showed good TD defense (El Nino) he would be finished. Franca will lose to Sherk because of his gas tank, but will expose a lot of holes in his game.
babalu2720
6/21/07 3:20:31PM
That sucks for Nate, but this shouldnt affect him seriously. Jake Shields and El Nino in ur corner is really good
Mayo
6/21/07 4:18:26PM
That sucks... I was really hoping for the Diaz brothers and the Parysian relatives to all be there and have some prefight banter.
Aether
6/21/07 5:05:00PM

Posted by conlin952

Thats retarded, sherk would rip him in half. Nate's a badass don't get me wrong but he's just not strong or powerful enough. Did you see Sherk fight Nick Diaz?

They're saying that Gilbert Melendez (nate's cornerman) would beat sherk, not that nate himself would beat sherk.
Signal2112
6/21/07 5:21:56PM
Yeah, Nick had better keep himself tucked away until he can return and try to scrape back some of the respect he has lost. Nate seems like a pretty capable and intuitive fighter though, so I'm sure he'll be fine without his presence.
conlin952
6/21/07 5:25:25PM
I miss read, but I don't think that Melendez could hang with Sherk either
The_Metal_Maniac
6/21/07 6:08:21PM
Ok Gilbert and Jake will be near the UFC octagon for one night. Hopefully Dana and the powers at be extend a hand get them in one. Shields and Gilbert are two of my favorite fighters, it would be really nice to see them fight in the UFC. Joe Stevenson vs. Gilbert that would be pretty fun to watch.
Primo
6/21/07 7:42:15PM

Posted by conlin952

I miss read, but I don't think that Melendez could hang with Sherk either

That's because you've probably never saw one of his fights lol