Anyone for Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anyone for Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva?
Next Page »
theguido
5/19/08 12:33:10PM
I know most of you think that this is nuts but Diaz is a very exciting fighter very well rounded. His bjj is great and if he could stand like he did in the Lawler fight I think he might have a chance.
THOUGHTS???:D
IriShame
5/19/08 12:36:19PM
There's far too big of a weight discrepancy. Diaz fought most of his career at WW and LW. I believe he's weighing in these days at 160. Silva is a big MW. Probably walking around at close to 200 pounds. I don't think he needs any more of an advantage.
theguido
5/19/08 12:39:41PM
very true
Twenty20Dollars
5/19/08 1:08:29PM
yeah i would only want to see this if they were in the same weight class.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/19/08 1:11:16PM
do i want to see nick diaz decapitated? the answer is no.
candynuts
5/19/08 1:25:14PM
KJ Noons made Diaz's face look like he went 5 rounds with a pastrami slicer, I'd hate to see what Anderson would do to him.

CantAndleDaRiddum
5/19/08 2:21:01PM

Posted by candynuts

KJ Noons made Diaz's face look like he went 5 rounds with a pastrami slicer, I'd hate to see what Anderson would do to him.

didnt nick get surgery done since that fight so he wont cut as easily?

but i agree that Anderson would tool his face
Twenty20Dollars
5/19/08 2:23:54PM
yeah but diaz still wanted to fight with those cuts. so he has all my respect
whardin19
5/19/08 2:51:18PM
I definetally wouldn't mind seeing this fight. It would be a good fight I think.
tylerlee123
5/19/08 3:30:48PM
It would be like Diaz- Gomi, but a TKO not a submission. Imagine !
mkiv9secsupra
5/19/08 3:35:54PM
Its not that i dont think this would be a bad fight but its almost a guarantee that Anderson would cut Nick open sometime in the first and the fight would be stopped prematurely....which would just piss me off.

Anderson has a lot more reach and power than Nick so on the feet Anderson could work his magic and demolish Diaz. But on the ground Nick could probly hold his own.....and i hate to say this but Diaz's wrestling and takedowns are extremely weak and anderson could probably sprawl through everything.

i do not want to see this fight...........unless its at 170.......
puppetmaster837
5/19/08 4:10:21PM
I think this should be the co main event of a fight card, the other main event is Andy Wang vs. Fedor
Pookie
5/19/08 4:10:45PM
Yeah as much as i like both of these guys, i wouldnt want to see this fight. Wouldnt even be competitive.
aaa9erh8er
5/19/08 6:40:37PM
i have to agree the size is to much. do i thiunk nick would still put on a show hell ya. but i dont see it hapenening but to who said the andy wang vs fedor AW wins no problem..............SIKE that would be like rampage vs pulver
Mchubb316
5/19/08 8:26:26PM
Diaz takes too many strikes to the face. Facing a caliber of striker like Silva would be murder. This fight should not ever happen. Silva is much bigger and much better than Diaz.
fonduktoe
5/19/08 8:52:20PM
you gots to be trolling here
atlas777
5/19/08 10:32:21PM
diaz would not stand a chance wether there was a weight difference or not he would get ko'd just like everyone else
bigbubbano23
5/19/08 10:40:05PM
maybe once he beats a former champ. which i belive won't be for a while but it would be interesting to see some day.
kurt-2112
6/6/08 8:39:32PM
Anderson Silva right now is ound for ound the best mma fighter, i wonder who will beat hm, i highly doubt anyone anytime soon, but a diaz silva fight would be exciting, (providing it goes past the first round)
gartface
6/6/08 8:44:19PM
Nick Diaz doesn't want that surgery to go to waste does he? That scar tissue would come back elevenfold...
breakdown5
6/6/08 11:35:36PM
It might be a good scrap, but it should never happen.
NinjaCyborg
6/7/08 1:35:01AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

do i want to see nick diaz decapitated? the answer is no.

totally agree!
Rush
6/7/08 11:49:20AM
Nick Diaz would be even harder to understand (after) if this fight ever happened. Silva would use him as a training bag.
Loot613
6/11/08 8:09:32PM
Yeah, I agree with almost everyone. Nick Diaz is great but Anderson Silva is bigger and better. Maybe in 10 years would this be a good fight. And how about Chris Leben, he's getting soo much better what do you think a rematch would look like with him? I still hope they put on Bisping vs. Leben first though.
jocksmall
4/17/09 9:04:30PM

Posted by IriShame

There's far too big of a weight discrepancy. Diaz fought most of his career at WW and LW. I believe he's weighing in these days at 160. Silva is a big MW. Probably walking around at close to 200 pounds. I don't think he needs any more of an advantage.

after the shamrock fight nick said he was 195 but i dont think that weight is the issue here its pedigree. im a huge nick fan i have had him as one of my favorites in my profile for 2 years on this site but he would more than likely take a beating. we all know he can take one and im pretty sure anderson would give him one. nicks reach wouldnt affect silva because he is just as long and his striking is much more crisp. not sure how nick could win that fight. that being said i would sure as hell watch it
NatedawgThaM
4/17/09 9:55:19PM

Posted by Pookie

Yeah as much as i like both of these guys, i wouldnt want to see this fight. Wouldnt even be competitive.

Exactly!!!

Both are real lengthly and use their long limbs too greatly enhance their striking and grappling skills. So it will come down to who's bigger, defintely Anderson. it would be exciting for a short amount of time because Nicks mad entertaining, tough, with alot of heard but Anderson should put him down early.
mrsmiley
4/17/09 10:53:39PM
Anderson would own Diaz.
The first 30 seconds would be interesting just to see how Anderson sized up Nicks unorthodox standup,but after that it's good night Nick.
mentalcase
4/17/09 11:59:14PM
in 2004 when diaz koed lawler and anderson got subed by chonan i think diaz would been fav funny how things change

TsekaPrivet
4/18/09 8:16:17AM
Anderson would demolish Nick Diaz, regardless of weight difference.
Jackelope
4/18/09 12:33:47PM
I have rarely seen someone's standup become so highly overrated after beating up such a poor striker. Now, I like Nick Diaz, and he has some awkward but effective striking, but let's be honest here guys.

Frank Shamrock is not a great striker. Or, at least, he's not so good of a striker that picking him apart should be considered some kind of massive accomplishment. KJ Noons absolutely embarassed Nick Diaz in their fight. KJ Noons, IMO, wouldn't even last a round with Anderson Silva. So what does that say about Nick Diaz?

Diaz's biggest strength in his standup are his odd angles, length, and chin. Anderson Silva will have more length, better footwork (nullifying angles) and more than enough power to touch his chin. Not to mention the fact that Diaz's kicks leave something to be desired. Anderson's? Well.. I think we can all answer how effective his kicks and knees are.

Diaz plants his feet and stands in one spot, has little to no head movement, and leaves his chin wide open. The only way he gets away with doing all of that is because he throws punches in bunches, has a good chin, and very very good cardio.

I know that's a long and semi-redundant post, but I can't stress enough how ridiculous I think this matchup is.

BUT

I'd love to see it
Pages: [1] 2