Nice Idea.... "Well I think so"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Nice Idea.... "Well I think so"
POLL: Good Idea or bad Idea???
Good one 72% (18)
Bad one 28% (7)
Kracker_Jap
11/2/08 6:07:21PM
Over the last year I have seen a lot of cool changes on this site....

I know that we can subscribe to a thread and get notified every time there is a new post.... I have never used the feature and probably never will.....

But what if it was possible to have the same feature but only be notified if some one has put your post into Quotes???

I would use it, would you??? Can it be done???
Jackelope
11/2/08 6:12:48PM
There's been a lot of talk about implementing new things to the site lately from the members. Unfortunately these are all programmer issues and it's not exactly things that can be done overnight
Kracker_Jap
11/2/08 6:16:02PM
Without members sharing ideas, maybe some of the cool things to the site i have witnessed would not have happened.......

I have another Idea.... If you do not buy the premium membership you are not allowed to have an Idea.....

Far enough jack???

It is also important to note they are only ideas... My daughter had the idea she should throw toys at daddies new 55inch flat screen on the wall... I as Moderator of my house hould told her that it was a bad idea and banned her to her room
cmb19932
11/2/08 6:36:06PM
i think its genius saves me time from reading everut it is everyone elses crappy posts lol jk but it is a good idea
Shawn91111
11/2/08 6:55:27PM
Maybe all premium members can get to ban a person of their choosing, kinda like a ride along with law enforcement... Or Premium members get more icons and only those who are not get the generic happy and sad faces.
dannyfrank
11/2/08 7:17:55PM
i like the idea. it makes it so i wont have to go through old forums to see if anyone replied to me.

EDIT: shawn91111, i do not like your icon idea. dont make me use my on you!
RampageOwnedYou
11/2/08 7:18:53PM

Maybe all premium members can get to ban a person of their choosing, kinda like a ride along with law enforcement... Or Premium members get more icons and only those who are not get the generic happy and sad faces.

Im down with that!! I think people who threw money should come first before people who havent donated nada.
Or just let all premium members become mods. lol

I think doing more with the secondary league is needed. Put it seperate from UFC standings. But let fight camps compete for secondary.
Shawn91111
11/2/08 7:22:16PM

Posted by dannyfrank

i like the idea. it makes it so i wont have to go through old forums to see if anyone replied to me.

EDIT: shawn91111, i do not like your icon idea. dont make me use my on you!

Well pay the $20 then
juanez13
11/2/08 7:26:20PM
I like the idea, i like to see when people quote me for whatever reason, whether is to ask a question or challenge my opinion, and sometimes i miss them because the threads might not be at the top of the forums. So i'd be up for that...... as far as the secondary league goes, the idea has already been shut down, so i dont see the need to discuss it again

Edit: gotta spread it, but always like to see people suggesting ideas that can make the playground better
RampageOwnedYou
11/2/08 7:31:35PM

as far as the secondary league goes, the idea has already been shut down, so i dont see the need to discuss it again

Really? who shut it down?
I talk to several mods, and was told it was going to be discussed when the Programmer gets back, so get your facts straight!!!!!
Ordep
11/2/08 7:42:15PM
I rather see a chat room to avoid the 20+ pages threads during live events when most of the posts are....

"OMG what a KO"

"Yah did'n see that coming"

"What a KO"

"Jesus he's down"

"OMG did you see that"

"OMG he got KTFO"

""

"YEAHHHHHH"

"OMG what a KO"

Kracker_Jap
11/2/08 8:00:15PM

Posted by Ordep

I rather see a chat room to avoid the 20+ pages threads during live events when most of the posts are....

"OMG what a KO"

"Yah did'n see that coming"

"What a KO"

"Jesus he's down"

"OMG did you see that"

"OMG he got KTFO"

""

"YEAHHHHHH"

"OMG what a KO"

R U talkin about in the spoilers forum
Ordep
11/2/08 8:03:13PM
yeah, too much quoting and 3 word posts (and sometime quoting other 2 words post) then it gets flooded and it's a pain to follow the results.
dannyfrank
11/2/08 8:05:58PM

Posted by Ordep

yeah, too much quoting and 3 word posts (and sometime quoting other 2 words post) then it gets flooded and it's a pain to follow the results.

i like those threads though. they're a good way to build up on posts too
Kracker_Jap
11/2/08 8:11:09PM
Pretty much what happens during an event.... A bunch of friends gather around and post on the fights.... Not to much thought in it.... really its fun

Sorry you do not see it as I do
MALICE
11/2/08 8:26:51PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Pretty much what happens during an event.... A bunch of friends gather around and post on the fights.... Not to much thought in it.... really its fun

It doesn't bother me so much but I see where you are coming from. By the events last fight there can be as many as 15 pages in the thread.

You could start a duplicate "Clean" version of the Events Results thread but that would be a violation of the sites rules. Sorry, no good solutions come to mind.
MMAcca
11/3/08 1:41:19AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by Kracker_Jap

It doesn't bother me so much but I see where you are coming from. By the events last fight there can be as many as 15 pages in the thread.

You could start a duplicate "Clean" version of the Events Results thread but that would be a violation of the sites rules. Sorry, no good solutions come to mind.

The discussion threads, which are usually started (and updated) by DCRage, always have the fight results in the first post anyway as DC edits his original post after each fight, so i don't see a problem really. Keep up the good work DCRage
Kracker_Jap
11/3/08 2:07:17AM
I agree... Rock on DC

I coulds have agreed sooner if my quote notification idea was in play