It’s no more “Mr. Nice Guy” for Quinton Jackson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » It’s no more “Mr. Nice Guy” for Quinton Jackson
RhythmAndStyle
12/26/09 4:27:46PM
UFC fans who have been watching Dana White’s video blogs for any length of time have likely seen Jackson and the UFC President joking around and hanging out as friends a number of times. Those days are over.“I don’t really care for Dana anymore,” said Jackson. “When I say ‘I’m done with the UFC,’ I’m done with Dana. I’m done with being their friend. I don’t wanna be their friend. I don’t need friends like that.”

Link
tcunningham
12/26/09 6:05:54PM
I dont ever really care what rampage ever says. he talks so much nonsense all the time. weather hes in the ufc, strikeforce, dream, whatever ill still watch him i just dont care to hear about these fighters little personal battles. Shut up and fight! thanks for the post though
Twenty20Dollars
12/26/09 7:01:38PM
chubbud22
12/26/09 8:09:13PM
I would stil like Rampage, and would love to puy his fist in Rashadss mouth.

WAR RAMPAGE
warglory
12/26/09 8:52:46PM
Damn Rampage sounds like a spoiled little brat in this interview. "Dana made me do the Ultimate Fighter...blah blah blah" Rampage gets paid very good money to do what he does, and he's complaining he only got paid $700 a week (which essentially involved him working out and speaking on camera...real hard money) to do the Ultimate Fighter? It's amazing that Rampage doesn't seem to realize that this is a job, and Dana and the Fertittas are his bosses. He just seems very ungrateful.
spikerman19
12/26/09 10:02:46PM
$700 seems a little low, you get paid more getting voted out first on survivor.
wrona666
12/26/09 10:35:55PM
Rampage is always looking for something to cry about........Shut up and fight and get KO'ed by Rashad.......
grappler0000
12/26/09 11:03:43PM

Posted by spikerman19

$700 seems a little low, you get paid more getting voted out first on survivor.

Even in an off season, Survivor is still 1 of the top 20 shows on television.
george112
12/26/09 11:19:57PM

Posted by warglory

Damn Rampage sounds like a spoiled little brat in this interview. "Dana made me do the Ultimate Fighter...blah blah blah" Rampage gets paid very good money to do what he does, and he's complaining he only got paid $700 a week (which essentially involved him working out and speaking on camera...real hard money) to do the Ultimate Fighter? It's amazing that Rampage doesn't seem to realize that this is a job, and Dana and the Fertittas are his bosses. He just seems very ungrateful.

i agree

athletes get paid to do something they love and enjoy while the rest of us labor away at work trying to pay bills...seeriously do your job with a smile on your face an be grateful your not working in some office somewhere getting paid $12/hr
Twenty20Dollars
12/27/09 12:27:43AM
i still make min. wage 7.25 here. Im sure I dont even make 700 in 2 months.

Dont they usually get a car or something like that also for doing TUF. Dana should be the one ranting on here with rampage pulling out of the fight with rashad.
king_katool
12/27/09 12:40:56AM

And to keep himself busy and basically because of his lifestyle while in Vegas, it cost him $30,000 to do it.

you cant control yourself so it's Dana's fault you spent 30g's on partying

If Titties lose some weight and get rid of those titties, then I wanna knock him out and shut him up cause he got a big mouth,” said Jackson.

he's got a big mouth because he stands up for himself?? ive lost all respect for rampage and cant wait till rashad KOs his ass, and i hope Schoonover does lose a bit of weight and fights rampage, regardless of the outcome id like to see Schoonover punch rampage in HIS BIG MOUTH
spencer16
12/27/09 9:56:18AM
Hey gets paid to do somthing he loves. Stop Crying and go work a 9-5 job clown.
jiujitsufreak74
12/27/09 10:48:02AM

it is just laughable to me. it's like he forgot that dana bailed him out of jail and personally went to visit him and take care of him in his moment of need. we have all gotten to see the real rampage, and as much as it pains me to say it i can't wait to see his abrupt fall from grace.
BeeR
12/27/09 11:21:12AM
Cant wait for rashad to swell his lips shut.
EliasG
12/28/09 12:08:55AM
He did everything that Dana wanted and didn't get what he wanted from Dana back. I get it. If I was an employee that brought a lot to the table and I made my boss a lot of money and did stuff for my boss as a favor even when he knew I would prefer not to...and then i asked my boss for a favor and he said no.....I would be pissed to. In fact, I would get a new boss. Except Rampage can't because he is too marketable and there is no way they'll release him from his contract. He HAS to fight out his contract. Then he can walk. Then he probably will.

I don't care what job you are in and how much you get paid---Respect still matters. If my boss pays me 1 million a year to do my job that's what I get paid for. I won't let my boss talk ISh about me just because I get paid well for doing my job.

It didn't matter to me whether I was getting paid or not getting paid well---my bosses treated me with respect or I let them know in no uncertain terms that they wouldn't talk to me that way again. Then they realized that the ONLY thing they had over me was the capacity to fire me and I wasn't worried about that. They have no REAL power. Dana has the power of a contract and a major litigating force behind him. Rampage should finish his contract and work for someone that won't treat him like a paid step n fetch it.
BeeR
12/28/09 6:47:10AM
Rampage wasnt FORCED to to TUF, Im sure he knew long before taping started he would only be getting $700 a week, who takes a job without knowing their salary? I think Dana has givin him everything he's wanted, including a free ticket out of prision, so he wanted to do a movie, do it after the fight, do it after your contract is up, dont cry like a baby and make excuses about it, he sounds like a child, especially when he starts bad mouthing the best and most knowledged announcer threre will probably ever be. All I see here is a kid crying that he didnt get his way one time. because he's been given more then he deserves, There is alot more fighters in the UFC that have Earned what they have and have accomplished.
cmill21
12/28/09 7:35:10AM
It's funny, Dana cries when he doesn't get his way and Rampage does it and everyone is on his back. The guy wanted to postpone a fight, happens every day due to many many reasons. If the guy wanted to knit at home for a while thats his choice, Rampage is a big star and he draws alot of people in, and on top of that unlike some others he is still a top 5 fighter. Rampage would be better off not talking but I guess you have to when your a star.
emfleek
12/28/09 8:35:38AM
Okay, some of these comments are getting out of hand.

This will be the ONLY warning. Anymore fighter bashing comments will result in some time off from posting.

No exceptions.

C'mon guys...it's not like this is a new rule.